Possable Aquatic dlc 2 aniamls?

hey all i've been loven our new Aquiatic update.. and still working on my Yellowstone inspired build.. build a beutiful Beaver lake with dams and a hut.. but when showing my work ours on our discord amited they wish Beavers were in game.. and after a quick think of some of my favearetes for a possable Aquatic dlc 2.. they are as follows... "1 Beavers.. "2 Manaties... "3 Walrues... and "4 Possably the Platapus for the small exibit animal? others also agreed the Pink river dolphin.. but that might be a little two aquatic.. though would fit the endangerd breeding ideals of the game.. much like Beavers are here in my home country of wales and the uk.. being once extint its become a big deal to bring them back.. last year the first welsh beaver family arrive and have already settled in.. i'm feeling good on the furture of a second aquatic update next year.. so what animal sugestions or Flora and accesseys would you like to see added? examples such as Sea Boy toys, and Lobster pots.. and maybe Kelp Weed.. sunken trees and gnawed logs are a few of mine.. whats yours?

hey all i've been loven our new Aquiatic update.. and still working on my Yellowstone inspired build.. build a beutiful Beaver lake with dams and a hut.. but when showing my work ours on our discord amited they wish Beavers were in game.. and after a quick think of some of my favearetes for a possable Aquatic dlc 2.. they are as follows... "1 Beavers.. "2 Manaties... "3 Walrues... and "4 Possably the Platapus for the small exibit animal? others also agreed the Pink river dolphin.. but that might be a little two aquatic.. though would fit the endangerd breeding ideals of the game.. much like Beavers are here in my home country of wales and the uk.. being once extint its become a big deal to bring them back.. last year the first welsh beaver family arrive and have already settled in.. i'm feeling good on the furture of a second aquatic update next year.. so what animal sugestions or Flora and accesseys would you like to see added? examples such as Sea Boy toys, and Lobster pots.. and maybe Kelp Weed.. sunken trees and gnawed logs are a few of mine.. whats yours?
Were there pink river dolphin in captivities? If not, it shouldn't be in that game either.

I would love to see the following:

• Green Sea Turtle
  • California Sea Lion
  • Manatee
  • Beaver

And for the exhibit an octopus or a jellyfish maybe

I'm going to guess another seal/similar animal, otter and penguin: the Sea Lion, African Cape or Rockhopper Penguin, and Asian Small Clawed Otter.

The extra animal I will say will be either a beaver, or platypus. I would say the capybara but while they are semi aquatic, not as much as what was in the first pack. I think they would come in a terrestrial based pack, if at all (and I hope they do!)

Maybe the alligator snapping turtle for the exhibit?

I would love to see the following:

• Green Sea Turtle
  • California Sea Lion
  • Manatee
  • Beaver

And for the exhibit an octopus or a jellyfish maybe
Even though I agreed with those, I doubt those will be accepted to be in that game. And wait. Were there captivities with sea turtles and places for them to lay and bury their eggs? Answer me if/when you saw/red this.

Were there pink river dolphin in captivities? If not, it shouldn't be in that game either.

The last Boto outside South America died on the 21.12.2020 in Duisburg, Germany. It was the last Boto of a group of 5 that came to Duisburg in 1975

According to zoochat, it seems, that there is only one Boto in captivity in an Zoo in Peru left. There was a breeding group in a Zoo in Venezuela that died a couple of years ago.

There were more than 70 river dolphins imported to US Zoos in the 60s and 70s. The last one died in the early 2000s.

All in all, the husbandry of Botos was a disaster. A few of them survived for a long time (usually after their group died), but most of them died after a few months in captivity. A lot of the dolphins died because of rather easily avoidable mistakes like to big group sizes (which resulted in stress and even the dead of some smaller group members in fights), the import of already sick, injured or old animals (which died rather quickly) and inadequate habitats (eg many Botos didn't have a shallow part to sleep on)

It really is a shame how this fascinating and unique animal was treated by us humans

Last edited:
The last Boto outside South America died on the 21.12.2020 in Duisburg, Germany. It was the last Boto of a group of 5 that came to Duisburg in 1975

According to zoochat, it seems, that there is only one Boto in captivity in an Zoo in Peru left. There was a breeding group in a Zoo in Venezuela that died a couple of years ago.

There were more than 70 river dolphins imported to US Zoos in the 60s and 70s. The last one died in the early 2000s.

All in all, the husbandry of Botos was a disaster. A few of them survived for a long time (usually after their group died), but most of them died after a few months in captivity. A lot of the dolphins died because of rather easily avoidable mistakes like to big group sizes (which resulted in stress and even the dead of some smaller group members in fights), the import of already sick, injured or old animals (which died rather quickly) and inadequate habitats (eg many Botos didn't have a shallow part to sleep on)

It really is a shame how this fascinating and unique animal was treated by us humans
If there were or there will be no more bots in captivities nowadays for reasons or better good, will it be best to count it out?

well this discustions going nicly, so what other aqua plants and decor would people like to see added? my list is , kelp, mussel beds, shore moss rocks, ediable seaweed.. along with duckweed, and freshwater rice.. for lakes.. and ocean waves for specal effects with small tidal and smash apon rock varyants.. would also love to sea a seafood stall added for the shops.. oh and sunken anchor, and sea boy interactive. floating decor.. shore pebblestone terrain, and gnawed sawdust ground effect for beavers or possable logging settings and decor along with a mudd terrain type for those lake and pond bottoms.. ooh and unable to reseit.. but ducks for inzoo park ponds.. and some lake veiw habitats ."ie mallards and the like"..

Last edited:
My choices of aquatic animals are:
Mississpi alligator
Nile crocodile
Black caiman
Sea cobra
California sea lion
Humbold penguin

The last two on this list are so essential for me, you can't imagine... In an ideal world, add the harbour seal and the walrus and you got my list. So:

California Sea lion
Humboldt Penguin
Walrus
Harbour seal

Yes, beavers would be awesome as well. But at this point, I don't think "we heard your feedback" will ever result in more substantial, bigger dlcs, so if we even get another aquatic pack, it will be again limited to four animals. And though the Humboldth penguin is high requested, I lost hope in getting them from an official side.

I would argue South America, Australia and Aquatic deserve to get more attention and second dlcs

Platypus
Asian small clawed Otter
Cape Penguin
Cape Fur Seal
American Alligator
Manatee

When i herd otters were comming i jumped for joy , as i hoped to furfill finishing my Sheland inspired Coast for my otters to play.. but sadly they gave us the Amazon river otter, which is awsome aswell, but not what i was hoping for when it came to adding otters... second on my otter list would be the ever cute Sea otter, with clam beds feed beds for it to interact.. and otter cool Northen coastal terretroy extras.. and folaiage, like floating weedbeds for our animals to rest in, even the seals would like those..

Attachments

• a09ea5ef92720b25bdd305b7dd13adc8.jpg
    a09ea5ef92720b25bdd305b7dd13adc8.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 20
  • a26826f4fab9d52ea0cb951c334c8806.jpg
    a26826f4fab9d52ea0cb951c334c8806.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 19
Animals:
  1. California Sea Lion
  2. American Beaver
  3. Platypus
  4. Gentoo Penguin
  5. Alligator Snapping Turtle (may require a two square grid exhibit)
Bonus 6: American Alligator

Don't understand why everyone keeps putting Alligator Snapping Turtle into the exhibit section... they're as big as beavers and no more lazy (beavers are nocturnal and typically sleep during normal zoo hours)...

Don't understand why everyone keeps putting Alligator Snapping Turtle into the exhibit section... they're as big as beavers and no more lazy (beavers are nocturnal and typically sleep during normal zoo hours)...
You don't exactly see them in habitats in zoos, roaming around they usually are either resting or swimming around their exhibits

You don't exactly see them in habitats in zoos, roaming around they usually are either resting or swimming around their exhibits
Pretty sure its the same for beavers and crocodiles... may as well chuck Koalas and Sloths in there too, since they're pretty small and lazy too... the point is, we already have relatively small and lazy animals in habitats, and many more in demand, and with the largest coming in at around a meter in length and 250lbs an Alligator Snapping Turtle isn't the smallest... or the laziest...

Last edited:
Top Bottom