General Odyssey weapon and health rebalancing

I don't like the idea of having to keep swapping the weapons every few seconds to take down someone in a reasonable time and ammo (given that all shots hit)

The main idea is, i want to be able to take them down with one kind of weapon without wasting 5 magazines of ammo. Same with explosives, shields should be taken down if they protect a whole explosion, otherwise they might not even have any fun use.

Now shame on me i guess, if you can fix that just by grinding for engineering parts but we didn't get to see that so i wouldn't know.
Besides, look at ship weapons, you can take down an npc ship as an example, with just lasers, quicker than you can take a "human" down with- anything really, if you use just one kind.

There must be a way to make it less tedious.

we've had many many many threads on this in the Odyssey Alpha board.

The general takeaway here is that for a majority of FPS fans; it's agreed upon that Odyssey's combat is very lackluster and needs improvements. For people that don't play a lot of FPS games, or the only FPS games they play are Arena shooters: Odyssey's combat is great! But could use some improvements. Bullet sponging is hands down the number one complaint regarding FPS combat in Odyssey, so you're definitely not alone in this.

Top Bottom