Skins List!

Here's a list of the base skins available from the development build gameplay and what I speculate each base skin color is (speculation is most likely off, so bare with me). Feel free to add your speculation below!

Skin Name - Speculated Color - Animal Gene

Base Skins
Death Valley
- Sand - N/A
Salar Del Huasco - Dark Grey - N/A
Yukon River - Black - N/A
Mangrove Forest - Forest Green - N/A
Limpopo River - Rock-Brown - Forest Rain Frog
Svalbard - Red-Brown - Reindeer
Champlain Valley - Dark Green - Northern Leopard Frog
Great Sandy Desert - Light Sand - Central Bearded Dragon
Gambia River Basin - Purple - Purple Starling
Sonoran Desert - Desert-Red - Cochineal Insect
Qilian Mountains - Light Silver - Snow Leopard
Amazon Rainforest - Light Blue - Scarlet Macaw

Are the names in bold what the skins are actually referred to as in the development build? I didn't catch that in any of the videos.

Are the names in bold what the skins are actually referred to as in the development build? I didn't catch that in any of the videos.
Yes, BestInSlot pans over each one in the research section around the 10 minute mark of his playthrough. The first 4 are the skins already available to them

Very interesting. And do we know if every dinosaur will have each of these skins? I believe I heard that somewhere, that each dinosaur will have 12 skins. In other words, it won't be like JWE 1 where each dinosaur only has access to certain skins.

I sure hope so, and as of the development build each dinosaur had all the available skins from what I saw. So I believe they have all 12 skins for each dinosaur/reptile. I wanna be able to make a colorful Carnotaurus since we were limited to some dull patterns for it in JWE1, so I’m really hoping!

Well I remember them saying something about not being able to make a bright pink T-rex, so I'm thinking that the skins for each dinosaur won't be the exact same shade. I'm betting the Amazon river skin for Edmontosaurus, for example, will be much brighter than Carnotaurus. I don't have a problem with that. Predators are generally not brightly colored in nature.

Here's a list of the base skins available from the development build gameplay and what I speculate each base skin color is (speculation is most likely off, so bare with me). Feel free to add your speculation below!

Skin Name - Speculated Color - Animal Gene

Base Skins
Death Valley
- Sand - N/A
Salar Del Huasco - Dark Grey - N/A
Yukon River - Black - N/A
Mangrove Forest - Forest Green - N/A
Limpopo River - Rock-Brown - Forest Rain Frog
Svalbard - Red-Brown - Reindeer
Champlain Valley - Dark Green - Northern Leopard Frog
Great Sandy Desert - Light Sand - Central Bearded Dragon
Gambia River Basin - Purple - Purple Starling
Sonoran Desert - Desert-Red - Cochineal Insect
Qilian Mountains - Light Silver - Snow Leopard
Amazon Rainforest - Light Blue - Scarlet Macaw
why sould the scarlet macaw be blue?

why sould the scarlet macaw be blue?
I'm guessing it because the Rainforest skin in JWE1 was blue, and was based off a Blue Macaw. A scarlet macaw is mostly red, but also has very colorful blue within it's wings. Also, I feel as if there are already red shades, and not a blue one, so that's why I am guessing its blue. Plus, I can't see a skin being named Amazon Rainforest being red, but I maybe completely wrong . . . we will have to wait and see I guess

I'm guessing it because the Rainforest skin in JWE1 was blue, and was based off a Blue Macaw. A scarlet macaw is mostly red, but also has very colorful blue within it's wings. Also, I feel as if there are already red shades, and not a blue one, so that's why I am guessing its blue. Plus, I can't see a skin being named Amazon Rainforest being red, but I maybe completely wrong . . . we will have to wait and see I guess
Fun fact, the Blue from Bird feathers is determined by the structure of the feather, not pigment (blue pigment doesn't exist in Amniotes, it's only determined by structure, the skin of cassowaries for example). Purple and green are generally achieved with that same structure.

Top Bottom