Max spec PC

Hi all,

What sort of specs are you guys with big zoos running? I’m trying to get a feel for what would be required to run a full sandbox map?

thanks!

I have a asus zephyrs laptop. It plays workshop zoos highly detailed pretty well. Some lag but still playable for sure. My specs are cpu i7 9750. Rtx 2060 gpu. 16gb ram. Keep in mind even the best desktop pc struggles with a highly detailed full map. There’s several theories why this is ranging from the way the games optimized amongst other things too. I’m used to it tho I’m yet to play a open sandbox game that didn’t lag when adding a ton of objects ect.

Last edited:
Hi all,

What sort of specs are you guys with big zoos running? I’m trying to get a feel for what would be required to run a full sandbox map?

thanks!

I purchased a gaming laptop because of Planet Zoo, and even though I had no prior experience with video games, was well aware that the game could be quite problematic and demanding when it came to specs, as Planet Coaster had thousands of player complaints in relation to poor performance. In short my system has an i9 and 64gb ram, and at the time of purchasing I was told there was nothing better suited for Planet Zoo, not sure if that is still the case today, as it has been almost a year since the purchase. I do have to admit that in comparison to what I had when the Beta came out is night and day, it handles the game quite well, however it is frustrating that even in this system there is substantial lag at some point. Taking into account that this laptop set me back 5k, it is irritating that even this system can not fully handle the game, that is just nonsense.

However I would absolutely recommend something with the same specs if your intentions are to built a very large and detailed zoo. In sandbox with a full map, in Ultra settings, an extremely high piece count and around 200 animals the game can be played with minimal lag. Keep in mind that is with a close zoo and no rides, the moment the visitors come in, it is all over. So even though it is possible to fill the full map, and create an incredibly realistic zoo with a large amount of detail, it seems impossible to do all of this the way the game was intended to be played.

In my case, not having any visitors is actually a plus, since I really hate the way they look, however, being restricted to less than 200 animals and unable to place any rides in the zoo is definitely very disappointing. I wonder if upcoming future systems will handle the game better, even though some of the techy players that visit the forum have stated that it is not our systems, but frontiers outdated game engine that causes the problem. This is difficult for me to understand, because Frontier definitely does not lack capital, and Planet Zoo is an amazing game, so why build it in such a poor platform?

Top Bottom