ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

Needs at least a GTA cover mechanic...pop shots and lockdowns.
Is there fist fighting, handcuff and carry, no station battles....please tell me you can make mayhem anywhere!

Stupid question: How do i open the mission details. Once I pick the mission I just can get the summary title in the nav/map but there's no panel that tells you the complete mission text anywhere. I have configured all key bindings for everything but there's nothing that suggest the presence of a panel such as the one you have on the left inside the ship. Any idea?
hold the "Q" key

well, from what i can see now, odyssey is likely to be one of the smallest additions for the elite. no new ships are planned (as far as i remember from the community managers), no new srvs either.
all the areas of the stations, both terrestrial and space, are small rooms with kiosks cluttering up the walls. it feels like the stations outside of these areas are completely empty.
The shooting looks clumsy, the recoil from the weapons is not felt at all.
in fact, the problems could be listed for quite a long time, but, unfortunately, they were revealed at a very late stage, when no one and nothing would be fixed.
all in all, i find it hard to believe that odyssey has been in production since 2018, i think it's more likely that work started somewhere in early 2020.

well, from what i can see now, odyssey is likely to be one of the smallest additions for the elite. no new ships are planned (as far as i remember from the community managers), no new srvs either.
all the areas of the stations, both terrestrial and space, are small rooms with kiosks cluttering up the walls. it feels like the stations outside of these areas are completely empty.
in fact, the problems could be listed for quite a long time, but, unfortunately, they were revealed at a very late stage, when no one and nothing would be fixed.
all in all, i find it hard to believe that odyssey has been in production since 2018, i think it's more likely that work started somewhere in early 2020.
So is it smaller than Horizons?
You are literally moving from having your avatar glued to a chair to a completely in-person, on-foot experience, for a game which has been since its inception a space ship simulation game.
Plus, it's just an alpha, at its first phase, on its second day...

This is in no way, shape or form a 'completely new game'. Please provide your reasoning for why this extra downloadable content (Odyssey) for the base game (Elite: Dangerous) is NOT a DLC.
I would say in the first part that the expectation is you can play Odyssey and never own a ship in the game. You need never fly a ship in the game about flying ships. I think I see where the 'completely new game' idea is coming from.

I would say in the first part that the expectation is you can play Odyssey and never own a ship in the game. You need never fly a ship in the game about flying ships. I think I see where the 'completely new game' idea is coming from.
That's fair, but it's still definitively wrong.

We might as well use correct terminology.

So where do I get the "provided" power regulator if it doesn't appear in my inventory?

...which it doesn't. Also, the mission requires me to extinguish any fires I find. Do I need to buy a fire extinguisher from somewhere?

Last time I took this mission I just headed sraight out there, expecting the "provided" power regulator to be actually provided, only to get off the shuttle and be told I was missing a[n unspecified] mission critical object. Then an NPC said "what the hell are you doing?" and shot me.

Is this what they call "gameplay"? I just call it confusion.

This is just first alpha-phase focused on Apex and missions at planets pretty much, things will change kinda lot when we get to use our ships for travelling at stations/outposts or exploring planets and their POI locations (or travel around bubble stations and outposts / planet bases more freely with Apex).

And there is also lots of upgrades, updates, bug fixes and other stuff (even new ships) still incoming even later at alpha, or later after launch.

So where do I get the "provided" power regulator if it doesn't appear in my inventory?

...which it doesn't. Also, the mission requires me to extinguish any fires I find. Do I need to buy a fire extinguisher from somewhere?

Last time I took this mission I just headed sraight out there, expecting the "provided" power regulator to be actually provided, only to get off the shuttle and be told I was missing a[n unspecified] mission critical object. Then an NPC said "what the hell are you doing?" and shot me.

Is this what they call "gameplay"? I just call it confusion.

I have to say that I have been also lost with missions, though I suck in FPS-games in general.

I have not yet even figured out how I get a ride back to station after completing a mission, if there is no place to order Apex from?

Also in one mission, I opened "container 11" as mission ordered me and provided key to unlock it, but it did not have personal document I were supposed to get in mission description (but some other stuff, that obviously were not correct for the mission).
Then again, I stumbled before that on "container" 14 that were open and had 3 "personal documents", but taking those would have been illegal though...

So yeah, kind of confused.

Right, so I need a cutting torch. Where do I get one of those? Pioneer Supplies only sell weapons and suits. Where do I get tools?

Top Bottom