PDotC LTD Horders...

Congrats to you all for your "achievements"...
Its such actions that encourage companies to make games grindier day by day. Even otherwise wonderful games such as Elite.
You have just proven to FDev that they were right on charging astronomical figures for purchasing and upkeep of game assets. With that unreasonable wealth amassed in such little time, we can now expect the next big thing to be even more obscene.
The profit generated over the last months solely by mining is multiple times larger that the total wealth generated in game since its beginning, over five years ago. The next money sink FDev will need to implement in game to put up with your wealth will be simply unbearable to all other players who don't like mining.
I have nothing personal with any of you and I am really sorry that I speak my mind publicly. I also understand that you have the right to play as you see fit and get advantage of all game mechanics available. But, come on, we all know that hoarding more that you'll ever need is detrimental to every aspect of life. Not just in games. Please show a little restrain for the sake of us all, or this game may turn into a Korean style grind fest in no time.
Thanks and sorry.

@Denneb the payouts for everything are ridiculously generous compared to how the game was originally. Mining just happens to be the most ridiculous at the moment. Tell me a game activity you enjoy and I'll tell you how to make more credits doing that exact activity than in practice you'll ever need.
Thanks for the offer, but making money for my needs is not my issue. Im an old player, triple elite, king, admiral and so on. My whole point is that too much grinding is bad for games and players.

Managed to move 13K tons today. My personal account is now almost exactly where it was pre FC purchase plus the carrier has 10B in it's bank. I parked it back near New Borann and set it to buy LTD at 1.1M a ton with 7000 demand. I'll just ignore it for a week or two and see if it fills up.

lol... as a combat only player sitting on 250 million total assets after 1000 or so hours, this is just so lame. This game is just a glorified Eurotrucking sim, there's literally nothing dangerous about it.

Congrats to you all for your "achievements"...
Its such actions that encourage companies to make games grindier day by day. Even otherwise wonderful games such as Elite.
You have just proven to FDev that they were right on charging astronomical figures for purchasing and upkeep of game assets. With that unreasonable wealth amassed in such little time, we can now expect the next big thing to be even more obscene.
The profit generated over the last months solely by mining is multiple times larger that the total wealth generated in game since its beginning, over five years ago. The next money sink FDev will need to implement in game to put up with your wealth will be simply unbearable to all other players who don't like mining.
I have nothing personal with any of you and I am really sorry that I speak my mind publicly. I also understand that you have the right to play as you see fit and get advantage of all game mechanics available. But, come on, we all know that hoarding more that you'll ever need is detrimental to every aspect of life. Not just in games. Please show a little restrain for the sake of us all, or this game may turn into a Korean style grind fest in no time.
Thanks and sorry.
Building wealth bad now?

Grinding isn't required. Too much of anything is too much, and by default it's bad. Some people like to play a certain way, and it's only grinding if you feel you need to play that way in order to enjoy the parts of the game you otherwise cannot. You don't need to mine anything though. Many of us here enjoyed every aspect of the game without mining a thing, ever, and only got into mining as a new gold rush urge. Even if you had 1 trillion trillion credits, you'd not have a better anything in the game than anyone with a few billion.
lol... as a combat only player sitting on 250 million total assets after 1000 or so hours, this is just so lame. This game is just a glorified Eurotrucking sim, there's literally nothing dangerous about it.
Do you play for the money? If not, how does it cheapen your experience to know that someone who probably doesn't even instance with you has exponentially more credits but perhaps no more fun than you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom