Query: Is it possible to do Thargoid encounters in a wing now?

I'm having a really hard time. Every time I try to showcase Thargoid fights to my friends in a wing, the hearts go invulnerable and can't be damaged (using Gauss Cannons, for reference).

Is there a work around for this? Do we know what causes it?

I'm having a really hard time. Every time I try to showcase Thargoid fights to my friends in a wing, the hearts go invulnerable and can't be damaged (using Gauss Cannons, for reference).

Is there a work around for this? Do we know what causes it?
Sometimes have a player leave the instance makes it vulnerable again. Not always. real pain in the keester.

Ok so what actually happens is not that the heart goes invulnerable, but the wrong heart gets displayed as exerted.
This is caused by connection issues. There's no guaranteed way to prevent it but stuff like port forwarding can help.

One workaround i know (that is not easy to do and i only know for sure it works on PS tbh) is for the CMDR who will be first to drop into the signal to be nav locked directly by all other CMDRs in the wing.
This will show as a blue or red box around the "leading" CMDRs name at the top of the screen for the other pilots.

Now the tricky part, if ALL other CMDRs following are close enough to the "lead" that the boxs turns blue at the top of the screen when the "lead" drops into the NHSS, there will be no heart bug.

In practice it is very difficult to achieve with a full wing but it can be done. With two in a wing it is much "easier" but still can be very annoying. The faster your speed the longer range you have to gain the "blue box", so zooming past at relative ludicrous speed like Spaceball 1 happens a lot!

If one or more pilot(s) has a red box at the point of drop then the heart bug could occur as normal.
It takes some practice, i would recommend starting with just two CMDRs and work from there👍

I would be quite interested to know if it works on Xbone/PC tbh if anyone trys it out🙂

o7

Top Bottom