Patch Notes September Update - Patch 1

I cant even log into the game as of the last update which isn't good do to an ever increasing disinterest of this game....
I can log in and play just not behind my VPN. When I take the RV out I'm using Public 4G Wifi so a VPN is essential. In the options tab of the ED launcher select Validate Files and go for a walk for about 10 minutes. Then Reboot your system and try logging in again. The only time I have problems logging into the Frontier Servers is when I have a WinX update hanging. This has more to do with my Linux driven Hardware Firewall and NordVPN. Now the only way I can play anywhere is without the VPN either on my Laptop in the RV. In the house I can run behind my firewall and with NordVPN disabled

I can log in and play just not behind my VPN. When I take the RV out I'm using Public 4G Wifi so a VPN is essential. In the options tab of the ED launcher select Validate Files and go for a walk for about 10 minutes. Then Reboot your system and try logging in again. The only time I have problems logging into the Frontier Servers is when I have a WinX update hanging. This has more to do with my Linux driven Hardware Firewall and NordVPN. Now the only way I can play anywhere is without the VPN either on my Laptop in the RV. In the house I can run behind my firewall and with NordVPN disabled
I don't use a VPN, and it restarted after the update downloaded about 11 hours ago. It's refusing to log me in

I don't necessarily agree with all of your points but I think these are just the kind of questions I'd like to see some response to from FDev.

What is going on? Clearly there are problems, help us to understand, manage expectations please FDev.
Game is in.... MAINTENANCE MODE

Seemed appropriate to bring this obvious fact up. :cool:

No, I don't think this is a smart solution. The game is sold for PC, XBox and PS4 and it is a duty of FDev to support the three platforms in the same way.
We are PAYING customers and we have the FULL RIGHT to complain and REQUEST adequate support.

Indeed, IDENTICAL to that provided to PCs
If you take the example of macOS apparently you have no right to support at all.

It must be a constant irritation to Frontier to have customers.
Nobody wants to have such customers. If someone would be that upset with me because I raised an eyebrow, after he accused me of not doing something while I evidently did it, well... I am pretty sure that I would show him the door.
And all that because they basically gifted you a Thargoid bobblehead and increased their offer by another week or something. I really have no words for this, but I am pretty sure that it's the same people who are responsible for the sad state of the world. Their false entitlement and greed is the root of most evil and little examples like this show that they don't have a place in society.
So it's not like customers are a irritation, just unreasonable people.

Nobody wants to have such customers. If someone would be that upset with me because I raised an eyebrow, after he accused me of not doing something while I evidently did it, well... I am pretty sure that I would show him the door.
Oh come now, I suspect Frontier are a little more robust than that. I'm still disappointing the Post Offce customer who hoped I'd die of cancer because I had failed to meet his customer service satisfaction.

Another customer got upset because I wished him a 'Merry Christmas'. Mind you it was June, so he suspected, rightly, I was taking the Mick :)

Oh come now, I suspect Frontier are a little more robust than that. I'm still disappointing the Post Offce customer who hoped I'd die of cancer because I had failed to meet his customer service satisfaction.

Another customer got upset because I wished him a 'Merry Christmas'. Mind you it was June, so he suspected, rightly, I was taking the Mick :)
LOL
Well I don't know if we are in a position to expect Frontier to be more robust when people throw a tantrum about a (appropriately) raised eyebrow... ;)

LOL
Well I don't know if we are in a position to expect Frontier to be more robust when people throw a tantrum about a (appropriately) raised eyebrow... ;)
OK you have really annoyed me now - I never threw a tantrum, I merely said I didn't appreciate it's use. Post #371... "(So I don't appreciate the raised eyebrow then.) " Anything after that post is me responding to you and someone else's comments about me. There are apparently other posts which I cannot see but you are going well over the top about this as far as my remark was concerned.

Fact - the information was put out ON THE FORUM in a short post buried in page 41 of a series of wistful reminiscences by people entering a competition - (to me that is BURIED @Max Factor ) - the OP of that thread was edited by a moderator to show the new date but the thread title wasn't edited to highlight that information had changed. It isn't as if it would have destroyed a rain-forest to make a thread saying "offer extended" - after all that is what making a tweet does - a new thread - do we have to conserve forum space?

So "raising an eyebrow" is basically sarcastically saying "how did you miss that" and is rude.

Community managers should communicate effectively with the community - sticking something deep in a thread isn't "communicating effectively" - it is sloppy. Then basically insulting someone who hadn't delved deep enough to see their words is just totally uncalled-for.

I never made a fuss about this, just said I didn't appreciate the "emoji" - I repeat, all I said was "(So I don't appreciate the raised eyebrow then.)", subsequent muck-raking has not been at my instigation so the only tantrum I have had is at people having a go at me.

EDIT: see my post below, thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom