Odyssey delay = another content drought?

Nothing to worry about.

Frontier made a commitment that the DLC will be released during their current financial year which ends on the 31st of May. You'll have it by then, regardless of what state it's in.

Let's hope that the devs are allowed at least 2 hours sleep, 5 minutes a day for meals and beatings are with an open hand. This isn't the middle ages you know.

I assume this thread is opened as a parody. If its not then maybe we have lost touch with what matters, namely the safety of FDEV staff amidst the impact of this COVID world.

I can only imagine how inefficient it would be to move from sitting in a room with a group of people going through design and development planning and issues during development to trying to do it over a video call.

I assume this thread is opened as a parody. If its not then maybe we have lost touch with what matters, namely the safety of FDEV staff amidst the impact of this COVID world.

I can only imagine how inefficient it would be to move from sitting in a room with a group of people going through design and development planning and issues during development to trying to do it over a video call.
No its a serious question. Look what happened with fleet carriers, 2 year wait, Galnet and CG's turned off just so they could implement a cosmetically changed mobile station into and that was under PLANNED content. Now with all the lockdowns, more delays announced, after delays announced last year all unplanned so how are they going to deal with the lack of story progression when the inevitable extra delays are announced?

Also how is the story going to progress for console players being 6 months behind PC... what happens to CG's that require the Odyssey features when consoles cant go out on foot? Do they get the content delayed or just miss out on it completely?

No its a serious question. Look what happened with fleet carriers, 2 year wait, Galnet and CG's turned off just so they could implement a cosmetically changed mobile station into and that was under PLANNED content. Now with all the lockdowns, more delays announced, after delays announced last year all unplanned so how are they going to deal with the lack of story progression when the inevitable extra delays are announced?

Also how is the story going to progress for console players being 6 months behind PC... what happens to CG's that require the Odyssey features when consoles cant go out on foot? Do they get the content delayed or just miss out on it completely?
Arf made it clear the story and cgs will continue.

Leave it up to them to work out the logistics around whether a delayed console launch of Odyssey has any bearing on their work. My guess is it'll have no impact whatsoever but I doubt fdev need our input on the matter either way.

Arf made it clear the story and cgs will continue.

Leave it up to them to work out the logistics around whether a delayed console launch of Odyssey has any bearing on their work. My guess is it'll have no impact whatsoever but I doubt fdev need our input on the matter either way.
So players of a game, shouldn't provide input to the game they are playing on the games forums? got it, thank you for that concept LUL

And remember what happened last time they were trusted LUL

Yep total disaster, there will be riots in the streets, angry crowds picketing outside of FD HQ, the staff pelted with rotten vegetables and eggs as they sneak in and out of the workplace. Effigies of DBOBE will be strung up on every lamppost casting an eerie light as the burn throughout the night. Open Letters will be drafted and sent to all Main stream media, causing governments will topple, mass protest marches in every city world wide. Both Microsoft and Sony will file for bankruptcy when it is discovered they were partly the cause of the delay for consoles.

Yep the world will be in ruins ......
Completely unnecessary.

You asked what delay. He simply answered that Odyssey got delayed for 6+ months for console players, which is a fact.

Don't see how that warrants ridicule and putting words in his mouth.

Completely unnecessary.

You asked what delay. He simply answered that Odyssey got delayed for 6+ months for console players, which is a fact.

Don't see how that warrants ridicule and putting words in his mouth.
Hmm could be because the OP suddenly decided that the delay will be 9 months, not 6 months.

Hmm could be because the OP suddenly decided that the delay will be 9 months, not 6 months.
Granted we don't have a fixed date, but since autumn includes most of December I don't think it's completely out of the question to say that's 9 months away from Q1.

Now you'll have time to catch up on your ever growing backlog of Steam games. Or maybe you can start learning a new skill, or take up meditation to learn to deal with the trepidations caused by a video game's release being pushed back a little.
I'd recommend Stoicism for all occasions. (y)

When they brought the story back, they said it had a team dedicated specifically to it rather than to development. Hopefully that team knows nothing about console hardware or terrain generation or whatever it is they're up to, and therefore can't be reassigned.
(Hopefully also Frontier has seen the significant rise in player activity since they brought the story back and therefore sees it's worth keeping in its own right)

I think this close to release it's less of a risk - reassigning people and getting them up to speed slows everyone else down too, so they'll want to avoid that if possible. Early on was a different matter.

I don't think there's too much need to worry there for CGs specifically - even after Horizons had been out for years, CGs which required visiting planet surfaces were very rare. (Even after everyone now has it the CG team seems to be avoiding surface activities still)

With Odyssey's release date still being uncertain, it's possible that the story team aren't planning to use it anyway until it's been out a while.

Remember when they stopped Galnet and CG's? Remember the lame excuses about not having enough dev time to do it?

Will this be happening again since you are pushing the launch back 6 months?
It is what it is, and complaining about it isn’t going to make it magically appear any earlier.

Top Bottom