ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

b) It seemed to be a skimmer that was chasing us, almost into orbit.

Likely to have been the base turrets.

You can - I have seen - disable individual turrets by cutting panel and disabling guns individually. Or you can go the whole way and turn the whole defence grid off in security/command or the power building (depending which base).

Likely to have been the base turrets.

You can - I have seen - disable individual turrets by cutting panel and disabling guns individually. Or you can go the whole way and turn the whole defence grid off in security/command or the power building (depending which base).
Its odd as I thought I'd turned off everything. Saying that I did have another mission where on lift off, we were chased by another ship, lucky for us we jumped at 26% hull.

NO, The Real Deal is how much of my REAL Time is wasted, while trying to play this Game.
Most of what I see is Just more Time Sink, while doing nothing,
OR Lack of common sense, added Bottlenecks (another form of grind), for no reason.
EXAMPLE: Not being able to jump inside the space station (over the railing)
Question: For a game with no end, What difference does it make to you, How fast I progress ?
Maybe time for a Offline Version of the Game, as promised at the beginning.
Let's wait until everything is unlocked before make any final claims. The time sink will be optional when it's released because you will have your own ship, so as it stands right now, it not an issue. Jumping in the station is not really an issue and could be added later. Jumping a railing is going to save how much time? Everything (for now) is on the upper level anyway. Again, let's just wait and see if anyone's predictions come true.

IS IT REALLY??? THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT HOW STUPID I MAY OR MAY NOT BE!!!

See, there's always someone who can shout louder.

I don't know what # items means. To me, a hashtag is an HTML bookmark that lets you link to a specific point in a page. Whatever it means on TwitFace or whatever is something I've never been able to fathom (not being a user of those platforms).

I'll take on board what you say about performance, but be aware that I've been around since the beginning and believe me, they'll forge ahead with whatever release date they have in mind whether it's ready and not.
# is technically called an Octothorp. Part of touch tone telephone pads for decades also accepted as 'number sign' almost equally universally. So #1 #2 #2 etc.

Привет! Есть предложение внести в игру немного реализма и выживания... Добавьте элемент выживания... пищу и воду... А то как-то не верится, что скафандр взял на себя все функции. Осознайте выживание в игре. Когда игрок будет уничтожен, переместите его не на станцию, а так, чтобы было видно, как игрока увозят. Спасибо за чтение, просто поделился своими мыслями о том, чего не хватает игре...

Sorry. I missed the start date of the beta testing. Can you give me a hint?
There is no beta test, only an Alpha test.

You can still participate in the Alpha.

The release of ED Odyssey for PC only at first, is for May 19TH, so you have a few days left to participate in the Alpha.

😷

Last edited:
There is no beta test, only an Alpha test.

You can still participate in the Alpha.

The release of ED Odyssey for PC only at first, is for May 19TH, so you have a few days left to participate in the Alpha.

😷
I've seen many different projects over the years, but this is the first time I've seen a release after an alpha. Or May 19 will not be a release but a beta?

This does not invalidate the beta. There will always be fixes.
True but Frontier have only promised the nearly finished Alpha and the release on PC of the full game on the 19th just in time for their financial year end commitment. There is no mention of or space for a Beta in their schedule.

I've seen many different projects over the years, but this is the first time I've seen a release after an alpha. Or May 19 will not be a release but a beta?
I thought that was a bit odd too, it's like there's a bit of a covert contract going on here where the May 19th release is expected to still be in some sort of testing phase.

It will be a release, but there are probably going to be fixes and updates afterwards.
'Probably' That has to be the biggest understatement I've read today. The alpha is nowhere near being ready for a release date being still riddled with bugs that have been there since the first download.
The issue tracker is full of reports that have been signed off as 'fixed' when they are still in the alpha and the 'fix' has not been tested. People are still suffering CTD that have been occuring since release and are ,at best, only acknowledged as 'confirmed' with no feedback as to the cause.
I have enjoyed testing the alpha, right up to Phase 4 when it seemed to hit a whole series of problems that still have not been solved. With an optimistic release date one can only assume that the next six months (optimisticaly) will be constant bug fix updates that should have been solved before a final release. I would hate to think it is profit motivated but can think of no other reason why it is being rushed out (considering other games spend far longer in Alpha/beta stage and still have problems).

EDIT

Well into the 'official' (Beta) release and, sad to say, majority of my fears are fact. Problems in Alpha are still in there along with quite a few more. Pretty sure this is the last pre-order the Frontier will receive from me. Six months seems very optimistic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom