Road to Colonia and FSD injection

Seriously, don't waste your precious jumponium materials on this unless you are really in a hurry. But if you must, it's worth trying the level 1 to test the mechanism .You may also consider if you have enough for a return jump, lest you stray into the dark void from which no traveller returns without a return ticket or access to a fuel rat.
Actually I still do not understand how it works and for what purpose. Ok just single jump, but I read here for "reaching points that otherwise would be impossibile/hard to get". No idea ...

What do you mean with colonia highway?
I found that I can't set a route straight away from sirius so I plan to stop in Rohini.
Perhaps next time I need to get a Conda properly fit.
I am referring this this:

if you plan on using the neutron highway, here is a useful tool: Plotter

The first time I used it was to jump out 50,000 lys and then exploded myself to pop back... I did not explore on that trip.
You can use it to get to Colonia and back as well, including any points between.

Hop on a fleet carrier and save your jumponium... ;)

And if you take an "overnight express" you'll arrive about 15 hrs later, given that everything works well and there are no hiccups during flight...

Actually I still do not understand how it works and for what purpose. Ok just single jump, but I read here for "reaching points that otherwise would be impossibile/hard to get". No idea ...
On the right panel under synthesis there's an option to create FSD injections, if you've got the materials. That'll boost your jump range for the next jump. Because you have to plot that one manually it's not much of a timesaver, but if you're somewhere around the edge of the galaxy where there aren't many stars, if you'd have to go a long way round just to carry on where you're going, it might be enough to make a shortcut, or get to an otherwise unreachable system.

Op:
Be aware that when I used the neutron highway to go to Colonia so I could unlock and pin all the engineers, I used the travel time (after I got well away from the bubble) to earn my elite in exploration, and in that process, made multiple first discoveries and mappings (metal and water mostly). Using an FC is certainly quicker, but just letting you know the potential opportunities.

Last edited:
lv 1 assisted boost (Basic) will allow you to jump 25% extra range, Standard allows you to jump 50%, premium lets you jump anywhere within double your range. Neutron and White dwarfs will quadruple your range but WD's are ship killers and generally not worth the risk unless you are in a great hurry.
As you approach the core, star density increases, toward the rim the reverse is true. Out at the edges, that 25% makes a huge difference.

What do you mean with colonia highway?
I found that I can't set a route straight away from sirius so I plan to stop in Rohini.
Perhaps next time I need to get a Conda properly fit.
Because Colonia is further away than the maximum plotting range for the route plotter. The Colonia highway is a set of stations set up between Colonia and the bubble long ago to give pilots a place to rest and repair/restock.

The stations in blue are the original Colonia Highway, so Hillary Depot, Amundsen Terminal, Eagle's Landing, Eudaemon Anchorage (where you are heading), Sacagawea Spaceport and Gagarin Gate.

There are of course many more stations between Colonia and the bubble due to the amount of traffic between the two supporting extra bases.

What's this slider for then?
That slider lets you determine your current maximum range using Polonium boosting of different levels without actually synthesising Polonium, so if you aren't sure you can make it you can select the boost button and set the slider and see if you can make it to your desired destination, but it only works for the single jump you are planning!

If I am on the edge of the galaxy many systems will be out of range of my regular jump distance of around 65ly, with a Jumponiun boost I can reach any system within 130ly, but I have to make sure I have enough jumponium to get back or I will be stuck, unless some nice CMDR with a FC comes and gets me, or of course my own FC is close enough to reach me before running out of fuel. So used to be impossible to reach without Jumponium pre FC era.

Hi cmdrs,

First trip to Colonia, from Sirius, with my DBX.
Jump range 52-58 LY.
You can do much better than this with a DBX and a low engineering effort.
As far as I can see it is impossible to get the destination straight away (as a unique route) but you need to make some stop over (Rohini).
You can plot 10.000ly legs,selecting Fastest Route,meaning three plots to get there
I mean... 154 jumps Sirius-Rohini... it's a lot only for half a way...
If this scares you...you're probably playing the wrong game or should not bother with Exploration
Is there something that can make it quicker?
I tried injection too but I probably did not understand how it works : injected (2lv)->route > jump>nothing happend.
I expected at least one 75LY jump.
Make it quicker Using Neutron to boost your FSD (you have to take an AFMU to heal the damage after a while) or embark on a Taxi (FC)
FSD Injection is meant for other purposes,anyway level 1 adds 25% at your jump range,Level 2 50%,Level 3 100%,meaning the higher your normal jump range is,the bigger improvement with FSD Injection.

Top Bottom