PDotC LTD Horders...

During the Steam Sale, I have been mentoring about a half dozen new players. The basic gameplay, and especially the flying is what engages them the most.

Only this week, after more than five years, and six thousand hours, did I buy an Anaconda.

I'm doing it wrong. :)

I've never made so much before.. for the past 2 years or so, it's always top at around 1.8 - 2 billion. But merely aiming (unsure yet) for a FC, since two weeks ago, till this morning, I topped up 3 billion, totaling at 5b now.

Do I like it ? I almost dozed off every time after 10 to 15 mins mining. Letting the game run, idle till I collected about 300+ tons in about 4 to 5 hours - lot's of idling time in between doing other non game stuff. However, towards the goal, I almost mined 3 hours plus straight.

Btw, I've never successfully mind LTD.. Pianite is my usual stuff, easy to reach system.

How easy is it to mine LTD vs Pianite ? vs trading price ? I traded at my highest Pianite at 10,000,000 per ton this morning.

Edit : correction, 1 million per ton.

Last edited:
lol... as a combat only player sitting on 250 million total assets after 1000 or so hours, this is just so lame. This game is just a glorified Eurotrucking sim, there's literally nothing dangerous about it.
Elite always was a trading game.
And in ED combat is only a third part - the less important part of the entire game since one can get a successful career in both Exploration or Trading without firing a shot.

Last edited:
Just completed my haul of around 23.3kton of LTDs. My carrier cargo hold seems so empty now. Just a bit of tritium lying around and collecting dust. Did it in several sittings, last sitting of around 5k took just below the hour thanks to good carrier parking.

I have upkeep for seven years runtime. I'm done mining for money, for now. I'm out in the black with a hold full of tritium, enjoying the vastness of space (instead of the crowdedness of meta-systems). Of course it is tempting to keep on filling the bank account, but you must ask yourself: what for? There's nothing more you can spend that money on.

That's what people were saying before Carrier's prices were announced.
Planetary bases anyone? Panther Clippers? Bigger Carriers?

:D
If they ever get announced, there will be plenty of time left to grind. That's what I did when FC's were announced. But I get everyone blazes his own trail, and being a trillionnair is just as much a valid goal as any other goal. Have fun everyone!

Diamonds are compressed carbon, right?

Carbon is a mat, right?

Mat's have limits on them. Imagine what a Killer DM could do...

During the Steam Sale, I have been mentoring about a half dozen new players. The basic gameplay, and especially the flying is what engages them the most.

Only this week, after more than five years, and six thousand hours, did I buy an Anaconda.

I'm doing it wrong. :)
I still have never owned or flown an Anaconda, from Feb 2015. Now I have a FC, and have no need for a "jumpaconda" to go exploring, i most likely never will need one. I can repurpose my Vette anytime for short range xtra large ship duties.

If they ever get announced, there will be plenty of time left to grind. That's what I did when FC's were announced. But I get everyone blazes his own trail, and being a trillionnair is just as much a valid goal as any other goal. Have fun everyone!
Yep. I have 3 billion left to get via not mining, had enough of that in May and June before FC. Then i'm done until something else big is announced in the next 10 years. that's how long my FC will be funded for.

Personally, this is the opposite of a grind. I'm not mining, I'm doing what I want while my carrier is stocked with LTDs by miners. Some carrier owners avoid the trucking thing on sell day by parking next to the sell station with a sell order 100k below whatever the station is buying it for. Win/Win for everyone 🍻

Top Bottom