Horizons New Wanted rules?

Used to be when the NPC police killed you after you got wanted status, you lost the status. Presumably because you paid for the crime by dying. That doesnt seem to work anymore. It seems that you need a player to kill you and THEN the wanted tag will fall off.

When the NPC cops kill you, you can look at your transactions and it WONT show that you have a bounty or wanted message, but if you are scanned by the NPC cops again, you will suddenly become wanted and be destroyed.

How are you supposed to drop wanted in solo then?

Working as intended here. You are WANTED for a time of maybe 5days in that System. It's your own risk to stay in it even if you got destroyed there already. Yes within this time there you may be scanned again. Just look on your Contacts panel for the bounty time. After it elapses you are now not a Wanted Bounty and you can return if you wish and pay off the now Legacy Fine if it makes you feel better. I don't know what happens if not...increases or harms your rep I'd say.

Last edited:
Working as intended here. You are WANTED for a time of maybe 5days in that System. It's your own risk to stay in it even if you got destroyed there already. Yes within this time there you may be scanned again. Just look on your Contacts panel for the bounty time. After it elapses you are now not a Wanted Bounty and you can return if you wish and pay off the now Legacy Fine if it makes you feel better. I don't know what happens if not...increases or harms your rep I'd say.

When I got re-killed, I was no longer wanted by where it usually says you arfe wanted and in transactions says nothing at all about bring wanted until you get scanned again.

Im not asking if its broken? Im asking it ifs new. Because it used to be you just jump into a sidewinder and get killed and it dropped the wanted tag. That worked yesterday morning but didnt work yesterday afternoon.

The question is how are you supposed to drop the tag now? Or are you supposed to just not play for 5 days (as thats my main system for doing anything and if thats the case, thats gonna be really hard on my game time, especially when I get a wanted tag for shooting guys who are shooting me to start with after they interdict me).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Looking at Transactions, I see this:

6tfG4VC.jpg

From Contacts I see this:

ExzfHfY.jpg

As far as I can tell, Im not wanted but if I get scanned, I become wanted again and boom.

Likely Wanted on a H-Jump timer and not Wanted for a kill as there was no Legacy Fine. Must exit System then return once timer is up.

You need to wait until the timers hit 0, once this happens you can pay the fine, (if you are still in the system you will need to jump out and back in in order to pay the fine) Also if you get scanned again the timer re-sets.

You need to wait until the timers hit 0, once this happens you can pay the fine, (if you are still in the system you will need to jump out and back in in order to pay the fine) Also if you get scanned again the timer re-sets.

Where do you see the timer?

Transaction tab. You have it in your second post.

Once the time is up, it will change into "On H-jump" which means that it will be cleared off after next hyper jump. (You still have to pay it off, but your wanted status disappears.)

Last edited:
If you are wanted and are destroyed without your bounty being collected you come back with a dormant bounty. With this, you are not wanted unless you are scanned by a system authority from the faction who gave you the original bounty, but if / when you are the bounty 'wakes up' and you are wanted again.

The timer associated with the dormant bounty will run down to zero, at which point you will be able to go back to that system, not be wanted, and there will be a legacy fine to pay off (if you want to). The same happens with 'live' bounties too.

Spent about 1.5 hrs in high Res last night and when I went to cash in I am wanted not even sure what I did all kills had a bounty on them. Sucks cause I want to play this weekend. Now if I leave the station I am dead or hurting at least.

Top Bottom