In-Development Remlok Intelligent HUD for VR

I'm still here, keep plugging away CMDR......
Ok so I did a little test making a video and watson worked ok. I found however voice attack now uses windows latest speech engine (the one cortana uses) and it's loads better so given that watson speech to text has a limit on how much you can use it without paying for it I think I'm going to strip out watson speech to text and build a plugin for va instead.

I'm going to capture a run through using keypresses tonight so you can see where it's up to and maybe give me some thoughts on layout etc.

(Of course this is me saying I'll get a video up soooo....)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ilo
Ok so I did a little test making a video and watson worked ok. I found however voice attack now uses windows latest speech engine (the one cortana uses) and it's loads better so given that watson speech to text has a limit on how much you can use it without paying for it I think I'm going to strip out watson speech to text and build a plugin for va instead.

I'm going to capture a run through using keypresses tonight so you can see where it's up to and maybe give me some thoughts on layout etc.

(Of course this is me saying I'll get a video up soooo....)
Fix the git stuff so we can randomly jump in to help, and get that video up faster!!! :D

Hey I'm using pimax 4k through steamvr so not sure re oculus the only thing I can think is that ED is launching through oculus not steamvr can you access the steam menu when playing? Maybe check if ed is installed through steam or oculus if it's oculus this will probably be the problem
Thanks for the input,

I'm launching ED through SteamVR mode.

I checked some options for SteamVR and I'm unable to enable the SteamVR Dashboard on the Rift DK2, I think if the dashboard is blocked then probably OpenVR doesn't support overlaying on the DK2 but only Cinema Mode.
I guess it should work on the Rift CV1, I would like people to confirm if everything works correctly on the CV1 when you'll release a WIP.

Fix the git stuff so we can randomly jump in to help, and get that video up faster!!! :D
Ahh you make a good point well! I'll do that tonight then go back to saying I'll make a video

Thanks for the input,

I'm launching ED through SteamVR mode.

I checked some options for SteamVR and I'm unable to enable the SteamVR Dashboard on the Rift DK2, I think if the dashboard is blocked then probably OpenVR doesn't support overlaying on the DK2 but only Cinema Mode.
I guess it should work on the Rift CV1, I would like people to confirm if everything works correctly on the CV1 when you'll release a WIP.
I'm afraid I've not got an oculus and haven't used the oculus software so I'm not best placed to help

As expected it's not working for me on my Rift DK2, OVRLay is based on OpenVR so it gets overridden by the Oculus API. I hope someone can confirm if RemLock-HUD works fine on the Rift CV1.
It should work for sure on the HTC Vive.

Hey yes sorry ended up taking longer than I thought to map the keys to work without voice I also actually tried playing elite for a bit so that was fun. The github is just development there isn't a release up since even if yo got it working it would make no sense anyway!

So I'll make a slightly different video promos that I'll get one out this week (England game tomorrow night can't miss that!) Thanks for hanging around!

As expected it's not working for me on my Rift DK2, OVRLay is based on OpenVR so it gets overridden by the Oculus API. I hope someone can confirm if RemLock-HUD works fine on the Rift CV1.
It should work for sure on the HTC Vive.
Hey remlok is built on the openvr api so if you cant get ovrlay working it's unlikely this will work either I'm afraid

OK!!!!!

an actual video!!!!

so a couple of points first.

So as I mentioned I've stripped out Watson and despite my original post will be making a Voiceattack plugin (I mean they just do it better than I could). That means that I'm controlling the HUD by key presses which means switching between apps and anyone using VR knows that's not easy.

Second I don't have video editing software so I wanted to show a mission start to finish but I tried to land at a ground base where I was wanted and had to leave sharpish (big guns and all that). Also there's too much time in supercruise and it might get boring.

Last of all I recorded this using my steam controller I normally use my x52 so please don't judge my flying (it's terrible p.s. has nothing to do with my celebrations of the mighty England winning their opening game......).

finally if this was a game this would be pre pre alpha footage I just wanted to show you where I've gotten to as I said my coding knowledge basically consists of doing this so it's not perfect. The animations aren't great there's clipping on text boxes but it exists and I think it shows that stories in Elite could be generated better and that by exposing some information about the impact of missions it could be more immersive.

Ultimately it would be great to have support whether that's from coders getting involved or people just wanting something like this but to the guys still paying attention thanks!! and here is the video I promised like 3 weeks ago!

https://youtu.be/GvWTv1tvI-A

Looks very good!!! Thanks for the vid.

I'll get the repo and take a look to see how can I help, I don't promise anything!

Hey there not yet I've not had much time on this at all.

I'm going to insomnia game festival on the 25th and intend on spending a fair few hours on this sonwill hopefully have an update

Hey there this is a little bit on hold now a lot of what I was working on looks like it will be part of 3.3 so I'm a bit stuck on how to make it useful. If I could get a list of things that Would be useful I can pick this up again but when I started using it in game i just didn't find it useful above what the game already offers

Top Bottom