Questions for experienced Salvagers.

I hope this thread can in some small way be a place to share and discuss the fineries of salvage in the game.

Specifically, I’m interested in salvaging those rare and mysterious commodities such as,

time capsules,
Earth relics,
AI relics,
space pioneer relics,
SAP8Core,
gene bank,
fossil remnants,
antique jewellery,
anti matter containment units,
trinkets of hidden fortune,

any thoughts, leads or online sources of information about each if these items would be most welcome.

Perhaps in return, I can offer but one gameplay offering for you, a friend and I used to farm those rather rare and lucrative Antiquities from a convoy beacon in the permitted Isinor system, the beacon is still there (2020). It contains two war ready anacondas and a t9, my job was to distract the ‘Condas while my pal dug into the T9.

Some of the best fun I’ve had in the game ever.

Any other little precious gems like this out there CMDRs?

Strangepork.
trinkets of hidden fortune are valuable now? They are often found when pirating NPCs. However, unless something’s changed they are only worth about 4000cr.

No, not very valuable indeed I pirated loads. They are common cargo. Tho lore ties them to the darkwheel. It was a trigger for certain missions (so I read)

I went close to the the coordinates and then used the navigation menu. I was 114km out.
Algol was great to revisit. I spend a lot of time in the metallic ring there.

In the POI surrounding MH I also found the following:

• wreckage components
  • Geological sample

Working on the molluscs atm

These are NPC cargo: Antique jewellery, antiquities,

Last edited:
The highest concentration of rare Salvage I can recall were Pirate NPCs losing Cargo at Compromised NAV Beacons.

If it doesn't matter if everything is marked stolen, that's worth a shot. Pirate the Pirates...
Hey FalconF, I tried this, very little dropped in an hour, a few Explosives, two Gallite, I got a whole lot of Matts - am I missing something?

Hey FalconF, I tried this, very little dropped in an hour, a few Explosives, two Gallite, I got a whole lot of Matts - am I missing something?
Hmmm... maybe not, my experience with that is quite old. Maybe the Pirate loot there simply changed and I wouldn't have noticed.
I guess it's simply not the case anymore with these.

Just go to a big station in an Anarcy system and plunder noc pilots when exitting/entering the mailslot.
Beware not to hatchbreak npcs of the ruling faction as the station will try to kill you. The rest is free game.
Man, I found myself an Agri-Anarchy in Emp. space, harvesting myself LTDs at the toast-rack of the main station here is so much fun thanks again for the most excellent tip, brilliant!

Last edited:
Hey all! Here for the same reason. I’d like to add Anomaly Particles as a commodity I personal don’t know how to obtain.

im gonna keep searching for the few we havnt discovered full proof of their obtainability and report back if I find anything. o7

Thanks man, any pointers are really helpful, there is so little information out there on this subject.
There's so little information because there's so little point to pursuing these hard- to- gets because the only thing you can do with them is sell them for credits.... and when your equation only involves credits, well, you know where I'm going with this.

There needs to be more activities hooked off these items.

Hey all! Here for the same reason. I’d like to add Anomaly Particles as a commodity I personal don’t know how to obtain.

im gonna keep searching for the few we havnt discovered full proof of their obtainability and report back if I find anything. o7

No joy yet... short version is you'd probably get them from using a research limpet on an anomaly... but which specific one is not known... I've tried many already, as well as a variety of other things.

There are some leads that the Q09 anomaly in the inner orion spur can de researched.

I have gotten half of the Mollusc sampled. About 5kly out. I will not bother with the pod samples (yet)

Last edited:
There's so little information because there's so little point to pursuing these hard- to- gets because the only thing you can do with them is sell them for credits.... and when your equation only involves credits, well, you know where I'm going with this.

There needs to be more activities hooked off these items.
Salvage can be great fun, you know like getting that full set of footie cards...

If you include piracy/salvage - the joy of harvesting LTD at the toast rack of an Anarchy agriculture main station, cannot be overstated, (PS don't hatchbreak the major faction there).

Top Bottom