Pre-Order Launcher Issue Update

Let me get that.

I received confirmation by email shortly after ordering, if it's still in your basket it doesn't look like your order has gone through. Once confirmed I went back to the Frontier store page and checked.

The Frontier store page now shows me as having paid for Odyssey, there are 3 Odyssey links on the "downloadable content" page with download links, two don't work of course because they are content that doesn't require download, the third will download the "Elite Launcher" executable, but it appears to be the same one I already have, if I download and run it the Odyssey link doesn't appear in the launcher, so I think what they have done is remove the launcher with Odyssey on until they fix the problem, once it's done downloading the "Elite Launcher" executable should then give me the download and the link in the launcher.

So it's paid for by me, but still not available, I will wait for an updated notification on the forums.
When you say updated notification you mean outdated information. Its a pre-order. Ofcourse its not available yet, if it was, it would not be a pre-order, it would be a regular purchase. The difference is obvios 😊

When you say updated notification you mean outdated information. Its a pre-order. Ofcourse its not available yet, if it was, it would not be a pre-order, it would be a regular purchase. The difference is obvios 😊

Sigh, the pre-order when it first came out allowed a download of 5+gb of data and an updated launcher that included the Odyssey Alpha option as a selection, this original download had issues though and most players couldn't get in to the original game once they had the new launcher, so this download has apparabtly been disabled by FDEV, I am waiting for this to be fixed and notified on the forum.

Sigh, the pre-order when it first came out allowed a download of 5+gb of data and an updated launcher that included the Odyssey Alpha option as a selection, this original download had issues though and most players couldn't get in to the original game once they had the new launcher, so this download has apparabtly been disabled by FDEV, I am waiting for this to be fixed and notified on the forum.
There was no official announcement from devs that alpha is live soooo... why everybody assumed that it is?

Edit: i now we got some files downloaded, but probably just a pre-load. Other games do it as well (world of tanks). They let you download the filas before patches go live.

Last edited:
Is it possible to preorder Odyssey without using Steam? I'm using the PC version of ED, and running it with the standard PC launcher with no Steam. I'd rather avoid Steam if at all possible...

I bought the Pre-Alpha edition yesterday on Steam. And today even my DLC is listed and marked to install it won't start downloading. It doesn't even show in the Downloads page. Have you managed to download it through steam?

Well i tried to buy the Alpha Deluxe Pre Order Yesterday via the Frontier store as its the version i use.. went through all the motions of purchasing it .. and for 24hrs its just sat on "My Orders" page as PENDING... no confirmation email receipt no money taken from my account to wich there is money there so its not a bank issue)... Nadda.. So i put in a support ticket to frontier and not heard anything from them alas.. very frustrating

My Frontier Store purchase is still listed as Pending, over 12 hours later. Is that normal?
It's the weekend. They may have technical problems ?

As long as the money is not debited from your account ...

In any case your order is taken into account otherwise they would not talk about it.

Shut up relief réduit.jpg

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Well i tried to buy the Alpha Deluxe Pre Order Yesterday via the Frontier store as its the version i use.. went through all the motions of purchasing it .. and for 24hrs its just sat on "My Orders" page as PENDING... no confirmation email receipt no money taken from my account to wich there is money there so its not a bank issue)... Nadda.. So i put in a support ticket to frontier and not heard anything from them alas.. very frustrating
Well, my money has been certainly taken by Steam, but so far no way to download de DLC. I assume they have withdrawn it due to the technical problem, but there's no communication about it from them.

Yeah, communication is important...
Its been 3 days since my wife bought this deluxe alpha pack for me, and now shes asking me if she should be asking for a refund.
I told her no, of course...

Well, my money has been certainly taken by Steam, but so far no way to download de DLC. I assume they have withdrawn it due to the technical problem, but there's no communication about it from them.
Yeah, communication is important...
Its been 3 days since my wife bought this deluxe alpha pack for me, and now shes asking me if she should be asking for a refund.
I told her no, of course...
Well as it is a pre-order I reckon it is a bit like a reserved ticket for a train or an advanced ticket for a movie which doesn't actually do anything until the movie arrives then you get to skip the queue and if you got the deluxe version get to go to a special screening.

I suspect that the download from steam causing all the trouble wasn't supposed to happen until the Alpha is ready to launch.

I think that should be the case. But it's still a PR problem. If that's the situation and the Alpha update wasn't supposed to be available the first day, they should explain it. Right now there are some players that received an update the night they bought the Alpha DLC and some that didn't because we didn't connect on our PCs until the next day.

Sadly, my order still appears to be pending, after 2 full days....& I don't know if there is a way I can cancel it from my end, so that I can try ordering it "properly".

Although the DLC page of my account seems to be telling me that I've already got it available for Download. This is really odd. Can anyone look at this & see if they can explain what might be going on?

Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.14 - 22.09.24.11 (2).png

Although the DLC page of my account seems to be telling me that I've already got it available for Download. This is really odd. Can anyone look at this & see if they can explain what might be going on?

View attachment 199755

I do see two sets of files there, mine only has one set of three files, the OST, the Alpha and the Odyssey, it looks like something went wrong, I notice two sets of order numbers so it looks like you have ordered it twice somehow.

Top Bottom