Ship selection should be done at the lift, not Intra Astra

Yep. There's no need to select your ship at the lifts if you can't choose which one you want to go to. The current system just adds a bunch of extra steps - I've just used the ship interface to swap ships

I was also thinking that watching your ship arrive would be cool. Also you could walk around it and modify the loadout but selecting things and changing what is mounted there.. Sure the top side items could be a challenge but I am sure we can think of a way around that... Even a loadout terminal in the hanger ?

It makes sense to go to the Ship place to get a ship out of storage - the lift is just a 'select destination' screen and it's not like they would keep all of your ships docked all the time!
Nah, this is the future. We have consoles for this kind of thing. Having to line up to talk to desk clerks is so old fashioned. :)

There should be a console at the lift (which would be used when we interact with the lift) as well as another console down in the ship area.

It makes sense to go to the Ship place to get a ship out of storage - the lift is just a 'select destination' screen and it's not like they would keep all of your ships docked all the time!

I get what you are saying.. for moving ships about and seeing your overall 'account' you can go to the ship store but why you could not be asked which ship (from the list in that location) is beyond me..

I would want to go to the lift, elect the ship I want to be taken to (read hanger) and then when I arrive be presented with a terminal that I can use if I wish to change things on the ship in front of me.

I was also thinking that watching your ship arrive would be cool. Also you could walk around it and modify the loadout but selecting things and changing what is mounted there.. Sure the top side items could be a challenge but I am sure we can think of a way around that... Even a loadout terminal in the hanger ?
I like this idea, not sure how we would deal with different pad sizes though?

Anyone discover how you can get rid of your last ship, and return to being on foot only?

Or is it a one way trip to the stars?

Adding a selection on the lift was the first thing I expected. Maybe they don't allow multiple destination, which is a bit weird, but I guess it would get out of hand if you have 40 ships in one station. Ah well, most peoplw manage to work it out :)

The menu also lets you select the team hangar, if you are in a team, to go to other peoples' ships.
In that case I guess it's because of the 'which of these 40 ships?' issue. Plus it would get confusing once you have multiple of the same type - though you would think they could use the ship name ...

All your ships are stored in your private hangars at the shipyard. You should ask InterAstra to deliver your ship in a public hangar which is in the docking bay. The point is you cannot occupy more than one public hangar. Imagine if you have 100 ships and you can choose them at the lift. That means all your ships are already in the docking bay. But there are no so much hangars. So choosing the ship at InterAstra is absolutely right decision IMO.

Top Bottom