Raxxla?

The 'honked but not scanned' thing is an urban myth.
Well, you've been out of the loop a little while Murder Penguin. Apparently, as of late, three relatively well known, high profile members of the community have gone on record as having been in the room when Michael Brooks said it. What to make of it all, I don't know. But there has been some traction on it in the past few days.

My theory is based on 2. ... I think when that commander went through the system, Frontier suddenly realised people could find Raxxla accidentally before Frontier were ready for players to find it, and then locked the system (permit locked it). I know a system was permit locked after a commander went through, but I can't find which system that was (and I have asked the community).

I also don't think it's a planet, but an outpost or ruins or structure of some kind on a planet.
Since no one else (as far as we know) went through the system after it was locked, that would make it highly likely it is a permit the community hasn't figured out how to unlock yet. It is also a single system permit, not a body permit, or region permit. That actually narrows it done a lot, if true.

Well, you've been out of the loop a little while Murder Penguin. Apparently, as of late, three relatively well known, high profile members of the community have gone on record as having been in the room when Michael Brooks said it. What to make of it all, I don't know. But there has been some traction on it in the past few days.

Who?
Thrust from Bradford,
Bazmeson,
who is number three?? Zarek Null?

You know all those random--mostly useless--signal sources?

Raxxla is one of those.

Needle in a pile of useless haystack.

The 'honked but not scanned' thing is an urban myth.
You're free to believe it is a myth if you want, but not only do I think it was said at Lavecon, I think I was at the Lavecon when it was said ... but my memory is terrible and I can't remember everything that was said at the four Lavecons I have been at.

raxxla is almost certainly in a roid field around a star...of which most even within the bubble have probably not all been actually searched since you need to actually drop into each and nobody does that.

Given fdev's past fumbles at hiding anything that would trigger a system map entry, I dont think it's a stellar body at all. But rather a generic asset ship / station perhaps in a unique configuration (for a station). or perhaps a debris field. Since there are no raxxla specific client assets.

Fdev has let slip during a live stream when someone joked about looking for raxxla while in a roid field that they were on the right track. And it makes the most sense.

nope. It's just a carrot FDev dangles in front of players to keep them playing. Raxxla is a lie. People have gone code diving in the original games (some of which were rumored to contain Raxxla as well) as well as the current Elite client and there as nothing there either.

At best, it may just be another planet in a random system that was renamed. There is no gameplay or anything else associated with it.
Very well said.

I've edited the OP twice, and no one seems to have noticed, so I'm writing this in the hopes people do now notice the changes.

I've edited the OP twice, and no one seems to have noticed, so I'm writing this in the hopes people do now notice the changes.
finding manmade stuff (peoplemade stuff if you're one of THOSE people) can happen anywhere as it's random. You can find guarded caches and crashed satellites at Beagle Point. You can get attacked by a bounty hunter at Beagle Point if you have bounties and notoriety.

Top Bottom