Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on the 10 October at 07:00 (UTC) to apply the September Update - Patch 3.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full Patch Notes below:

Cockpit UI
  • Fixed an issue that caused multiple modules to appear to change priorities instead of just the one that was selected
  • Fixed a small performance stutter when opening the modules tab
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a mission
  • Fixed the issue causing a softlock at mission boards (and removed the workaround missions)
Exploration
  • Fixed an issue where the system map was missing Commander names for First Discovered and First Mapped
General
  • (Xbox One only) Replaced 'Debug Test' text that appeared when giving a ship a name or ID on Xbox One with 'Enter Ship Name/ID'
  • Fixed missing Flak Launcher VFX
  • Fixed an issue that stopped some previously allowed characters from being able to be used in ship IDs
Network
  • Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
  • Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
    • Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected
Render
  • (Xbox One only) Fixed a screen tearing issue on Xbox One when in 4k Quality mode
is this a server side fix or will there be a client side updated file as well ?

thy for your work and on the upcommming stuff.
Edit: Some are gone most are there.

Still have faith.

Quota gonne don´t know why..

The community excells at this job and can help to atleast identify them so FDev is even able to fix them.

To avoid numerous threads popping up with "This is now broken!" or "That doesn't work anymore!" let's just put together all issues here that remain unfixed from a previous date and have been introduced by the september patch. Also reporting everything using the issue tracker is too much work considering the mass of bugs and issues ... that won't even get fixed the next patch, let alone getting any comments or ETAs.

Please report as many bugs as you find with a fitting description.
I'll try to keep this thread updated. Also please, if you report any bugs or issues be as accurate as possible, I will link your post in here.
Anything that is not linked is my personal experience.
Also, please be so kind and ping me when you report any bugs with the proper forum ping that you can copy pasta from the code excerp below. Also, please refrain from pinging me for anything else. This is just for this thread and the bug list.

Code:
[USER=61948]@Crimson Kaim[/USER]

September Update Issues:

• Bindings may have been wiped after this update
Notes to Bugs:
All stored modules that have been engineered seem to have lost their modifications. According to Paige this is a visual bug and there is a workaround.
There is an official known issues list posted by Frontier Developements.
As of 27.09.2019, there has been an official statement made by Frontier Developements informing the community regarding the second patch for the september update.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on the 10 October at 07:00 (UTC) to apply the September Update - Patch 3.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full Patch Notes below:

Cockpit UI
  • Fixed an issue that caused multiple modules to appear to change priorities instead of just the one that was selected
  • Fixed a small performance stutter when opening the modules tab
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a mission
  • Fixed the issue causing a softlock at mission boards (and removed the workaround missions)
Exploration
  • Fixed an issue where the system map was missing Commander names for First Discovered and First Mapped
General
  • (Xbox One only) Replaced 'Debug Test' text that appeared when giving a ship a name or ID on Xbox One with 'Enter Ship Name/ID'
  • Fixed missing Flak Launcher VFX
  • Fixed an issue that stopped some previously allowed characters from being able to be used in ship IDs
Network
  • Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
  • Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
    • Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected
Render
  • (Xbox One only) Fixed a screen tearing issue on Xbox One when in 4k Quality mode
Yay, screen tearing be gone!

thy for your work and on the upcommming stuff.

Still have faith. Quota gonne don´t know why..

The community excells at this job and can help to atleast identify them so FDev is even able to fix them.

To avoid numerous threads popping up with "This is now broken!" or "That doesn't work anymore!" let's just put together all issues here that remain unfixed from a previous date and have been introduced by the september patch. Also reporting everything using the issue tracker is too much work considering the mass of bugs and issues ... that won't even get fixed the next patch, let alone getting any comments or ETAs.

Please report as many bugs as you find with a fitting description.
I'll try to keep this thread updated. Also please, if you report any bugs or issues be as accurate as possible, I will link your post in here.
Anything that is not linked is my personal experience.
Also, please be so kind and ping me when you report any bugs with the proper forum ping that you can copy pasta from the code excerp below. Also, please refrain from pinging me for anything else. This is just for this thread and the bug list.

Code:
[USER=61948]@Crimson Kaim[/USER]

September Update Issues:

• Bindings may have been wiped after this update
Notes to Bugs:
All stored modules that have been engineered seem to have lost their modifications. According to Paige this is a visual bug and there is a workaround.
There is an official known issues list posted by Frontier Developements.
As of 27.09.2019, there has been an official statement made by Frontier Developements informing the community regarding the second patch for the september update.
On a quick skim quite a lot of those are fixed now, is the list being maintained?

Top Bottom