ANNOUNCEMENT Livestream Update 08/20

Greetings CMDRs! MalForTheWin here - I'm an Elite Dangerous content creator, podcaster, space enthusiast, and amateur astronomer.

https://twitch.tv/malforthewin
https://discord.io/MalForTheWin (the Dogs of Lore community Discord)
https://youtube.com/c/malforthewin
https://twitter.com/malforthewin
https://flightassistpodcast.com/

Twitch is my main content creation platform at current. I stream exclusively Elite Dangerous right now as far as gaming, with the occasional co-stream of SpaceX and NASA launches when they happen. In game, I love to focus on helping out new commanders, doing live tutorials, and exploring every aspect of the game (including exploring - see what I did there?). We're also starting to run regular community events, and I'd love to see you there!

Our Elite Dangerous community - the Dogs of Lore - is really active in-game, with a squadron on PC and XBox, all supporting a player minor faction.

YouTube is going to be kicking off with regular content this month, starting first with an in-game role playing action-comedy series, followed by a science education series presented using Elite Dangerous and Space Engine. Think "Real-world science in the Elite Dangerous galaxy." No set schedule on these yet, so drop a sub over on YouTube or a follow on Twitter for updates on all this content.

And then there's the unexpectedly successful Flight Assist Podcast, where CMDR Psykit and I interview a different commander or organization each week to talk about their experiences in Elite, what we love about the game, and what we hope for the future. "Nav-locked on Commanders and Communities" is the tagline, and it's exactly what we're all about. New episodes drop every Monday morning at 05:00 UTC, and it's available on all major podcast apps, as well as the website.

I’m live on Twitch Tuesdays (and occasionally Thursdays) at 22:00 UTC, and Saturday & Sunday at 15:00UTC. Come by and hang out - I'd love to fly with you!

- Mal

P.S. @Enderprize_ @Brother Sabathius and @Cmdr_Picard are all FANTASTIC and EXTREMELY ENGAGING content creators and worthy of inclusion in any group.

Last edited:
Howdy folks!

My name is grinning_crow. I'm a tech nerd and space enthusiast as well as a content creator (primarily on Twitch). My stream is comprised of a relaxed, conversational atmosphere punctuated with bouts of wild in-game theories as we do first impressions with the on-going stories. I've been playing the game since February and streaming it since April, focused primarily on lore, roleplay, and exploration.

Additionally, would love to have you folks along for one of our "Lore Tours" where we walk through how a storyline was discovered and what each point in that storyline brings (what questions are answered or introduced)

LIVE STREAMS
Tuesday and Thursday - 7 CDT to Midnight
Saturday - 5 CDT to 10 CDT

LINKS
Discord
Twitch
Twitter

Greetings Commanders,

Earlier in this year, due to the COVID-19 outbreak we made the decision to work from home, and as a result, we were unable to continue our regular livestream schedule. Instead the Frontier community team pulled together a list of content creators and hosted them on our own Twitch channel, through a weekly schedule and newsletter.

After several months we have had to adapt and make changes so that we are able to stream from our homes. I am happy to say that we are now confident enough to resume our weekly scheduled livestreams, and that we will be moving away from our Frontier Developments Twitch Channel to the official Elite Dangerous Twitch channel from now on. We also aim to return streaming on YouTube in the following weeks.

Our regular steams will be on Monday's 11:00 (UTC)/12:00 (BST) and Thursday's 18:00 (UTC)/19:00 (BST).

Monday's steams will predominantly be our new series 'Supercruise News' and Thursday's livestream will be focused on other series such as 'Stargazing Tours', 'Galactic Intern', 'Featured Commanders' etc.

We will continue to update you on our weekly schedule on our Livestream Announcement Thread. Although we aim to continue our streams every Monday and Thursday, the dates and times may change depending on any announcements.

Although the stream quality is not always perfect, we are continuing to work on surpassing our technical restrictions to produce the best streaming quality as possible.

In addition to this update, we wanted to discuss the recent announcement of our Content Collaboration Programme that some of you may have heard about from your favourite creators. It is true that we have reached out to several content creators and we have asked them to work alongside us as we focus on creating online content towards the release of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. We are trying this new programme with a select few to try and develop and grow our communication online for Elite Dangerous, and Odyssey.

If you are not part of this programme, please do not worry, we still hope to work with more content creators and include as many as you as possible in future updates. From this, can I ask all content creators (both in the programme and outside of it) that want to be featured in our bi-weekly newsletter, or want to be hosted by our channel to post your weekly streaming schedules on this thread. We still aim to support content creators who are not currently in the prorgamme, and if you have any questions please contact myself or the team directly.

o7
Please require any content creators you partner with to clearly and fully disclose the special relationship on any ED video or stream they post.

"Content creators" is also poorly used term for most streamers because they aren't creating content for the game, but for whatever platform they are trying to monetize.

Marketing Partner or affiliate would be a better term.

I never appreciate when a company I do business with, or buy from, attempts to sway a select few to influence others without disclosing it. This is a corrupt practice at worst and sneaky/misleading and distasteful at best. Customers and potential customers and even the public in general, deserve to know if a company, particularly a publicly traded one, has any sort of relationship or has given anything to someone providing opinions and commentary on their product(s).

I would much rather FD straight up pay the creators of Sagittarius Eye and Lave Radio for example, and have that fully disclosed, and push them to exceed what FD seems limited to achieving on their own in those spaces. To see FD futz about with undisclosed special relationships with "several content creators" doesn't delight me. Instead it lowers my opinion of FD.

Get the Pilot in this ! And as much as the characture of The YAMIKS may frustrate FDev they should be invited also.
FD may feel a need to distance from Yamiks due to his language, and he can of course be a bit insulting the way he delivers his negative feedback, but to me he obviously loves the game and he does compliment it when he feels a good pat on the back is deserved (and if you pay for something I think you have every right to criticize it or recommend fixes for perceived flaws- especially in this category of live-service mmo or whatever you want to call it. He's different to me than folks on the forum that question everything about FD in often obviously immature or stupid ways.

In fact, some of his feedback is spot on and so detailed it clearly maps out fixes for gaping exploits and poor design. Like FD could ask him for criticism on the side and create a quick-fix list of items to work on. His commentaries on exploits and general improvements needed to engineering and also fleet carrier markets for example.

FD may feel a need to distance from Yamiks due to his language, and he can of course be a bit insulting the way he delivers his negative feedback, but to me he obviously loves the game and he does compliment it when he feels a good pat on the back is deserved (and if you pay for something I think you have every right to criticize it or recommend fixes for perceived flaws- especially in this category of live-service mmo or whatever you want to call it. He's different to me than folks on the forum that question everything about FD in often obviously immature or stupid ways.

In fact, some of his feedback is spot on and so detailed it clearly maps out fixes for gaping exploits and poor design. Like FD could ask him for criticism on the side and create a quick-fix list of items to work on. His commentaries on exploits and general improvements needed to engineering and also fleet carrier markets for example.

Especially with Yamiks I see an unhealthy potential to create a negative echo chamber. If you look at his watchers, he seems to attract cynics and haters in the first place (preferably the ones who quote his videos), which in itself would still not be an issue. If only it were not so unbalanced. But even then I would still have no problem with this guy, if he wouldn't monetize his "content" as well (I can't prove it, but it would be naive to think otherwise).

And here at the latest I have serious doubts about how uncommitted he still is or can be in his activities. I can't help but see a vulture making a profit from the failures of a company. In this point I'm not sure I can agree with you when you say he still loves the game. He certainly loves a good payroll.

Especially with Yamiks I see an unhealthy potential to create a negative echo chamber. If you look at his watchers, he seems to attract cynics and haters in the first place (preferably the ones who quote his videos), which in itself would still not be an issue. If only it were not so unbalanced. But even then I would still have no problem with this guy, if he wouldn't monetize his "content" as well (I can't prove it, but it would be naive to think otherwise).

And here at the latest I have serious doubts about how uncommitted he still is or can be in his activities. I can't help but see a vulture making a profit from the failures of a company. In this point I'm not sure I can agree with you when you say he still loves the game. He certainly loves a good payroll.

yamicks is a poor guy who lives only with negative message against FDEV. But anyway his channel is so small and should represent less than a small fraction of ED players. It is always good to get criticism nevertheless in his case (and obsoleteant in a less pronounced measure) it seems to be more likely a disorder

i doubt yamiks makes that much money. besides ... a vulture! :ROFLMAO: it's kind of a symbiotic relation both "content creators" and developers profit from. frontier makes quite a bit fuss about their 'ambassadors' park (not with particular style or efficiency, but they still try) because the last they would want is nobody talking about them. in the age of internet and games, if your game isn't on these platforms it pretty much doesn't exist. and it's free! so they can for sure digest some negativity too, unless it's everybody busting them and in that case there is probably a reason.

i'd say you might have a way harder time with that than they have. it's only entertainment! ;)

i doubt yamiks makes that much money. besides ... a vulture! :ROFLMAO: it's kind of a symbiotic relation both "content creators" and developers profit from. frontier makes quite a bit fuss about their 'ambassadors' park (not with particular style or efficiency, but they still try) because the last they would want is nobody talking about them. in the age of internet and games, if your game isn't on these platforms it pretty much doesn't exist. and it's free! so they can for sure digest some negativity too, unless it's everybody busting them and in that case there is probably a reason.

i'd say you might have a way harder time with that than they have. it's only entertainment! ;)

I don't know, doesn't make much sense to me. He puts quite some effort into something he apparently doesn't like.
I'm not saying that FDev should try to make him shut up (or even could). But you are probably right, outside of his echo chamber and fanboys I doubt he get much attention, so the damage for potential new players is certainly manageable. I'm just trying to understand his motivation and in the end it's only some income that could make at least a little sense to me.

Last edited:
I don't know, doesn't make much sense to me. He puts quite some effort into something he apparently doesn't like.

he likes to be negative as an expression of his Own incompetency to create something by himself LOL. So good to watch this dude going down for a game and a game that gets better and better on top of that

Your recent update for supercruise news says 1900 UTC, just wanted to confirm if that was a typo or it is infact at 1900 instead of the usual 11:00 UTC.

Cheers
@Stephen Benedetti
Indeed... Additionally today's post indicates an evening stream - is that correct? Monday is usually a lunchtime stream...

Clocks go forward in the spring - a good way to remember this is "Spring Forward, Fall back". Therefore BST is numerically one greater than UTC when it is active (1900UTC is 2000 BST )
It seems that last Thursday's live stream was mis-announced by an hour because of time some confusion...

Worse he has to powerplay.

Don't make me do it....

1601895261009.png

I've only managed to catch snippets of the stream but apparently the double engineered CG module is confirmed?
they also stated that they cannot comment "at this time" on new ships with odyssey......so its not a no then!

Elite Week is recorded live before a e-studio audience every Friday night at 8PM ET (which during Daylight Savings is 00:00 UTC; Daylight Savings ends in America on Sunday November 1st so at that point it will be starting at 01:00 UTC Saturday's) The show go's for 2-3 hours and if you don't catch the LIVE broadcast you can catch it the following day with timestamps on YouTube or via podcast feed wherever fine podcasts are found!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/eliteweek

Podcast: https://anchor.fm/eliteweek (with click thru
to all the locations where the show can be found!)

Elite Week is your source for all the News, Reviews and Interviews from in and around the Elite Dangerous Galaxy as well as the hottest and craziest party on a Friday night so grab a pint and come unwind with us to kick your weekend of right!

Deep Space Transmissions is a podcast/radio style show streamed on Twitch on Saturday 23:00 UTC (22:00 Saturday post-time change until US catches up :D ). Hosted by CMDRs VGPunx, Taylor-MadeAK and SAiconjr, the trio discuss news about games, Elite, life and everything science-y in the Universe. The three share a great time with lots of positivity and invite any and all to come join in the fun.

Deep Space Transmissions (Saturday 11PM UTC)
Lambda Freelance Ninjas (Group YouTube Page)
Lambda Freelance Ninjas Twitter

Top Bottom