Operation *Insert Cool Name Here*

So, with Fleet Carriers on the horizon, and what is known about them, plus what is known about Explorer's Anchorage near Sag A, an idea formed in my head:

See, EA, as I'm going to call it, has most of the facilities required to make a living from, but no Shipyard, meaning you can't live there with your whole fleet, or build any ships to use out there. While on the other end, FC's can have a Shipyard (and fully stocked Outfitting), but have no real way to make a living, without a generous owner. However, if you combine the two, you have, essentially, a player colony, that can live out there, indefinitely.

This is where you all come in. We need:
  • 1 FC, with full Shipyard, full Outfitting, and full Advanced Maintenance.
  • Colonists to take advantage of such facilities.

Then, the FC flies to Explorer's Anchorage, Colonists in tow, and we now have our Player Colony.

I'd bring my own FC, but I hate mining, so don't have the capital needed. I am, however, more than happy to be a Colonist, to be a Guinea Pig for the great experiment, and prove it works.

So, who wants to get involved (particularly, at least someone with a spare FC to kindly donate)?

You're a bit late with the idea.

What form of gameplay would sustain people's interest to stay in that region? Missions will be limited, and since you don't have an anarchy faction there, there's no fun... I mean, bgs is also limited. Or did you plan to have a bubble of carriers in the surrounding systems? That sort of long term dedication would also need an incentive to stay alive.

Sounds like a cool idea though, anything that is player driven grinds my gears.

In Beta I loaded up a fleet carrier with all the toys and only 200 of commodities then quickly ran out of the 25,000 space. Not sure a FULL shipyard and outfitting is possible.

What form of gameplay would sustain people's interest to stay in that region? Missions will be limited, and since you don't have an anarchy faction there, there's no fun... I mean, bgs is also limited. Or did you plan to have a bubble of carriers in the surrounding systems? That sort of long term dedication would also need an incentive to stay alive.

Sounds like a cool idea though, anything that is player driven grinds my gears.
Well if people played in open, it would be cool to see how they choose to interact with each other. Would they work together on activities for enjoyment, or become murder hobos?

Of course the operation could also be expanded, this is just step one, to lay a groundwork that players can choose what happens to it. A truly player led colony, no NPC manipulation in sight.

Well if people played in open, it would be cool to see how they choose to interact with each other. Would they work together on activities for enjoyment, or become murder hobos?

Of course the operation could also be expanded, this is just step one, to lay a groundwork that players can choose what happens to it. A truly player led colony, no NPC manipulation in sight.
There's not a lot to do in the Core Sector unfortunately, apart from selling exploration data and mining.
To colonize a region you need game mechanics allowing this, which are not in the game.
For example, you can have miners that fill your carriers with LTD and other minerals, but the loop ends here. You can't use the minerals to manufacture components and start a market.

My idea of colonization is different and it would require features that are not in the game.
1. Atmospheric Planets
2. Terraformation

Then you can go with a group of players and explore a region and start to terraform the terraformable planets. Once a terraformation is done a starport is created and NPC go living there and activate their economy.
The starport offers missions (unrelated to the BGS) and services to CMDRs while the population generates a weekly income to the CMDR that terraformed the planet.
The terraformation process would be of course a completely new gameloop requiring the player to perform a number of activities.

There's not a lot to do in the Core Sector unfortunately, apart from selling exploration data and mining.
To colonize a region you need game mechanics allowing this, which are not in the game.
For example, you can have miners that fill your carriers with LTD and other minerals, but the loop ends here. You can't use the minerals to manufacture components and start a market.
If the FC has a black market, piracy is also an option in open. Then, pirates get bounties, and bounty hunters collect the bounties.

My time is too precious to waste on such experiments. I rather play pure PvP or pure PvE games. Then I get what I'm playing the game for.

If the FC has a black market, piracy is also an option in open. Then, pirates get bounties, and bounty hunters collect the bounties.
If the FC is in an inhabited system the FC isn't adding to that, though.
If the FC is in an uninhabited system then no bounties are incurred as there's no jurisdiction to apply them.

Top Bottom