Rackham's Peak : Silent NERF ?

here, for the effect of the state "public holiday" on the wine, i see :
demand quantity = 156.47
demand price = 8.21
does this mean that the price is multiplied by 8.21 when (and only when) the demand is at least 156.47 times the quantity in my cargo ?
(or is there other parameters to consider ?)

Last edited:
here, for the effect of the state "public holiday" on the wine, i see :
demand quantity = 156.47
demand price = 8.21
does this mean that the price is multiplied by 8.21 when (and only when) the demand is at least 156.47 times the quantity in my cargo ?
(or is there other parameters to consider ?)
The price is multiplied by 8.21 regardless of the amount in your cargo [1].

The demand is multiplied by 156.47 compared with the tonnage it would be without a public holiday.

Here's an example - you can see both the price and demand rise substantially as the public holiday starts, and drop again as it ends.

[1] And then after that bulk tax gets applied. But with Rackham's being an outpost and the demand being multiplied up so much, there won't be anything noticeable of that in this case!

ok, both the demand and the price are multiplied

in searching for another place to sell my wine, i found another faction in Public Holiday, in a Tourism economy (like the place i was selling HIP 58832)
Barreiros Ring | Kikapu
atm, the demand is 1974 if i'm correct
so, in 1 or 2 days, the demand will fall to 13 and the price will be 104?

and why the big difference with HIP 58832 (the population ?)
EDIT : the population or the combinaison of economy state + security state + event state ?

Last edited:
ok, both the demand and the price are multiplied

in searching for another place to sell my wine, i found another faction in Public Holiday, in a Tourism economy (like the place i was selling HIP 58832)
Barreiros Ring | Kikapu
atm, the demand is 1974 if i'm correct
so, in 1 or 2 days, the demand will fall to 13 and the price will be 104?
Check the "Market Update" date - the state update is from today, but the market data hasn't been updated since 10 January (as I write this).

So 1974t / 855cr is probably a reasonable approximation of the normal non-Public Holiday demand, and it's likely really around 7000cr price (and ridiculously high demand) right now.

and why the big difference with HIP 58832 (the population ?)
Rackham's Peak because of its unique location has been given a baseline price for Wine (and a few other goods) significantly higher than the normal prices, so its normal price for Wine is considerably higher than most system's Public Holiday price. You won't get a better price for the Wine anywhere else (except maybe if there's a Wine-collecting CG at the same time as a Public Holiday state, but you can't plan for that)

Population only has extremely indirect effects on prices.

Population affects the demand mostly, which in turn affects the volatility of the price (that is, high population = greater volume of demand = less impact of large sales/bulk sales tax) mostly, right?
Yes - and of course that only matters for the few goods which are heavily traded enough to get off the cap even in a small system.

Higher population also makes it harder to obtain most BGS states, which is perhaps the more significant effect?

Top Bottom