New app on steam - next DLC is here soon!

I doubt this will be the last year of Planet Zoo, but I don't expect things to carry on past Dec 2022
Same here, but June 2022 is something I look at too.
In any case, that would be 2,5-3 years support - which I consider a long support in DLC.

They could easily push out DLC for 5 years content-wise but I wonder if the game remains that popular. (will it be profitable enough?)

1. Africa
2. North America
3. Birds at the end of the year just as with Aquatic pack
Could be an option but still a doubt if an Aviary pack will be a november/december DLC

Well If there are going to be birds, be it fully flying or via aviaries, my bet is it will be the last DLC of this year.

I am thinking the same as most people:
1. Africa
2. North America
3. Birds at the end of the year just as with Aquatic pack

Then if we are lucky, few more packs in 2022 (potentionally animal packs to beef up the animal numbers before winding it down).
For me, it could be the best scenario. Love the idea of just animals packs.

To talk briefly about JWE2, the announcement hyped me, I have to admit, and the new customisation and management possibilities look really good (although, we probably won't get the piece-by-piece of Planet Zoo).
Concerning Planet Zoo, as some people have said here, and I share the same opinion, it shows that the devs can create aviaries. Which for me is a very good sign that they will come in Planet Zoo.
I agree with @FoxyDee about the future DLC for this year, it makes sense to me. So here is the roadmap I imagine for the second part of the year for Planet Zoo:

• an Africa DLC (4 habitat animals + 1 terrarium, +200 scenery pieces, 1 new scenario). The free update will bring the possibility to modify the terrain and select the terrains we want for each map (as some have already noticed the window in the home menu). June 29th or July 6th.
  • a North America DLC (I would rather bet on an Animal Pack, with 8 animals and no building parts). I have no idea what the big new feature of the free update might be, but maybe new shops (like the ones added in Planet Coaster with a DLC). Early October 2021
  • an Aviary DLC (possibility to make aviaries that would work like exhibits, i.e. defined size (I hope several different sizes), I can imagine 10 different species of birds. The free update would introduce exhibits of different sizes, among other things. Mid-December 2021.

Then, I think Planet Zoo will go slowly towards the end with maybe 2 or 3 animal packs as a big part of the team will be gone on Planet Coaster 2. After mid-2022, I think Planet Zoo will no longer be supported (except maybe quality of life updates). A console version may come at the end of 2022 or 2023.

Of course I think it will happen if everything goes well. If for some reason the plans are delayed, I can imagine the North America DLC being moved to November and the Aviary Pack to spring 2022.

Small precision: for the Africa Pack I hope more construction pieces than previous DLCs because the team in charge had 6 months to deal with it (since the South-East Asia Pack didn't have any).

Last edited:
I have a gut feeling FoxyDee might be totally right. I would really like Africa to be animal pack although I know that chances are thin.

I would welcome any official animal gladly but my biggest dream like many of you already know is still Maned wolf and Red River hog - but official not mods.

I would willingly pay Frontier for them myself if this could do any help 😜 Frontier please make them before you finish your support.

I know It’s stupid to be that fixed but this game would never be complete for me without these two species.

Last edited:
I would pay Frontier for them myself if this could do any help 😜 Frontier Please make them before you finish your support.
giphy.gif

But yeah, I'd totally do the same for a gray fox and red wolf

Frontier is set to make some revelations at the PC Gaming Show on Sunday 👀:

Source: https://twitter.com/frontierdev/status/1403370209541505030?s=21

Correct me if I'm wrong but the PC Gaming Show is only based on PC games so I doubt they'll reveal much about JWE2 as it will be available on consoles too.
It would be a good time to announce a big "aviary" expansion (although as I've already said, it seems highly unlikely that an announcement of this kind will be made at E3).

Correct me if I'm wrong but the PC Gaming Show is only based on PC games so I doubt they'll reveal much about JWE2 as it will be available on consoles too.
You are right. Since their only big title for this year is JWE2 they can only announce something for PZ or their small new title.

You are right. Since their only big title for this year is JWE2 they can only announce something for PZ or their small new title.
Ok thanks for the confirmation. I've just seen that the Twitter account for Warhammer 40,000, the new Frontier Foundry game, has retweeted the announcement so there will definitely be some news on that.

But as you said, I don't see what other games besides Planet Zoo we could get info on.
I first thought of Planet Coaster 2 but I don't think Frontier would announce 2 management games, within a few days of each other so I don't see on which other games they could make announcements apart from Planet Zoo.
Honestly I'd be very surprised (but also very happy if we get info on a Planet Zoo expansion)

I've just seen that the Twitter account for Warhammer 40,000, the new Frontier Foundry game, has retweeted the announcement so there will definitely be some news on that.
I think that's the big one for E3 for Frontier

You got Lemnis Gate and maybe some early info for the F1 manager.

Frontier is set to make some revelations at the PC Gaming Show on Sunday 👀:

Source: https://twitter.com/frontierdev/status/1403370209541505030?s=21

It would be a good time to announce a big "aviary" expansion (although as I've already said, it seems highly unlikely that an announcement of this kind will be made at E3).
"On console too" doesn't mean "only on console". As long as it's available on PC, every game can be announced even one with a release cross platforms.
I doubt there will be some mini-africa pack dlc news, unfortunately.

I highly doubt will get any news on PZ unfortunately. I really don’t recall them ever doing that tbh. But on a positive note the African dlc should be announced soon one would think.

We'll have some information next week, it seems clear to me. But what if the change in the requirements for the polar bear was "the big feature of this update"?
I really hope not, but it seems weird to announce it with an official post on the forums. I mean, they could have written it as a reply to another thread just to say it’s coming, but, for once we're getting some communication from Frontier outside of the 2 weeks before each update, we're not going to complain about it ! 😝

Putting aside what I just wrote, do you think we'll still get the main new feature announcement (like the color variations or animal talks) a few days before the full announcement like Chanté did, or will the update be announced directly in its entirety? The fact that Chanté has left may have changed the method of communication. 🤷‍♂️

We'll have some information next week, it seems clear to me. But what if the change in the requirements for the polar bear was "the big feature of this update"?
I really hope not, but it seems weird to announce it with an official post on the forums. I mean, they could have written it as a reply to another thread just to say it’s coming, but, for once we're getting some communication from Frontier outside of the 2 weeks before each update, we're not going to complain about it ! 😝

Putting aside what I just wrote, do you think we'll still get the main new feature announcement (like the color variations or animal talks) a few days before the full announcement like Chanté did, or will the update be announced directly in its entirety? The fact that Chanté has left may have changed the method of communication. 🤷‍♂️
Who knows? I think the polar bear requirements will be a feature of it for sure, but there might be something else as well. We'll find out more soon no doubt.

Top Bottom