Most Wished for Scenery

I was wondering what people’s most wished for scenery and decorative pieces are. Myself I’d love some maps to make info board creation smoother. The Australia map piece is awesome but a smaller version would be appreciated. People make some awesome custom maps on the workshop but the piece count is super high so one map decal piece for each continent would be welcome.
What decorative/building pieces would you most like to see in game?

one map decal piece for each continent would be welcome

That's a great idea. I hope they expand the decal items. An emergency exit sign would be cool.

One thing I would like to have is more ceiling lamps for interiors of buildings, including fans. Some examples:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
ventilador-techo.jpg

I would like more wall murals, like the ones we got in the Aquatic pack. The items are very useful and versatile, I just wish we could get them for more biomes. It really livens up the barren walls in a habitat, and it's also realistic because you do see these kinds of decorations in zoos.
Also from the Aquatic Pack, I really like the art style of the new full-body painted silhouettes of the five new animals and I wish all the animals had decorations in that style.

In Planet Coaster we have the possibility to use borders which prevent that guests are walkling through walls, trees or what else. I wish to have those borders also in planet zoo. Also sometimes animals are climbing through trees, rocks or other things. That is not beautiful to look too. Maybe its possible to fix that or we get those borders.

I would love to have different sizes of the rounded pieces. Because now you can only make one specific shape with them and that's it. So different angles on the rounded and lenghts would be 👌
Also the roof! They are superhard to fit with the rounded ones as well. The fact that not every type of roof can do it makes it so hard to make a type of building

Another info board item I’d love to see is an IUCN red list board (they have these a lot in zoos). If you’re not aware, the red list is how the conservation status of species are assessed. When species are declared ‘endangered’ or ‘extinct in the wild’ that’s the category assigned by the red list.

I’d love decals of each of the categories (they’re colour coded so it’s green for least concern yellow for vulnerable red for critically endangered) to add a bit of realistic conservation education to zoos.

There's a lot of things, but I'll try to make a list of the ones I miss most:
  • More lamps, tables, chairs etc. to make realistic restaurants.
  • Themed objects from new regions: Southeast Asia, Middle East, perhaps Central America.
  • Faux rocks as a construction set with walls, shop fronts, doors etc. to create natural backgrounds in indoor habitats that are easier to fit in the space you have.
  • A construction set with simple modern tiles like this.
  • More wood and rock textures that look more realistic in a zoo.
  • Playground items (preferably as a facility that kids actually need).
  • Facilities for the disabled.
  • Exhibits in different sizes (some smaller, some bigger).
  • Construction pieces for aviaries (think of nets or chain link pieces in the same shapes in which we now have glass pieces).
  • Alternatives to the mulch patches (like sand, gravel, stones, grass) in the same shapes to make realistic planted areas.
  • Small items that are not aesthetic but make things more realistic, such as emergency exit signs, extinguishers.
  • Signs in different shapes (and new types of signs in general) to make them more easy to integrate in the environment.
  • Also simple wooden information signs (non-electric) like you see in real zoos.
  • More barriers, paths and path railings (we really only have very basic ones and many of the ones in game are not very common in zoos). I kinda miss zoo tycoon 2, where you cut put every kind of fence as a barrier and you had a lot of variety.

And I definitely agree with the things mentioned by others as well.

This kind of stuff is why I wish they'd consistently add some new decor pieces in periodic updates rather than the DLC and major updates. Leave those for the huge themed scenery packs, but periodic additions of different animal signs in existing styles and new benches would be nice. Granted, I'm sure all their time is spent ON the DLC so I can see why this isn't a thing.

Apple trees - or really, any temperate zone tree that has colorful fruit/flowers/something.
More ... decals similar to the clip board or other minor psudo-informative/news/text items. They don't need to be editable, or have specific info but I often make a post board in various areas that looks like a work board or a place where daily announcements might go.
Miscellaneous small items to fill in restaurants/eating areas, viewing areas etc.

Count Plants as Scenery? Would love all the Plants from Scenery Pieces, Exhibits, Staff Rooms... as single placable Plants. More Pieces like the Strangler Fig Roots and Fake Tree Pieces would be great (especially if they have Leaves). I do also sometimes think when I design something with dead Trees that a Fake Vulture would look great in that Tree. Maybe also some Bones for Carnivore Enclosures (could also be a Enrichment-Item).
Longer and shorter Ropes would also be great especially for the curved Ropes (the straight ones would only need a shorter Version (and please Frontier do finally fix them for Orangutans and Gorillas)

one map decal piece for each continent would be welcome.
Would really like this for a Reptile House

I would like more wall murals, like the ones we got in the Aquatic pack. The items are very useful and versatile, I just wish we could get them for more biomes. It really livens up the barren walls in a habitat, and it's also realistic because you do see these kinds of decorations in zoos.
Such Walls would be great

I really want screens you can import your own jpgs onto. I've got a load of stuff done in photoshop ready and waiting for this. We got them in planco - really want them for planet zoo.
I think they already confirmed that they are working on it

There's a lot of things, but I'll try to make a list of the ones I miss most:
  • More lamps, tables, chairs etc. to make realistic restaurants.
  • Themed objects from new regions: Southeast Asia, Middle East, perhaps Central America.
  • Faux rocks as a construction set with walls, shop fronts, doors etc. to create natural backgrounds in indoor habitats that are easier to fit in the space you have.
  • A construction set with simple modern tiles like this.
  • More wood and rock textures that look more realistic in a zoo.
  • Playground items (preferably as a facility that kids actually need).
  • Facilities for the disabled.
  • Exhibits in different sizes (some smaller, some bigger).
  • Construction pieces for aviaries (think of nets or chain link pieces in the same shapes in which we now have glass pieces).
  • Alternatives to the mulch patches (like sand, gravel, stones, grass) in the same shapes to make realistic planted areas.
  • Small items that are not aesthetic but make things more realistic, such as emergency exit signs, extinguishers.
  • Signs in different shapes (and new types of signs in general) to make them more easy to integrate in the environment.
  • Also simple wooden information signs (non-electric) like you see in real zoos.
  • More barriers, paths and path railings (we really only have very basic ones and many of the ones in game are not very common in zoos). I kinda miss zoo tycoon 2, where you cut put every kind of fence as a barrier and you had a lot of variety.

And I definitely agree with the things mentioned by others as well.
All of this sounds great especially the Rock Walls and the Grass Pieces (can be really annoying to build Enclosures that are sunken into the Ground/higher than the Ground because it isn't possible to get the Terrain right and Moss Pieces just look too different
Need more metal bars, flashing, fencing in stainless and recolourable.
Would be great

I wish:

- Different sized roof pieces, smaller but also larger, longer and narrower.
Higher and lower

- Triangle pieces for roofs so that I can connect roofs with a nice sloping edge if one roof ends higher than the other, or vice versa.

- More choice of wall pieces, so that you can also create large arches and not always just these small unit heights.

- Very small pieces of wall, so that if you only want to close a small gap, do not wall up half the window or block other building projects.
Everything under one meter is very desirable, regardless of whether it is length or height.

- Even larger pieces of wall to save parts

- Much, much more small parts ..
At PZ everything is always intended for BIG objects.
I want to be able to build filigree.
Small, narrow plates, small stamping tools, small balls, small sticks and the like. Less than 1 meter.
Small decorative figures!
It would be nice if you can change the size yourself.

- Shop panels, the animation of the sellers would NOT have to be changed without the building outside.
So that I can build small stalls, not just big stores.

If possible with a flexible orientation on the paths.

- Decorations for the shops in the form of the goods and accessories, production sites (hats, chips, deep fryers, grill and much more)
To fill shelves yourself and design the sales areas.

Some effects would be very nice. A small sausage grill, or one for chicken, or pizza oven, where steam comes out, or maybe the products change a little.
An effect if you use better grills, for example, would also be nice, so that the goods can be sold faster, the guest is happy about better food and the seller also thinks it is great to have such good work equipment.

- Cotton candy ... I miss a cotton candy cart. Where cotton candy is also prepared, not just bags. I know that zoos have such a small stall / car (not a big shop).

Just like for chestnuts or pretzels.

- Other food bowls and water troughs, also for the fountain that constantly drips water. Perhaps in an angular version, with a deeper trough.

- More coloring options, I often miss this for different parts.

- PLEASE finally give us the opportunity to downsize this terrible construction menu. It always bothers me that a third of my screen is covered by the menu. That makes my work more difficult and often my view too. PLEASE give me the option to either reduce this menu significantly or hide it completely. Even the road construction menu is often too big for me.

I would wish for the whole thing and of course much more. Maybe that will be brought in at some point.

Thank you and everyone have a nice day

More choice of wall pieces, so that you can also create large arches and not always just these small unit heights.
Absolutely agree. There is a half Arch Piece but it's only available for 1 or 2 Sets which is really annoying when you want to build something with it but you can't because it doesn't exist for the used Set

Your other Ideas are also great

Top Bottom