No station voices...

Ever since the update, the station voices that usually tell you stuff like "proceed to landing pad bla bla", "landing complete, dispacting ground crew", ect... but now theres nothing. i never realized how impactful this was to the overal feel of landing at a station but now it all feels dead. really kills the immersion. is this some kind of known bug thats plagued the patch? anyone else having this issue? my audio and everthing hasnt changed and is all default and on btw.

Yeah, people talking about this sort of thing in the known issues thread ..

Ever since the update, the station voices that usually tell you stuff like "proceed to landing pad bla bla", "landing complete, dispacting ground crew", ect... but now theres nothing. i never realized how impactful this was to the overal feel of landing at a station but now it all feels dead. really kills the immersion. is this some kind of known bug thats plagued the patch? anyone else having this issue? my audio and everthing hasnt changed and is all default and on btw.
Yup, same here. Head on over to the issue tracker and see. Plenty of people have reported this over a variety of systems. Also, agreed on the immersion kill. Nothing like hearing that station voice on a return from a long trip into nothingness.

Yup, same here. Head on over to the issue tracker and see. Plenty of people have reported this over a variety of systems. Also, agreed on the immersion kill. Nothing like hearing that station voice on a return from a long trip into nothingness.
yup. love it everytime. youd think it wouldnt matter after jumping to stations after a hundred times but nope. just something deeply satisfying about it like you pointed out.

yup. love it everytime. youd think it wouldnt matter after jumping to stations after a hundred times but nope. just something deeply satisfying about it like you pointed out.
Agreed. Let's hope it gets fixed among the plethora of other things that also have gone wrong with the update it seems.

I am still having the same problem, and I agree it makes the game feel dead. Come on Fdev, fix this problem!

Believe it or not, this is how it used to be on release lol. I noticed the addition of voices around 2016ish

It really is disconcerting when dropping into a station instance and not to get an audio greeting with the ATC welcoming you.
The only thing that confirms that the game sound isn't broken is Holly telling me that I have been scanned.

Have all the ATC controllers quit their jobs in stations and moved to the Fleet Carriers because station pay was so bad?

still 15,000 ly from the nearest station. Would love to hear those voices when I get back. Been in the black a little too long I think...

Background traffic chatter is still there, but no station ATC except at carriers, and the sounds of the landing pad lowering are missing too. And carrier hangar ambience follows you everywhere after you leave.

One possible reason the ATC voices for stations could be gone is because they are being revamped - maybe they recorded new voices or something for more variety. They recorded new ones for carriers, so why not do the same for stations while they're at it..? 🤔

...or maybe it's just another bug. There seems to be something weird with the sound since the update; I hear occasional mechanical sound effects at regular intervals in my ship for some strange reason...

One possible reason the ATC voices for stations could be gone is because they are being revamped - maybe they recorded new voices or something for more variety. They recorded new ones for carriers, so why not do the same for stations while they're at it..? 🤔

...or maybe it's just another bug. There seems to be something weird with the sound since the update; I hear occasional mechanical sound effects at regular intervals in my ship for some strange reason...
yea the mechanical sounds are the garage background noises that are staying with you when you leave the station. its also a bug.

Would be nice to hear some official statment of this from the developers. Tell a noob to this community - how does Frontier handle this sort of thing? Apart from acknowledging in the issue tracker. Is it report and fingers crossed or do they give some word?

Would be nice to hear some official statment of this from the developers. Tell a noob to this community - how does Frontier handle this sort of thing? Apart from acknowledging in the issue tracker. Is it report and fingers crossed or do they give some word?
Im sure it's on a long list of stuff that's currently undergoing fixing and testing. It's not on the list of known issues, but im sure its been spotted given how much attention its had.

"Just an update to say that the development team are already investigating, the community team are reading all your feedback and we’ll be sharing more updates throughout the day when we have them."

I miss ATC, a lot! It fascinates me how something so obvious gets past Frontier's QA department. Did they ONLY dock at fleet carriers when testing this update prior to release?

Top Bottom