Please don't make us on mobile laboriously compare one list to another, what do you consider the contentious ideas?Bit of a concern with regard to misrepresentation at the moment. It's presented as though these are things which are agreed upon.
As it stands there are indeed quite a lot of non-contentious things in the list, but there's some contentious ones in there. Some have been discussed a great many times (as I'm sure you're aware, OP).
You've spoke about the coding side of things, but for contentious issues, it's not just a matter of coding. The coding might be pretty simple. That's not the main barrier.
I think it'd be best to be up front about that and not try and pass contentious things off as though they're things which everyone has asked for and it's just a case of them not being implemented.
Might I therefore suggest separating the list into non-contentious ideas and contentious ideas. It'll keep things much cleaner all round.
The non-contentious ones (in terms of there being no objections which aren't development priority related) from the list (prior to any additions from post 35 onwards) are as far as I'm aware:
- Fuel Jettison: required especially by explorers when they need those extra 2-3 LY jump range not achievable because of fuel weight in the tanks
- Launch Cancel Request: when you press by mistake Launch at the starport and during the platform movement you remember you forgot something (limpets, srv, whatever) and you don't want to go forth and back. It can also happens by mistake at Fleet Carriers and during a jump count-down could be a disaster if you're not able to dock again. Alternatively we should be able to request docking again without the distance restriction nor the need to leave the station.
- Additional graphical identification marks for planets with biological and gelogical signal: additional identifications in the navigation panel and in the system map to localize these planets after the FSS scan without the need to note them down on paper (impossible in VR of course).
- "Terraformable" identifcation in the FSS: in the FSS interface, on the planet information panel the "Terraformable" information is missing. It should be added as it is in the system map (thanks @Bigmaec)
- People shadow movement in the control towers: add some shadow moving forth and back behind the control tower windows to give more life to starports.
- Crew on board: add crew to the free seats in the cockpits (where available)
- Improved Outfitting menu: add options to filter module types and save/load ship outfitting configurations.
- Bugged Planets Rendering in the System Map: many times, opening the system map after the honk, some planets appear empty/without texture
- HUD customization colours: being able to change the HUD colour theme. It is already possible through 3rd party tools but this has unfortunately unwanted effects on other graphical interfaces
- Faster to way to restock items (limpets, powerplay items and so on): the click and hold to change quantity is sometime very slow. Many times it has been suggested to add the possibility to enter the numbers directly
- Nicer way to manage material ignore lists: the ignore/stop ignoring item is limited to the left UI panel and available when materials are spawn. There should be an independent menu/display with all information filters shown at once where it is possible to manage them properly
- Improved renderings for NPC pictures: Next Era maybe? (thanks @JohnRoberts for the last 4 entries)
Some of the items are non-contentious in the sense of there not being a negative aspect to them in game, but for which I'd personally not really want dev effort going on them over other things (unless it was minimal). That's a different discussion though.
Also, what are you actually looking to achieve with the thread, OP? Would you be happy if working on all this stuff was prioritised and other things, say, for example, atmospheric planets, were put to one side to do it? Would be worth thinking about, and making clear.