Release [RELEASE] Panels for iOS (Android Coming Soon) - Alternative to Roccat Power Grid

Unfortunately not. This app isn't hacking Elite Dangerous in any way; it's only sending key presses to the game the same way a keyboard would. That means you'd only have the ability to create buttons that map to keybindings that exist in game.

Having said that, I've had some users who decided to create a button that will look to the left in-game panel, go to the correct tab, and request docking. That works pretty well, but I do find it a little jarring. That's unfortunately the only way to automate that presently however.
I’ll try it. Where can I find/download that?

I’ll try it. Where can I find/download that?
It would actually depend on your specific keybindings. You'd basically just click the "Record" button to start recording key presses in the Panels Desktop application, and then record the keypresses you'd normally do to request docking. You might have to add some pauses between some keypresses (you can do that by finishing recording, and the manually adding the text

{PAUSE 300}

for a pause of 300 milliseconds.

Before I purchase this, I want to know, is there a setting to request docking? That’s one of my biggest gripes with the game currently. I have no way to set it to a keybind (that I have found).
I have a macro on my N52 keypad which selects the Contacts console, shifts right a tab (or two, I forget), selects first contact, select second option (Dock), and hits enter. That works 99% of the time, as long as I return to the first tab whenever I use that contacts console.

I have a macro on my N52 keypad which selects the Contacts console, shifts right a tab (or two, I forget), selects first contact, select second option (Dock), and hits enter. That works 99% of the time, as long as I return to the first tab whenever I use that contacts console.
Voiceattack and the HCS voicepacks to exactly that, but instead of stopping the recording once they select the docking request, they then "back" out and return the LEFT panel to its starting position. Unfortunately, if you personally leave the LEFT panel someplace other than Navigation, then its all messed up and doesn't work.

Hi,

there is Ishmair's VA profile to eliminate this 'reset to left' issue. It handles the selection of the tabs in a very smart way, you just have to say the name of the tab, and it selects it automatically, then resets to the first panel on the left on exit. You can use the voice commands, assign it to the keyboard or joystick buttons.

https://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=474.0

Best regards!

Thank you for your fine effort. I purchased the android version. Having some issues on three different devices.

I'll post over at the panels forum.

I am super excited to get this to work. Especially if you add support for more that one device.

Then I can repourpose my stack of old phones and tablets.

Panels - Custom UI Builder for iOS has been updated to resolve an issue where the panels weren't being displayed properly on iPhone X. A recent iOS update broke the app a bit for these users (which include me), but the update should make it work as expected again. Sorry for the inconvenience anyone may have experienced due to this!

Wow ... I fired up my Roccat again and they've really done a number on that program. I don't understand why they've dropped support for it. There's obviously a demand, and even if they weren't going to actively support it now, was it really necessary to wipe it from their website as if it never existed? Oh well ....

Kith000 ... You have done something wonderful here, and I truly feel that as long as you want to keep working on this program, then you should. It is great to have a program like this that IS actively supported and can fill the gap Roccat have left. You are not the only one doing this, so be aware you have some competition (someone's developing a similar program for that other Space Sim game), but don't let that get you down, let it inspire you to keep going and make it better!

Thank you for this program.

Last edited:
Wow ... I fired up my Roccat again and they've really done a number on that program. I don't understand why they've dropped support for it. There's obviously a demand, and even if they weren't going to actively support it now, was it really necessary to wipe it from their website as if it never existed? Oh well ....

Kith000 ... You have done something wonderful here, and I truly feel that as long as you want to keep working on this program, then you should. It is great to have a program like this that IS actively supported and can fill the gap Roccat have left. You are not the only one doing this, so be aware you have some competition (someone's developing a similar program for that other Space Sim game), but don't let that get you down, let it inspire you to keep going and make it better!

Thank you for this program.
No problem, thank you for the kind words and support. I'm actually working on the app right now, so I definitely do intend on supporting this going forward. I use it all the time for different games and programs, so I don't think I'm going to be letting this go any time soon. I'll be releasing an update soon that adds a pretty big piece of functionality to allow people to make much more complex and feature rich panels via the Panel Editor, and I'll definitely update this thread when that update comes out.

Thanks again!

Verion 1.2.0 of the Panels Desktop application has just been released. This adds a couple of nice things to the Panel Editor to make more in-depth and complex panels faster.

Context Menu

This one seems small, but if you've made any reasonably complex Panel via the Panel Editor, you'll know that having to select a button and go back and forth between the Actions Menu and the Panel Grid can be a pain. The Context Menu increases your workflow speed a ton, and is now the primary method for me to select actions for a panel (Duplicate, Delete, Resize).

Views

This is the big one. This update allows you to have multiple views in one Panel. In the example gif below, you can see that there is now a "Panel Views" list on the left hand side. This lists all the "Views" you've defined in your Panel. Each view can have its own button layout, images, look, etc. You're now also able to make any button "Redirect to a View". This means that, when this button is pressed on the tablet, you'll now see the "Redirected View". This feature will allow you to implement more complex workflows like "Tabs", "Folders", "Screens", etc.

I'm new around here and I've just stumbled over this - nice! I've recently started playing and right away felt the need to augment my HOTAS setup with an additional panel with some frequently used commands. To this end I've repurposed the Mrs' old Galaxy S4 mini (Android) and stuck it close to the throttle where I can reach it easily with my left hand.

After considering and even briefly installing Roccat, the lack of support became obvious right away, so more recently I've used Vectir (server on PC, client on phone) to define some remote control buttons. It works OK, but the panel design/bind software is manifestly capable of a lot more than the published tutorial for really basic functions shows, and I can't seem to find any info on how to use the more advanced features - such as sliders, multi-state toggles, event-driven states etc. It doesn't help that the UI is ... ehhh ... quirky, to put it mildly. In addition the panel design is separate from the bindings definition (which is a multi-step procedure too) and if you want to use custom buttons with any graphics in them, you have to use a separate SW to design them (I've used Paint), plus you're stuck with their size, plus adding text is possible but options are limited. But for now it works. (If there's any interest I can put up a pic of the layout).

So, I've been looking for an alternative, and might jump onto this Panels train if I need to do any major redesign...

Keep up the good work! [up]

I'm just now getting into ED, and was looking for something just like this, but the app store says it's not available in my country or region. Any ideas?

I'm just now getting into ED, and was looking for something just like this, but the app store says it's not available in my country or region. Any ideas?
I get the same thing from the iTunes App Store when following the link. I’m in the US, not sure why it would be restricted by region. I’ve also searched for the app by name but can’t find it.

Is this app abandoned/discontinued now? I've just followed the link and the Play store is 'We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server'

Well that was an interesting read only to find it's been abandoned. I already have something that does this using Touch Portal and some AHK scripts but I'd like to have tried this app.

Top Bottom