Notice September Update - Known Issues

Kown Issues is a typical think you have to udpate else it not worth anything !

New one 2 POI´s you former got like Barnecles, Bug KillER disapeard from nav

Um, if Braben was not involved the game would have ceased to be run years ago, if it ever got started at all. He's the main fan of Elite!
He doesn't seem interested any more would seem to be the point.
When was the last time he communicated with what's left of Elite fans.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Imo
He doesn't seem interested any more would seem to be the point.
When was the last time he communicated with what's left of Elite fans.
This makes me sad. I remember David excitedly describing the new neutron star cones, new features of Elite, the future of the game... and now?
It looks like no one cares about E:D that much except for the players themselves.

This makes me sad. I remember David excitedly describing the new neutron star cones, new features of Elite, the future of the game... and now?
It looks like no one cares about E:D that much except for the players themselves.
and yet, it is very significant that, in their own words, some kind of mythical "new era" has been under development for full production for 13-14 months. and they still can’t even show a short teaser or a few screenshots, or even just talk about what you can expect from it in theory.
and this, in principle, is logical, since they no longer need to engage in the development of the game or even connect for quality. they receive their income from sales of paints and ship kits in the frontierstore.
and so that they finally start working, we need to stop buying anything at the frontierstore at least until the fdev will bring the game to normal and tell the specifics about the "new era" if it exists at all. :)

Last edited:
I'm at SOTHIS - CEOS right now.
  • Selling Explorerdata to a station where the Federation is the leading fraction is not increasing the rank for the Federation !
  • I scanned every ship in the area, no data collected at all !
UPDATE:
Missions to Rank up something is wrong....many Datetransfer Missions turned in and give me only 3% ranking up !!!
Spent 1 Mio. Credits....ranked up 1%...

FD ... this is not funny anymore ...

Proposal:
Rename ELITE to SPACEBALLS...which is such funny as well !

Last edited:
Actually; watching the 'retrieving material list' message for an indefinite time at Ratchet Hub is the most fun playing Elite in the last year and a half or so.

I'm at SOTHIS - CEOS right now.
  • Selling Explorerdata to a station where the Federation is the leading fraction is not increasing the rank for the Federation !
  • I scanned every ship in the area, no data collected at all !
UPDATE:
Missions to Rank up something is wrong....many Datetransfer Missions turned in and give me only 3% ranking up !!!
Spent 1 Mio. Credits....ranked up 1%...

FD ... this is not funny anymore ...

Proposal:
Rename ELITE to SPACEBALLS...which is such funny as well !
iirc:
  • Selling data is increasing the status with the faction not with the power
  • data missions are ok at lower ranks. for higher ranks they are not that good - like 15 missions for 1-2%

Nothing aginst discussing bugs. Toxic and whiney nagging, that's what I was talking about.
people have a right to be angry.
and people also have the right to condemn and scold the fd for poorly performed work.
ultimately, the condescending attitude of the players to the fd and led to the fact that they are so lazy.
and as for you, please stop being so toxic. :)

Anyone else having issues with shared massacres?
We can't see each other, suddenly no targets for wing mate or myself.
Targets jumping over from one place to another, damage goes from 100% to 40% etc.

That's the spirit, man ;)

@Diagbar:

To be unable to show civilized manners is not based on a "right" but on compulsive behavior.
hmm, how would you tell, all these years there has been civilized communication, fd showed that they do not understand civilized behavior.
as I said (I recommend re-reading my message). in fact, the tacit “civilized” approval, among other things, led to the fact that fd were lazy.
in the end, if civilized communication does not work, there is nothing left but to say everything that you think directly.
that's what people do.
as I said, people have the right to be angry and express what they think, if you do not accept it, then, probably by condemning all these people, you are much more toxic than all of them combined.
I hope that the translator translated everything correctly.

That's the spirit, man ;)

@Diagbar:

To be unable to show civilized manners is not based on a "right" but on compulsive behavior.
and yes. people have the right to demand normal work from the fd, because people are concerned about the fd's actions and the future of the elite.
if you think not, then please spread it only to yourself.

So, when are we getting the next patch?
I was wondering the same thing.
I've not been able to normaly play the game since the initial update on Xbox.

I guess the mission boards will get a permanent fix first but I do hope they give the screen tearing some priority too.

I just want to get back in the saddle.

I just want to get back in the saddle.
I'm probably less effected by these bugs than some, but I don't have much motivation to play knowing that the current game IS buggy and broken and held together with server-hacking ducktape. Speaking of, I'm beginning to understand Frontier's obsession for ducktape in cockpits, LOL.

If there's a new patch coming out this week, I'd rather just wait for it than play Russian Roulette with the current patch.

Top Bottom