Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

I have used the tool for a long route now and it speeds things up quite alot:) also good way to find neutrons. Think a option for having it prioritize lowest amount of jumps from A to B would be nice. I belive that would create a faster route for A to B travel. Now its more focused on finding neutrons stars and as a bieffect it goes faster then normal travel but not as fast as it could! still a great tool good work :)

I have substantially improved the speed of routing, so people who were having to wait a while should notice a big improvement

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
+1 rep, added to my ever growing list of elite bookmarks
Need an app for that!

I know it was ment as a joke but in reality there is such a thing. When you have created a (free) account you can bookmark the entries in EDCodex (EDC). Note: For having a look at the entries you do NOT need an account. You can find this excellent tool (NHRP/NS) here. Edcodex is NOT a complete overview of all third party tools but we are pretty close and ofc you can add a missing tool yourself - in the process helping out others and making EDC more complete.

Last edited:
Greetings from germany and much thanks for this work. I love it :)

I've just recognized some mismatches in the calculation of the required jumps to the next WP (waypoint).
I don't know if it is the same CMDR Rewision has posted earlier:

Hi I think I have found a situation that leads to the total number of jumps calculation being incorrect and higher then it should be. This happens when you are at a neutron star and can not reach the next one so it says plot a xx range jump towards the next system. What would happen is, if you have 25 ly range and the next the NS is 125 away it will say plot a 100 ly jump towards the next system and you would have 25 left for a total of 2 jumps. However it calculates the distance in this case with only normal jump range so it would say 5 jumps at the side instead of 2.

Here is a example for a route I plotted using a range of 34.84. http://www.spansh.co.uk/?from=Jueni...05C4B0-B012-11E6-A595-CC68F2195DFE&ratio=1.42

For example i plotted a route from Hillary Depot (Blu Thua AI-A c14-10) to COLONIA with a jump range of 37.7 LY:
http://www.spansh.co.uk/?from=Blu+T...D4C-BA24-11E6-BB35-D1CFF2195DFE&efficiency=50

Sometimes the number of estiminated jumps is incorrect. Absolut clearly you can see it between WP 23/24. There is a gap of 45.36 LY an the tool tolds me only 1 estiminated jump. So what? My ship only jumps 37.7 LY. [wink]

Also WP 14/15: Gap of 79.49 LY, it told estiminated jumps = 2? With two jumps i reached only 75.4 LY!

There is no problem anyway, becaus all of the gaps i have to use the ingame-route function, so it is irrelevant for me at this point and so it may be only a display error of the tool, but i want to report it here.

Thanks

Last edited:
Greetings from germany and much thanks for this work. I love it :)

I've just recognized some mismatches in the calculation of the required jumps to the next WP (waypoint).
I don't know if it is the same CMDR Rewision has posted earlier:

For example i plotted a route from Hillary Depot (Blu Thua AI-A c14-10) to COLONIA with a jump range of 37.7 LY:
http://www.spansh.co.uk/?from=Blu+T...D4C-BA24-11E6-BB35-D1CFF2195DFE&efficiency=50

Sometimes the number of estiminated jumps is incorrect. Absolut clearly you can see it between WP 23/24. There is a gap of 45.36 LY an the tool tolds me only 1 estiminated jump. So what? My ship only jumps 37.7 LY. [wink]

Also WP 14/15: Gap of 79.49 LY, it told estiminated jumps = 2? With two jumps i reached only 75.4 LY!

There is no problem anyway, becaus all of the gaps i have to use the ingame-route function, so it is irrelevant for me at this point and so it may be only a display error of the tool, but i want to report it here.

Thanks

Seems like there was a rounding error. The estimated jumps are calculated as the distance you have to travel divided by your jump range assuming you will only be able to get 90% efficiency to get there, I had an off by one error (truncated integer rather than always round up), this should now be fixed.

Hello Spansh,
thank you for this explanation:
The estimated jumps are calculated as the distance you have to travel divided by your jump range assuming you will only be able to get 90% efficiency to get there, I had an off by one error (truncated integer rather than always round up), this should now be fixed.
Now, it seems to work:

Planed Route: (i switched to 75% efficiency)
http://www.spansh.co.uk/?from=Blu+T...D4C-BA24-11E6-BB35-D1CFF2195DFE&efficiency=75

WP30: Gria Drye YF-M b41-15 140.27 15745.96 1
WP31: Gria Drye AM-J d10-224 71.76 15686.22 Yes 3

With my Jumprange of 37.7 i would close the gap in 2 jumps with 100% efficiency, with the calculated 90% i would need 3 jumps, correct [up]

But now i discovered another, and here i must say ERROR: (same route as above)

WP35: Byeia Eurk QO-Z d13-33 62.87 15287.38 Yes 2
WP36: Byeia Eurk QO-Z d13-158 18.09 15272.93 Yes 1
WP37: Nyeajeau SG-I b2-1 130.60 15172.61

WP35 is an NS, so i supercharged. The Planer says: jump to WP36 for only 18.09 LY???? [woah]

In this case, i reached directly WP 37 (with supercharged FSD i've a jumprange of 150. LY)!
I think you have to put another calculation in your algorithm, somethink like: check if it is efficient to use a NS only because there is an NS on route [wink] (i hope you understand what i mean).

Best regards.

Last edited:
Hello Spansh,
thank you for this explanation:

Now, it seems to work:

Planed Route: (i switched to 75% efficiency)
http://www.spansh.co.uk/?from=Blu+T...D4C-BA24-11E6-BB35-D1CFF2195DFE&efficiency=75

WP30: Gria Drye YF-M b41-15 140.27 15745.96 1
WP31: Gria Drye AM-J d10-224 71.76 15686.22 Yes 3

With my Jumprange of 37.7 i would close the gap in 2 jumps with 100% efficiency, with the calculated 90% i would need 3 jumps, correct [up]

But now i discovered another, and here i must say ERROR: (same route as above)

WP35: Byeia Eurk QO-Z d13-33 62.87 15287.38 Yes 2
WP36: Byeia Eurk QO-Z d13-158 18.09 15272.93 Yes 1
WP37: Nyeajeau SG-I b2-1 130.60 15172.61

WP35 is an NS, so i supercharged. The Planer says: jump to WP36 for only 18.09 LY???? [woah]

In this case, i reached directly WP 37 (with supercharged FSD i've a jumprange of 150. LY)!
I think you have to put another calculation in your algorithm, somethink like: check if it is efficient to use a NS only because there is an NS on route [wink] (i hope you understand what i mean).

Best regards.

So this is an artifact of "lack of data" as usual. What I do is find which is the next neutron star to jump to, if the one after that is still within your jump range I use that and keep looking until the "next neutron" is out of range. In this case the next neutron was 18LY and the one after that was 180LY, so it had to use the 18LY one and then find something intermediate to jump to in order to get to the next neutron. In this case it's "probably" unwise to deliberately route to a neutron which is less than your regular jump range, so I have told it to skip those neutron stars.

What it generates now is:

Byeia Eurk FP-A b55-7 112.26 15343.31 1
Byeia Eurk QO-Z d13-33 62.87 15287.38
Nyeajeau ZK-U a2-5 114.98 15193.53
Nyeajeau PI-B e29 69.31 15135.49

Which skips over the l8 LY jump and goes straight to the furthest regular system it can find then routes to the neutron after that, it "probably" works out similar in number of jumps and visits to the galaxy map. If people don't like it I can always change it back

Last edited:
With how much faster it works now, do you think you could iterate over several efficiencies to locate the minimum total jumps?

Awesome work Commander! +rep
I recently came back to the bubble from Colonia in a 17LY Python and could have used it then.

A question and a request:
The "Efficiency" (as measured by me based on the number of jumps for the same route) seems to maximise around the 50% efficiency mark in the plotter. Am I reading it wrong?

Could you add a tickybox option to include stops at the Colonia waystations if they're not too far out of the way? Obviously, it depends where you're going, but on my trip back, I was happy and relieved to be able to sell my data every now and then, as well as making repairs and restocking my AFMU and heatsinks.

Hm ... the system fields don't offer known systems anymore and no search yields results.
Did the connection to EDSM break?

Hm ... the system fields don't offer known systems anymore and no search yields results.
Did the connection to EDSM break?

I've been upgrading the server, so there have been a few downtime sections, feel free to try again, the upgrade has finished.

Could you add a tickybox option to include stops at the Colonia waystations if they're not too far out of the way? Obviously, it depends where you're going, but on my trip back, I was happy and relieved to be able to sell my data every now and then, as well as making repairs and restocking my AFMU and heatsinks.

The best way to do this would be to simply route to each of your checkpoints that you want to visit.

So instead of

Sol => Colonia

You would do

Sol => Blu Thua AI-A c14-10
Blu Thua AI-A c14-10 => Colonia

It was likely honked but not scanned one day, then someone actually scanned it the next day, it should be fixed with the next EDDB update I do

It was likely honked but not scanned one day, then someone actually scanned it the next day, it should be fixed with the next EDDB update I do
Ahh, OK, i thought the NS-Route-Planner works with live-data from EDSM/EDDB. In fact of this new info i won't post more mismatches of this type as i encountered some.

e.g.: Flyiedgiae PB-X d1-15 (is an NS-Starsystem but the planner shows it as none) [wink]

Hey

Brilliant tool spansh! Great work!

I've started to use this tool to assist my trip back from colonia, it's been really good so far, but I lost my original route and had to replot.

I've been bookmarking maybe 20-30 jumps in advance.

Since my last replot these jumps are being plotted in a zig zag fashion, Ive been replotting them to avoid wasted jumps. It was calculated at 35% efficiency because 50 didn't work.

But it's a hassle, probably quicker just to follow the route and not change.

My current location is Boelts OT-R d4-165 and my range is 28.7 (depends on how full my 128t fuel tank is tho!

The original jump estimate was around 500. I've gotten it down to about 432. But that is including the zigzag pattern.

I'm assuming you can't plot using ns that havnt been mapped to this project.

Instead of having to re-roll to find what % efficiency gives the best/ least jumps, Any chance you could add an "optimise" route feature/button?

The only preplanned route I know of is the hurt highway, but that is for 35ly ships. Are there any other mapped routes for sol to colonia.

I have 4 days to return to sol. Not sure if I will make it, currently 18,000 ly out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom