Make the worst DLC possible

I know you don’t use mods here, but I know a damn good amount of people do, [...]
I do, and i love them. Why? I can tell you that, if the mods didn't exist, I probably wouldn't play anymore, because the animals that I prefer simply don't exist and probably never will. I love what you do and it adds to the game in a completely different way. Thank you for doing that, but that many are just not nice, instead of either ignoring it or just being quiet!

I’m clearly not welcome here and all I wish for is to push my political agenda or whatever was mentioned before. Lord forbid I break the mold for once lol
Please don't think that way, I'm sure that not everyone here thinks that way about you and the other modders. There are simply people who cannot accept other opinions and views. You can see it wonderfully in the europe "yes or no" discussion - Different people have different preferences. I would probably give up my right leg for a pack of only birds, but i don't need a pack of monkeys only. That's my opinion and i don't try to force it on anyone else. We are all different people from different countries and we all speak different languages, what unites us is the love for this game. Instead of working against each other, we should much rather try to shape the game together. So please please please ... don't argue. (I feel like an old guy with a long gray beard right now ... lol)

Oh, and by the way, I thought your joke was magnificent!

Which Signs? It would be horrible if we wouldn't get a second Animal Pack. In my Opinion North America and Europe both deserve Animal Packs
Let me explain:
1. NA pack being continental pack is closer to 4+1 type like every other continental pack in the game. (Probably NA and Europe packs will be the only last standard packs)
2. Theory: Frontier intentionally used shortcut ,,AF,, for Africa Pack theme instead of ,,NA ,,(theme name is North Africa), because they are planning North American scenery.
3. December release is going to heavily focus on animals (birds very likely), so next dlc is going to be 4+1 to equalize number of animal and standard packs in 2021. (2 and 2)
4. Also working on december pack probably takes a lot of resources, so they are doing standard pack next to reduce the workload.
I am sure we will get another one at some point, just maybe not the next one according to some people.
This. If september release is animal pack, then definitely will be about something else than North America.

Oh forgive me. I didn’t realize I had a lack of knowledge, especially for being a zoo hobbyist for around well over 15 years. It had completely slipped my mind that AZA stands for Association for Zoos and Arthropods… wait.

My clear intention for marine animals is no more ridiculous than the inclusion of the Lesser Antillean Iguana or the Proboscis Monkey. I have been to zoos, not just aquariums that display Marine Mammals ranging from Manatees to Dolphins to fish to Sea Lions and more. It just so happens that this has overlap with aquariums, but normal zoo animals have overlap with aquariums as well, I’ve been to aquariums with Tamarins and Monkeys hopping around. No different situation - it simply happens. But of course, I must know nothing about zoo’s when I say I want marine mammals in a fictional video game lol

Plus, this is a game, I shouldn’t have to have knowledge in order to make suggestions. The whole point of games are to represent fictional worlds in which the impossible can be possible. Again, Lesser Antillean Iguanas are RARELY found in captivity yet they’re in the game. You are wholeheartedly discrediting my opinions and my intents when I advocate for more innovative and challenging DLC’s as opposed to a vanilla and uninspired DLC wishlist.

But here’s the thing - I’m not anti-animal. Once again, I am BOLDLY advocating for a North American Animal Pack though current signs point in a different direction. And again, to point out, how could I be anti-animal when I have personally had a hand in developing over 80+ new species in the game, for free? I go unrewarded for most of the time in development of new species for the game, which makes my ambitions all the more clear. I actively want and create more animals in a zoos game. I know you don’t use mods here, but I know a damn good amount of people do, and at least they can recognize my intention to bring more often than not overlooked yet integral species to the game. I remember people were hard-pressed when the Platypus and Emu were overlooked in the Australia Pack, the Sloth Bear from SEA, heck, I’ve filled the niche of Aquatic Animals and Farm Animals for you all should you finally choose on your own ambition to use mods. I’m nowhere near the graphical artist that J or BH are, but I do my damn best in order to get integral species into the game. But that’s right, I’m not a zoo person so I couldn’t possibly know anything there is to know about keystone species in zoos around the world, lol. Just another anti-animal builder, I guess!

But I’m not even anti-Frontier animal. I’m against the idea that we’re restricted to such small packs too. I have been the one advocating for them to raise the price point up a notch to include more animals and more scenery. You can’t tell me I’m wrong for wanting the best of both worlds?

I’m just tired of it man. This forum is not open to new ideas that go against the grain to the stagnant opinions whatsoever - and you instantly turn on me and claim me to know nothing about a field I genuinely show an interest in, have been pushing myself to learn more about well over half my life, and a hobby I have come to love. I thought I could make a funny joke about this meme in the community that I wasn’t a fan of the SEA pack but you all took that and started to make these false accusations against me. It’s no wonder why people find this place to be toxic, I thought I could integrate myself in here and serve as a bridge betwixt content creator and forum fan but I guess not. I’m clearly not welcome here and all I wish for is to push my political agenda or whatever was mentioned before. Lord forbid I break the mold for once lol
Leaf, I want to apologize if I’ve ever seemed anti mod because I’m DEFINITELY not. I’m just waiting until support ends to use them and I play more franchise than anything right now so it doesn’t make sense for me to use them right now. I appreciate all you do and can’t wait to see the full potential of mods like the old zt2 days. I also would love marine animals and I hate how closed minded the community is at times. But I do think there is definitely this crusade against animal packs in a way. And the joke you said is fine of course. As it is also fine to have the opposite opinion. The only thing I say is to stick to it. Stick to the intention you had because it’s ok. It’s good for us to disagree. I love animal packs you don’t and that’s fine. I feel like there has been a lot of unnecessary hatred thrown from both sides. But I don’t want you to feel like we don’t appreciate you cause we certainly do. We just feel like our voices are silenced sometimes so we speak louder. I apologize for any part I play in the negativity

Ooh, the Poachers Pack

We give poachers a taste of their own medicine but stuffing them in tiny cages.

1 animal: the poacher (no interspecies enrichment [I wonder why])
Building pieces: buildable crates, and tiny cages; maybe a pet carriage cage

For the price of $42 (ok, I'm sorry, that's getting old, but I had to)

Ooh, the Poachers Pack

We give poachers a taste of their own medicine but stuffing them in tiny cages.

1 animal: the poacher (no interspecies enrichment [I wonder why])
Building pieces: buildable crates, and tiny cages; maybe a pet carriage cage

For the price of $42 (ok, I'm sorry, that's getting old, but I had to)
I love it. Please also add Torture Methods. For example a high pitched Noise that plays every few Minutes in their way to small Cage. I think you've misread it as ,,make the best DLC possible"😂

I love it. Please also add Torture Methods. For example a high pitched Noise that plays every few Minutes in their way to small Cage. I think you've misread it as ,,make the best DLC possible"😂
Of course. For enrichment: piñatas and curio ball (hey, even a poacher needs to party).

Hey, @Leaf Productions, if Frontier doesn't add this obvious DLC, think you can do it for us? I would pay for this ($42, I couldn't resist😂🙈)

Oh forgive me. I didn’t realize I had a lack of knowledge, especially for being a zoo hobbyist for around well over 15 years. It had completely slipped my mind that AZA stands for Association for Zoos and Arthropods… wait.

My clear intention for marine animals is no more ridiculous than the inclusion of the Lesser Antillean Iguana or the Proboscis Monkey. I have been to zoos, not just aquariums that display Marine Mammals ranging from Manatees to Dolphins to fish to Sea Lions and more. It just so happens that this has overlap with aquariums, but normal zoo animals have overlap with aquariums as well, I’ve been to aquariums with Tamarins and Monkeys hopping around. No different situation - it simply happens. But of course, I must know nothing about zoo’s when I say I want marine mammals in a fictional video game lol

Plus, this is a game, I shouldn’t have to have knowledge in order to make suggestions. The whole point of games are to represent fictional worlds in which the impossible can be possible. Again, Lesser Antillean Iguanas are RARELY found in captivity yet they’re in the game. You are wholeheartedly discrediting my opinions and my intents when I advocate for more innovative and challenging DLC’s as opposed to a vanilla and uninspired DLC wishlist.
See, this is exactly the point. Let's review for a second.

You came in here with a tired joke about the SEA Pack being the worst DLC possible. Whether you were really just joking or not, this still reflects the position of a lot of people in the modding community and in the content creation community, and more than once it's a position that has been held at the expense of those who think the exact opposite. Obviously some people understood the connotation of your 'joke' because you got called out on it, and then you tried to cover yourself with "it's just a joke lol don't take it so seriously" or something to that effect.

Then I shared an opinion contrary to yours about marine animals, and damn if you aren't taking it personally. Not a great reflection.

Believe it or not, but I don't know everything about you, nor do I really want to know. Prior to this post, all I knew about you was that you made mods and wanted dolphins or whatever in the game, because you wanted the rigs to make new mods. Not once have I seen you advocate for any kind of animal in the game based on whatever knowledge you might have of zoos, your entire opinion from my point of view seemed to be based on what you needed to make new mods. I don't have a problem with that, I just disagreed.

I made an assumption about your zoo knowledge because to be frank most people who advocate for marine animals don't really have a great understanding of marine animals in zoos and aquariums, beyond seeing them and thinking they're cool or taking a reactionary counter-position to a barely significant documentary like Blackfish. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I wasn't working with much. In any event my opinion on the subject is no less valid than yours.

See, this is exactly the point. Let's review for a second.

You came in here with a tired joke about the SEA Pack being the worst DLC possible. Whether you were really just joking or not, this still reflects the position of a lot of people in the modding community and in the content creation community, and more than once it's a position that has been held at the expense of those who think the exact opposite. Obviously some people understood the connotation of your 'joke' because you got called out on it, and then you tried to cover yourself with "it's just a joke lol don't take it so seriously" or something to that effect.

Then I shared an opinion contrary to yours about marine animals, and damn if you aren't taking it personally. Not a great reflection.

Believe it or not, but I don't know everything about you, nor do I really want to know. Prior to this post, all I knew about you was that you made mods and wanted dolphins or whatever in the game, because you wanted the rigs to make new mods. Not once have I seen you advocate for any kind of animal in the game based on whatever knowledge you might have of zoos, your entire opinion from my point of view seemed to be based on what you needed to make new mods. I don't have a problem with that, I just disagreed.

I made an assumption about your zoo knowledge because to be frank most people who advocate for marine animals don't really have a great understanding of marine animals in zoos and aquariums, beyond seeing them and thinking they're cool or taking a reactionary counter-position to a barely significant documentary like Blackfish. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I wasn't working with much. In any event my opinion on the subject is no less valid than yours.
I understand your need to defend yourself, but its just Not very nice to claim that somebody just Lacks knowladge or anything, just because they have a diffrent opinion.
Also how was He supoused to Not take things personally when there were multiple posts attacking him directly and personally?
Cant we just live and let live and stop to try and gatekeep opinions, cause thats what happening here, be it disrespecting his opinion because of persumed lack of knowledge or trying to pressure him into liking or disliking something, just because the majority thinks so?
Sorry but thats Not criticing or debating, that what happend here was just bullying someone for non conforming.
And thats pretty terrible to be quite frank.
Again im Not saying that was anybodys intention, but that was what happend.
So pls guys just leave this poor man alone and any other person With a diffrent opinion.
Debating is great!
Bashing someone because of a post in a post thread isnt.
You guys are all adults and i or anybody else really should not need to point out that what happend here was not okay

Why are you immediately putting me down as someone who doesn't know anything about zoos? I have been going to zoos since before I was born, so I obviously know some things about zoos.
I'm not. I worded my post poorly - to clarify, I feel the same way about marine animals that perhaps you feel about whatever ideas you think are "stupid". I only highlighted that one idea because it's a popular one, both here and elsewhere, and I know it's an idea Leaf likes, and since the contention started with his comment I named him as an example.

When I said "to me it shows a lack of knowledge", I didn't mean that you or Leaf literally lack knowledge, what I meant was, and perhaps what I should have been more clear on, is that in the past most support for marine animals comes from Zoo Tycoon nostalgia with little understanding or care about the way the zoo community is heading with regards to those kinds of animals. I wasn't trying to suggest that you or anyone literally holds this view now, just that it's an assumption I tend to make when the idea is brought up because of how it's come up in the past. In short, that assumption is one of the reasons I don't like the idea.

There's also the point that, as I highlighted above, a lot of people write-off the contrary opinion on marine animals as something to do with PETA or Blackfish, so they don't consider any of those opinions as valid. Or, in other cases, people simply aren't willing to believe the new information we're always learning about captive marine animals because they don't want to confront the fact that Frontier might take that into consideration.

As I said, every opinion is valid, and no idea is actually stupid. I was trying to address the fact that just because an idea is popular or unpopular doesn't actually mean the idea is good or bad.

Planet Poo
Is there a new Planet Game coming up, I didn't hear about? 🙃 Managing public Toilets and Sewers?

Back to the original Topic :

Micro Zoo Pack

Tardigrade
Paramecium
Some kind of Amoeba
Pithovirus

Guests will watch them through Microscopes and there's no Way for the Player to see those Animals/Viruses except on the Icon and in the Zoopedia

Is there a new Planet Game coming up, I didn't hear about? 🙃 Managing public Toilets and Sewers?

Back to the original Topic :

Micro Zoo Pack

Tardigrade
Paramecium
Some kind of Amoeba
Pithovirus

Guests will watch them through Microscopes and there's no Way for the Player to see those Animals except on the Icon and in the Zoopedia
Are we playing ranger or why is the forbiden gang of "haha guys i guess i dont have to ever run" joining the team?

Theres a game called Ranger, where you have two lines of people on a field and a catcher in the middle.
Every player needs to choose an animal and when the game starts the catcher, also called ranger, asks for all animals with a certain trait, for example all animals that have four legs.
If the trait applies to your animal you have to Run to the otherside of the field and If the ranger catches you, you have to stand still at the place he caught you, with everyone you touch being caught aswell.
This goes one until the Majority of people are catched and your down to just 2-5 runners left. Then you Start a countdown of the last finite amount of question, and everyone Not catched After the lets say five last question has won.
Very fun game, especally when you need to entertain groups of 20+ people, especally children.
But the Hang is one of the Strategies to win/Not having to run is to choose a living being that you can argue being an animal while having none of the common traits, but After a while Most of the times we banned amoebas and similar kinds of creatures.
But my beloved seaurchin never got banned ;)

Oooh all this arguing reminds me of the good old Zoo Tycoon 2 forum days. A discussion would start off with "I wish we had ocelots in the game" and a few hours later I'd come back and find people arguing whether or not God exists and calling each other uneducated morons, then someone would delete their account or something along those lines. Some things never change haha.

Oooh all this arguing reminds me of the good old Zoo Tycoon 2 forum days. A discussion would start off with "I wish we had ocelots in the game" and a few hours later I'd come back and find people arguing whether or not God exists and calling each other uneducated morons, then someone would delete their account or something along those lines. Some things never change haha.
Ahhh Zt2 was a magical time!

Top Bottom