Open Letter to E:D Odyssey Dev Team regarding planet surfaces, canyons, "hooning" and the risk of accidentally exterminating the very active niche

Yeah, I sort of stopped searching around personally. I don't think we're gonna find anything at this point.

However the good news, is that with the patch notes from earlier today, it appears Frontier is aware of the overall issue and stated we will hear more later on! Fingers crossed guys.
I really want to clang a symbol on not just bad textures or LoD issues, but the height map and planet topography variation. The latter is crucial to our gameplay and requires a rethinking of how they applied planet generation. The former is potentially fixed with a hot fix, and doesn't impact gameplay besides visuals (and exploration but that's more tangential).

They don't even pay attention to the majority of their playerbase that hates engineering.... so GL getting them to pay any attention to this

reluctant +1

It must be difficult filtering the noise tbf, this forum is scary levels of active and probably impossible to manage. Doesn't make it any less sad though :(

They don't even pay attention to the majority of their playerbase that hates engineering.... so GL getting them to pay any attention to this

True, but 'enthusiastic' planetary flying looks way more fun than than engineering mechanics.... :) It's engaging and exciting optics.... I'm naively thinking they're watching this one (and other terrain related issues) and will repsond proactively and positively.

HIP 51700, Body 9 A, Area around Joule Silo Planetary Port.

Maybe this could, but it still seems to me... compressed... flattened
It could be way more dramatic, but maybe it is worth a visit

Edit: the other planetary port on the same body, Ivanishin Prospect, is in a similarly rugged terrain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom