Odyssey Alpha Launch: Where To Watch!

Finally it just appeared for me after numerous reopenings of the launcher. So it seems to be true that it will appear "somewhen".
LEP owner / Frontier launcher / located in Germany
Downloading now

as expected. its tradition isn't it?

so i assumed there would of been problems, and FD are good at fixing things.
i took the time to add a couple hours to a painting i'm doing.
DSC_0128.JPG
Lovely sunny spring day. checked back after a while and it is all ready to install.
i read hotfixes already, but remember this is alpha.
were the guinea pigs to fix all the bits to make sure the game runs smoother for when it gets out there to the galactic public.

o7 Cmdrs. lets get testing , while seeing what new features we can expect soon.

soonish, maybe got time to go grab some beers and nibbles.

Syncing around the 1-2 hour mark.
sync.jpg

Last edited:
From what I've observed as a spectator of Down to Earth Astronomy.

1. Game got stuck in a menu Only once .
2. Game crashed only once.
3. The frame rate was perfect, not a single dip.
Game looks ready to me to be released .
Excellent job frontier on your hard work! I can't wait to play this on ps4!! 😁😋😉🤘👍 (This is just my opinion from watching someone play on a high end pc.)

From what I've observed as a spectator of Down to Earth Astronomy.

1. Game got stuck in a menu Only once .
2. Game crashed only once.
3. The frame rate was perfect, not a single dip.
Game looks ready to me to be released .
Excellent job frontier on your hard work! I can't wait to play this on ps4!! 😁😋😉🤘👍 (This is just my opinion from watching someone play on a high end pc.)

Nooo, it's nowhere near ready. I downloaded it earlier and although I'm only using a GTX 1660 Super with a Ryzen 5 3600 it's far from ready. It needs much more optimisation and a vast improvement on the planetary graphics as they're very bland (intentionally I suspect).

It's not a bad start though and I'm looking forward to future improvements but I might wait until Beta before I take another look.

If someone is interested, I stream every 2 days (ita and eng) for 3h or more, starting from 9 pm (Italy time gmt+1 I guess).
I'll be streaming all 4 alpha phases.
Some other days I'll play different games instead.

I hope to see some of you on my channel:

I would think it would be common courtesy for the long time players who purchased goods 6 years ago would be given the option first over someone that has only jsut purchased the Odyssey DLC. So JFTR no, I wont chill.
Then just for your information streamer they mention in original post get download option past15 BST so much later then most of us. They release it in waves.
But of course you are special magical pixie and deserve get everything first

Top Bottom