My carrier actually made a little money...but I can't see what exactly did it

Says I've sold 12,120 cr in commodities. I have nothing for sale.
Says I sold 6 modules. I hope it isn't selling my modules but I have bought no module packages to sell.
Says I spent 505 on commodities. I don't have any set for sale or buy.
15 ships refueled. Might be my own ships each time I land, might be players. Can't tell.
4 ships repaired. I am in the habit of hitting rearm, refuel, repair so I'd think if I refueled 15 ships (I only have 4 on board) then I'd also have 15 repaired. It is possible that not all of my landings required a repair.
120 commodities exported (limpets maybe? That's about how many I picked up I think)
5 commodities imported. Limpets I sold that were overflow? Could be. So those credits from the top might be from the limpet transfers I did to myself.
Clearly these do need unpacking. I think you're likely right about the limpets.
This might have to be decrypted the old fashioned way with the old pen and paper (remember those? ;))

What an awesome idea. I know we can see more info than i realised. But CMDR names would be cool too!

I met my yearly upkeep in a day. Ive made 3 billion in 2 days. In less than a week Ive almost payed it off already. People moaning about this is hilarious to me.
You sure didn't do that with tariffs, selling ships and modules and trading passively (without having to load and unload yourself) alone, did you?

You sure didn't do that with tariffs, selling ships and modules and trading passively (without having to load and unload yourself) alone, did you?
Trading passively!

Regardless, don't be a sneaky Susan and try to move the goalposts here. The point was that Fleet Carriers aren't fit for purpose when demonstrably they are. I could never have made 3 billion in 2 days without the carrier's cargo capacity and jump range.

Last edited:
I have ascertained that the 25% taken from UC bonus credits for Firsts is deposited in the Carrier Account. It may also be that the % of all UC claims that represent the "carrier cut" (compared to what would be paid at stations) is also added in, but I have yet to test that specifically. For explorers this can be a considerable deposit that seems to come out of the black (pun intended). After my last 500ly exploration trip my carrier account had an additional 3,289,797cr I could not account for. Now it seems likely to have been as described above.

Update: I can't get the figures to match exactly because I don't know if the credits FC UC reports for exploradata and bonuses is before or after the FC cut (will take more digging around in uninteresting places), but it seems likely that all the cuts the FC UC module takes go into the Carrier account. Makes sense, as that could be how the module helps support the carrier.

Last edited:
I met my yearly upkeep in a day. Ive made 3 billion in 2 days. In less than a week Ive almost payed it off already. People moaning about this is hilarious to me.
Same here.
I made 6b in the last 4 days, well and truly paid off, even my balance is where it was before the purchase.
My FC has enough dough on it to last for the next 4 years.

Same here.
I made 6b in the last 4 days, well and truly paid off, even my balance is where it was before the purchase.
My FC has enough dough on it to last for the next 4 years.
Any chance you could tell us a little more about what you're doing to make that income? No criticism, I'm just curious to know what people are getting up to with them!

Any chance you could tell us a little more about what you're doing to make that income? No criticism, I'm just curious to know what people are getting up to with them!
I went LTD mining, that netted me about 5b. I hauled Tritium from refinery to carrier to station, that made me about 1b.
Even just jumping in a cargo hauler is worth it. Buy for 4k, sell for 84k, 80k profit/t, times 700 in a cutter = 56m profit right there. Now repeat a few times. I filled my carrier with 24000 tritium, sold off about 20000, so that's 1.6b right there.
I was buying the trit from others for 45k, so i don't have to fill up my ship on my own, while I was doing it too, I estimate about 300m outgoings for that, which brings the profit down to 1.3b credits.

Top Bottom