My feedback

This is my first post here, and I felt like things were meant to be said. I feel as though Planet Zoo could be a outstanding game, and make positive changes if players are listened too.

Also Please you don't have to mention about Steam workshop or you think people are greedy for asking for more animals. This thread isn't for that, it's for everything else listed below.

Add

- Guest Limit Amount
(I believe this is why my game crashes and lags - "Too many Guests!")
<--- Updated 11/14/19
- Bulldozer button
(It will help so much more without so much clicking)
- Auto Saves
(Be able to set a timer for a auto save)
- Fences/barriers and path should be able to drag it
(example when you build fences, floor and walls in Sims 4)
- Next Animal Button
(While in camera mode on a animal you should be able to click a arrow for the next animal in the same enclosure)
  • Guest favourite animal
  • Guest Wish List
  • Popularity of animals in your zoo
  • Free tickets to get into your zoo
(Mainly for sandbox mode to be even more sandbox-ey)
- A button to toogle on/off for unlimited Power and Water purification.
(Sandbox Mode Only)
<--- Updated 11/27/19
- More Shelters for the animals
(The standard ones in the game are getting too boring.)(Add ready made Rock shelters, dens, etc.- I know I can download from steam, but stuff like this should already be added into the game.)
- More types of Donation Boxes
(I'm getting bored of placing down the same donation box. - Add new shapes or even animal shaped donation boxes.)
- Zoo Entertainers
(Animal shows - Animal trainers showing off birds, etc to a small audience of guests)
(Animal Costumed Entertainers - People dressed up as A elephant, Bird, Lion, etc.)
- Pinic Table Areas
(You can place down a Pinic Area and you just connect a path to it.)
- Staff Outfit Customizations
(Change color of outfits, patterns and style.)
- Staff's energy doesn't lower Button.
(Sandbox Mode Only)
<--- Updated 11/27/19
  • More Already made guest shops.
  • More avatars customizations
(More colors, and more hair)
- More Animals
(I'm happy with what we have, but I feel as though it's missing some important ones)
(Example In Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate animal addition they had to where there was a number amount of different Lions/Tigers/Jaguars/Bears etc. You click the type of animal you would like and it would come up with different animal species.) (People who don't know, watch a video to get a idea of what I mean. Personally it's helpful and organized.)
- Butterfly enclosure

Negatives

Pretty much what is mentioned and needed from above. The game is not really player friendly, and sometimes difficult to control or lay down those perfect paths/fences/barriers.
  • The shops/buildings are too hard to snap onto the themed buildings especially when it's trying to connect to a certain path nearby.
- A charge for 3 animals to be put into your zoo.
(I don't want to pay a extra 9.99 for more animals to be put in my zoo. And I could care less on the extras)
- Guests complain about "Tickets are underpriced"
(I'm not sure why this is a negative lol)
- Staff buildings/shops have a negative impact on guests <---Shops no longer have a negative impact 11/27/19?
(I personally don't mind seeing these both in zoos so I'm not sure why it's treated as a negative impact)
(Example of what negative impacts should be - A lot of animal poo, dirty enclosures, full trash cans) <----updates to negative impacts, such as litter and thrown food. 12/17/19
- Easier to sign up and play the Beta.
(This game needed a lot more feedback before it did get released.)
- Some of plants and trees are Blocky looking.
(I'm not sure if it's just the settings I am using)
  • 1 way glass doesn't always face the right way
  • Too much clicking
(removing trees/plants, etc there's just too much clicking involved)
- Too much talking on scenario mode
(They talk on and on and on - I just want to complete the scenario and learn more without their jokes and without them talking so much)
- Scenario mode doesn't teach a lot and gets me frustrated.
(I learned more just doing things myself in sandbox mode.)

Questionable

- Crashes
(With no autosave, a crash could ruin some hard work and time I put into the game.)
+ I don't crash anymore from guest limits since last update. Knock on wood - Update
- The Zookeepers are driving me mad.
(They ignore the enclosures - Too many pop ups about enclosures might cause dieases/Animals are hungry!)
+ Keeping 1 zookeeper and caretaker for each enclosure helps with this, but not everything yet. Prehaps making more zookeeper huts? - Update
- Too many negative popups
(I can't even play and enjoy the animals without taking care of staff not taking care of the hungry animals etc)
+ Less negative popups since I fixed how I ran each zookeeper and caretaker. Some pop up not as much. - Update
- The Bugs
(example: Staff/guests are walking backwards - Not a huge deal, but less bugs more appealing to everyone.)
+ Bugs are getting fixed everyday, I am happy there is such a good team working on these.

If anyone else has any tips/tricks to make a park better let me know. :) Thanks.

My experiance with the game

The first day I played this game I was fedup with how the fences and paths were placed down. They aren't the way I want to place them down and I can't seem to get them perfect. It wasn't as simple as most games. That alone made me want to quit and get a refund for the game. And I am still debating to get a refund as this game sometimes pushes me to my limits with my patience for it. I also was annoyed with there's no bulldozer button I thought this was something major the game should have had. I automatically was also put off about the varity of animals in the game. There was animals I thought ontop of my head where I wanted to get, but they weren't in the game. This game needs a lot of patience when you are new to the game to get a hang of how the game just works.

Last edited:
Animal Suggestions -

Moose
Penguins
Polar Bear <--- 12/17/19 with artic pack
Koala
Dingo
Kangeroo
Viscacha
HedgeHog
Parrots/Hawk/Birds
Artic Fox/Foxes
Wombats
Capybara
Sloths
Elk
Reindeer <---- 12/17/19 with artic pack
Otters
Fruit Bat/Vampire Bat/Bats
Przewalski's horse
tasmanian devil
Meerkats
Alligator
Alligator snapping turtle

Planet Zoo: Deluxe Upgrade Pack:
*Pygmy Hippopotamus
*Thomson’s Gazelle
*Komodo Dragon

Artic Pack:
*Polar Bears
* Reindeer
*Artic Wolf
*Dall Sheep

Last edited:

heatherg23

Volunteer Moderator
Please do not discussing one another, call them names or derail this thread. Please keep it on the topic of Feedback that was posted. Had to delete many posts.
Thanks so much!

For the one way glass I THINK you have to go clockwise for it to be on the right side.
I had to look this up today to see if there was a button for it. That was handy they put it in there.

But I do wish it was already on the right way. Sometimes I get the glass on the right way and other parts it's on the wrong way.

Please do not discussing one another, call them names or derail this thread. Please keep it on the topic of Feedback that was posted. Had to delete many posts.
Thanks so much!
I'm confused here. We were on topic of this thread? OP mentioned in their post about the animal count, and I was stating why I disagreed with that comment. There are many threads, like threads about the timespeed, that have allowed differing opinions discuss. Are you saying we're not allowed to post on feedback threads unless we agree with the OP?

I'm honestly confused as to why I'm not allowed to voice my opinion.

So? I can only reply if I respond to all your feedback? I have just as much right to voice my opinion as you are. And telling me to "just drop the subject already" is the same as telling me I'm not allowed to voice my opinion, which isn't a thing on these forums.
I am not saying you can't voice your opinions, but you can also voice your opinions but in a mature way. Like I said above this isn't a thread about wanting more animals, and that's what you seem to be picking up on and assuming that's what the main post is all about. I won't say anymore as we talk more off topic then more posts get hidden.

Thank you.

heatherg23

Volunteer Moderator
I'm confused here. We were on topic of this thread? OP mentioned in their post about the animal count, and I was stating why I disagreed with that comment. There are many threads, like threads about the timespeed, that have allowed differing opinions discuss. Are you saying we're not allowed to post on feedback threads unless we agree with the OP?

I'm honestly confused as to why I'm not allowed to voice my opinion.
Anyone can respond to the feedback posted as long as it's in a civil manner and without calling people names. We all have to accept each other's opinions graciously even if we don't agree.

I wasn't calling anyone names nor being uncivil. If voicing facts why we disagree is already uncivil, no discussion can ever happen. I read Silouhettes posts the other day. She also just stated facts. The deleting of the posts shock me, really. Basically we are not allowed to disagree nor point out where people see something as negative that is in fact a feature and they are just doing things (using 1-way glass) wrong.

Hi LovelyLisa!

The "complaint" about Tickets being underpriced is just a reminder for us managers that we can up the price and earn more money 😉🥳
I like your ideas about picnic areas and entertainers!

I always raise the prices until they say it's "good". Unless I am in a foul mood. Than I raise it until it's "fine". Visitors seems to like that word :)
If you want more visitors, and you have the money, just pay for an advertising campaign.

Hi LovelyLisa!

The "complaint" about Tickets being underpriced is just a reminder for us managers that we can up the price and earn more money 😉🥳
I like your ideas about picnic areas and entertainers!
Hi FridaShines,

I know it's a reminder, but we should have a option to turn it off in sandbox mode. It's just sometimes hard to find a balance, but also not a big deal just a suggestion. :)

But I would assume it would be helpful on franchise mode without a doubt.

And thanks for your reply, and support :) Hope we get a pinic area :)

Last edited:
I always raise the prices until they say it's "good". Unless I am in a foul mood. Than I raise it until it's "fine". Visitors seems to like that word :)
If you want more visitors, and you have the money, just pay for an advertising campaign.
Hehe, that is true. :)

I don't think I can have much more guests in my zoo. I'm crashing/lagging ever since I got past 2k Guests. :( That's why I also suggested that we can limit guests as this might help with lag and crash issues.

Browsing the forums I seen a post of someone mentioning Guest Limits are out now from their latest patch. :) Thanks for adding this Frontier :)

Today's update

Hello Zookeepers!

Update 1.0.3 is now available for Planet Zoo and contains over 400 fixes and updates! We've condensed all those fixes down into this bitesize bundle of information to make things easier for you! You'll find a number of fixes for crashes, water treatment balancing, and a load of new options for Sandbox Mode so you can focus more on your animals' happiness!

Here are the Update Notes:

Planet Zoo - 1.0.3 Update Notes

This update contains over 400 fixes and updates.

Stability
  • Further crash and stability fixes.
  • Fixed crash on frontend.
Sandbox
  • Added a series of new options to customise your play -
    • Power usage
    • Water treatment
    • Fence degradation
    • Predation/fear
    • Death by old age
    • Staff happiness degradation
    • Staff energy degradation
    • Animal welfare needs
    • Maximise guest happiness
    • Freeze guest needs
  • Guest limit setting now added to sandbox and challenge mode too.
  • Unlocked assets in scenarios when they are loaded in sandbox and challenge mode.
  • Fixed issue with assets grouped with guest entrances not being able to be deleted.
Facilities
  • Balanced water treatment facilities. They should now clean dirty water more effectively.
Inspector
  • Fixed bug with the inspector incorrectly reporting dehydrated and starving animals.
Animals
  • Fixed animals being able to be dehydrated whilst swimming.
  • Fixed bug when cancelling an animal move from the vet surgery which could cause the animal to become stuck.
  • Fixed bug whereby small animals navigating over scenery could end up inside it.
  • Fixed issue where animals could become stuck in vet surgery when player cancels moving them whilst they are receiving treatment.
  • Balanced exhibit animal defecation rates.
  • Various animation fixes and polish.
  • Fixed issue when entering and exiting Ansel whilst in orbit camera the camera could relocate to a distant point.
Feeders
  • Suspended high grazer occupancy increased from 1 to 4 animals.
Staff
  • Fixed bug with small barrel feeder which could cause the keeper to flip upside down when refilling it.
  • Added staff thought for staff that can't reach their workzone.
  • Fixed further staff animation issues.
  • Fix for vendor becoming stuck when undoing deletion of a shop.
Guests
  • Fixed protesters and some guests in queues not fleeing escaped animals.
  • Fixed bug causing guests to sometimes pop in to the air whilst walking.
Scenarios
  • Updated the layout of scenario 4, adding staff buildings, staff and path layout, and lowered objective requirements.
  • Updated workzones in scenario 5 and reduced gold objective requirements.
  • Further balancing of scenario 7.
UI
  • Fixed further instance that could cause pressing 'X' to stop toggling between rotate and movement modes.
  • Added notifications for keepers in workzones which don't contain exhibits or habitats.
  • Fixed 'Release to wild' option being available on animal info panel for animals that have been bought for cash.
  • Fixed bug causing the time/weather UI close 'X' button to become unresponsive.
  • Fixed issue where 'Navigable Area' would not update on an animal's info panel whilst it was climbing.
  • Fixed bug where typing in the loan repayment amount was being reset to the lowest repayments.
  • Reduced amount of notifications for exhibit animals mating.
  • Added option to hide blueprints in browser categories.
  • Updated 'sort' setting in various UI to be retained when switching between tabs.
  • Fixed bug when selecting certain areas of the globe in the frontend could cause the globe to flip upside-down.
  • Fixed missing 'Call Mechanic' button on transport station info panel.
  • Fixed bug with 'Send to Storage' button sometimes being inactive in animal info panel.
  • Fixed misreporting of food costs on habitat info panel.
Franchise Mode
  • Added fanfare for community challenge rewards.
Editing
  • Improved performance when moving train via multiselect button.
  • Bins and donation boxes should now be easier to place on undulating terrain.
  • Fixed missing torso when using avatar costumes on slim female avatars.
Audio
Various bug fixes and polish, including -
  • Added new ambient music tracks.
  • Tweaked the “eeuw” reaction behaviour to pooping.
  • Added a sub mix for headphones / stereo.
  • More crowd variations and individual reactions.
  • UI mix pass and additional audio.
  • Fixed an issue with ambient speakers self-obstructing and muffling the sound.
  • More variations to animal sounds
Thank you for your continued support and for sharing all your amazing screenshots and animal habitats!

Thanks again for the updates :)

Last updated added some great sandbox features, Keep up the good work!

Unlimited power/water treatment.
Staff's happiness/energy decreasing.
Shops no longer have a negative impact (Not sure if it's from this last update or from a previous one).
Guest happiness/energy doesn't decrease.
Guest limit freezes (It was annoying to have this ticked off everytime you would log on before)
+ More what is listed above.

I haven't tested this out yet but I'm still questionable about what disable animal welfare means? Like everything they want? (social, enrichment, habitat etc?) They should add something to tell us what it does.

These were some of my major improvements that I have previously suggested and which now it is in the game. I am very happy they are thinking alike or reading players suggestions. Thanks :)

I am hoping they add Bulldozer button and auto saves next. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom