So, what if Fleet Carrier purchase star systems....

...we're permit locked?

Maybe its not all about the credits.

Should it be all about the credits?

I mean, we've seen this before with unlocking one of the Engineers (Bill Turner?), which required becoming allied with an Alliance faction before you could access him.

And......I'd actually be fine if Fleet Carrier Purchase Systems (I believe there's going to be four of them?) were permit locked to be honest, if that encourages more compelling gameplay on the way to Fleet Carrier Godhood. But that's just me. So what about you lot? 🙂

...we're permit locked?

Maybe its not all about the credits.

Should it be all about the credits?

I mean, we've seen this before with unlocking one of the Engineers (Bill Turner?), which required becoming allied with an Alliance faction before you could access him.

And......I'd actually be fine if Fleet Carrier Purchase Systems (I believe there's going to be four of them?) were permit locked to be honest, if that encourages more compelling gameplay on the way to Fleet Carrier Godhood. But that's just me. So what about you lot? 🙂
IF the road to rank was actually a thing in game, with a complete storyline along with it, other than data delivery grindruns, I'd say yes. And also horribly expensive. Come'on, it takes a weekend to make a few billions these days

[chuckle]

you're new, aren't you? We're talking about FDev here.
I thought we were talking about fleet carriers.

We can agree that FDev's implementation of fleet carriers will almost certainly be inept, but they're not in the habit of restricting major content updates to a few hardcore. Even the Guardian unlocks are doable in the early game, and rank locked ships are almost a legacy mechanic at this point.

I thought we were talking about fleet carriers.

We can agree that FDev's implementation of fleet carriers will almost certainly be inept, but they're not in the habit of restricting major content updates to a few hardcore. Even the Guardian unlocks are doable in the early game, and rank locked ships are almost a legacy mechanic at this point.
Yeah I am starting to lean towards the thought that they won't even exceed a billion for the base purchase.

I saw a reply in another thread the other day which said
"What if fleet carriers have X? I don't want X, X is ruining fleet carriers!" (or something very similar).
I thought it was a bit of hyperbole to make a point, then I was this thread. I think we may be doooomed as a species.

Maybe the FC buy zones could be Colonia, Sag A*, Beagle Point and the furthest 'South' of the bubble which name I've forgotten?

That would make things far more interesting....

(I'll get my coat)

Im excited to see if there's any capability to maneuver them at all.

Its one thing to send it to a planet but honestly we can pick the specific spot to some allowed tolerance.

I'd be pretty annoyed to send it to a planet with a res and have it parked on the other side of said planet.

I am not sure about star system lock being a constraint used but I could see Frontier asking for a Commander to be triple elite.

Rightly (or wrongly) progressing to Elite in the three disciplines is an end game aspiration for most commanders and I can see needing the trifecta in place as being the key owning a Fleet carrier.

I am not sure about star system lock being a constraint used but I could see Frontier asking for a Commander to be triple elite.

Rightly (or wrongly) progressing to Elite in the three disciplines is an end game aspiration for most commanders and I can see needing the trifecta in place as being the key owning a Fleet carrier.
They're pretty well against limiting things to end game players.

Fleet Carriers are this year's big attraction, to draw players back into the game. I just don't see them costing 20 billion, stuck behind a permit and rank grind, and jumping on 200 tons of mined Unobtainium.
Hahaha!

Are you familiar with how FDev operate?

Top Bottom