Space forest. Yep.

For a moment I was afraid that every new lifeform in EDO would be another object anchored to a lump of something on the ground, spaced well enough to get an SRV in among most of them. Great if FD has managed to vary the placement and area requirements! Any signs of algae, lichen or other creepy-crawly vegetation yet?

Personally I'm waiting for reefs and tiered forests. And pond scum, and by association, ponds.

:D S

For a moment I was afraid that every new lifeform in EDO would be another object anchored to a lump of something on the ground, spaced well enough to get an SRV in among most of them. Great if FD has managed to vary the placement and area requirements! Any signs of algae, lichen or other creepy-crawly vegetation yet?

Personally I'm waiting for reefs and tiered forests. And pond scum, and by association, ponds.

Now all organics life are distributed all over the planet.

When phase 3 start we all gain Genetic Sampler tool for analyzing all organic life
Yep, but first we need to find them. I hope/assume the sciency suit will come with some sort of waveform analyser/visualiser similar to what we have in the SRV. The ship should really also have it for low-altitude flight so we could do more efficient surveys.

next up is the hand held mining laser which allows you to dig holes in terrain in order to build bases and machinery.

The ONLY thing that "sucks" about this is im guessing those plants are 4-5ft tall or you are 4ft i hate how short everyone is.

Yep, but first we need to find them. I hope/assume the sciency suit will come with some sort of waveform analyser/visualiser similar to what we have in the SRV. The ship should really also have it for low-altitude flight so we could do more efficient surveys.

It seems like you'll be able to tell if a planet will support life based on it's scan stats. Atmosphere type and density, average temperatures, stuff like hat. Planets that support life/have life are absolutely crowded with it. You can land pretty much anywhere on the planet and you'll see it's dominant life-form. Some types of life are so common that you can find similar ones on entirely different planets (A little bit of a letdown sometimes. It seems like they allow the same lifeform to exist on another planet without any procedurally generated differences) But there seems to be a variety, and there are rarer types of life that you don't commonly find, or only find on special types of planets with special conditions

Top Bottom