Raxxla?

Saw a video by The Burr Pit talking about it briefly. Do we even know anything about it, other than we need to find it?

Edit:
My theory is based on 2. ... I think when that commander went through the system, Frontier suddenly realised people could find Raxxla accidentally before Frontier were ready for players to find it, and then locked the system (permit locked it). I know a system was permit locked after a commander went through, but I can't find which system that was (and I have asked the community).

I also don't think it's a planet, but an outpost or ruins or structure of some kind on a planet.
Since no one else (as far as we know) went through the system after it was locked, that would make it highly likely it is a permit the community hasn't figured out how to unlock yet. It is also a single system permit, not a body permit, or region permit. That actually narrows it done a lot, if true.
I'd also like to add, I did some digging, and two systems, Dryio Flyuae IC-B c1-377 and Scheau Bli NB-O d6-1409, stand out to me. They fit the above criteria, but also are thousands of light years from the bubble. If you found something man made that far out, alarm bells would start ringing. That is why I believe Raxxla, whatever it is, may be in one of these two systems.

I would like to therefore ask if people could investigate these two systems for me, and see if we can access them, to see what is inside.

Edit 2:
More digging. Both are a security permit, which apparently requires becoming friendly with a 'nearby' ruling faction. Dryio Flyuae IC-B c1-377, is about 2kly from Colonia, and about 700ly from the last stop on the Colonia highway (Kashyapa). It seems to me, if another station was added on the highway, near Dryio Flyuae IC-B c1-377 would be a good spot, allowing us to get our security permit.....

Last edited:
nope. It's just a carrot FDev dangles in front of players to keep them playing. Raxxla is a lie. People have gone code diving in the original games (some of which were rumored to contain Raxxla as well) as well as the current Elite client and there as nothing there either.

At best, it may just be another planet in a random system that was renamed. There is no gameplay or anything else associated with it.

nope. It's just a carrot FDev dangles in front of players to keep them playing. Raxxla is a lie. People have gone code diving in the original games (some of which were rumored to contain Raxxla as well) as well as the current Elite client and there as nothing there either.

At best, it may just be another planet in a random system that was renamed. There is no gameplay or anything else associated with it.
That is what they want you to believe. Sorry, have to shift frequency... brrrzt

Saw a video by The Burr Pit talking about it briefly. Do we even know anything about it, other than we need to find it?
It's easiest, cheapest to produce content. Spread lore rumours, but don't develop anything. People will spend their precious time trying to find out where it is. After years place some memorial slap on a never visited planet, disclose and "prove" to the remaining 5 HC explorers that it was always in the game.

It's easiest, cheapest to produce content. Spread lore rumours, but don't develop anything. People will spend their precious time trying to find out where it is. After years place some memorial slap on a never visited planet, disclose and "prove" to the remaining 5 HC explorers that it was always in the game.
That's exactly what SOE did with Star Wars Galaxies. They claimed there was a secret way to become a Jedi and people spent so much time trying to figure it out, and then it eventually came out that there was no way to become a Jedi and it was all a lie. Then they tacked on a Jedi class that required becoming a master in all professions, then they took away most of the professions, it was a %#$-show.

But has FD ever actually claimed that Raxxla was in the game, or is it all just player rumors?

But has FD ever actually claimed that Raxxla was in the game, or is it all just player rumors?
We have two pieces of evidence ...
1. Both David Braben and Michael Brookes have stated it is in the game and they know where it is.
2. Michael or Sandro have stated that a player has been in the system where Raxxla is, honked (this was before the current scanning method) and moved on. It must be stressed, that this piece of evidence cannot seem to be verified.

My theory is based on 2. ... I think when that commander went through the system, Frontier suddenly realised people could find Raxxla accidentally before Frontier were ready for players to find it, and then locked the system (permit locked it). I know a system was permit locked after a commander went through, but I can't find which system that was (and I have asked the community).

I also don't think it's a planet, but an outpost or ruins or structure of some kind on a planet.

We have two pieces of evidence ...
1. Both David Braben and Michael Brookes have stated it is in the game and they know where it is.
2. Michael or Sandro have stated that a player has been in the system where Raxxla is, honked (this was before the current scanning method) and moved on. It must be stressed, that this piece of evidence cannot seem to be verified.

The 'honked but not scanned' thing is an urban myth.

I think when that commander went through the system, Frontier suddenly realised people could find Raxxla accidentally before Frontier were ready for players to find it, and then locked the system (permit locked it). I know a system was permit locked after a commander went through, but I can't find which system that was (and I have asked the community).
Oh, that would be just devious...:devilish:

That is another source of endless rumors and discussions about who might have said what and when. Don't go there. Just... don't.
Check this interview fragment with Michael Brookes:

Just bear in mind they never said what it is. So it might be a state of mind ... or anything :LOL:

Last edited:
Top Bottom