ANNOUNCEMENT Join us for the Elite Dangerous 5th Anniversary!

I don't have access to that ship yet, i only have 2 ships atm. But i feel i do need that ship
Keep on truckin' CMDR, you'll have more than you knew you had or know what to do with before long. o7

*Happened to look in the Codex for Tourist Beacons earlier (there's four in Reorte) and I have 54 ships...

It's not like it's a ship any explorer would use anyway.
The Cobra Mk III is one of the best ships you can possibly use for exploration.

No, it won't break records. Well aside from Cobra Mk III records. (Which are the only records that matter anyway...)

The Cobra Mk III can fit everything you need. More than everything actually, ever since small ships got those two extra C1 slots.

Moderators, when i give my opinion :

"5 years is a long time to celebrate not developing game content, especially when you haven't done much of anything in almost 2 entire years."

it's not trolling, it's giving my honest opinion, so you can stop with the warnings. In fact, some of you could learn a thing or 2 about moderation, i've moderated forums in the past, and some of you are ... let's say hit and miss.. with your moderation.

It's not even the members that make me not come here to the forum much, it's your heavy handed "moderation" that i sometimes get a bad taste in my mouth from.. so, don't worry about me, you won't see me for a while.

Hello Commanders! The festivities we have planned are largely retrospective, looking back over the last five years of Elite Dangerous and the incredible community who have been along for the ride! We will not be revealing any new content during this period.
Im still hoping for the Gold paintjobs we enjoyed a few years back, as I still only got the Asp one.

Greetings Commanders,

It felt like only yesterday that we were celebrating 35 years of Elite, and next week is call for another celebration... the 5th anniversary of Elite Dangerous. Since the launch of the Kickstarter, we've seen commanders across PC, PlayStation and Xbox come together to blaze their trails across the Milky Way.

This birthday is yours as much as it is ours, and we want to thank each and every Commander who has joined us since Elite Dangerous first launched! We'll be celebrating our 5th Anniversary across all our social channels, so mark the following dates in your holo-diaries and be ready to party on the 16 December!

Anniversary Community Goal
Celebrate in-game by signing up for the Year’s End Festivities in Reorte Community Goals!
  • Imports for Year’s End Festivities - Deliver Animal Meat, Fish, Fruit and Vegetables, Beer, Lavian Brandy, Anduliga Fire Works and Eranin Pearl Whisky to Davies High in the Reorte system.
  • Security for Year’s End Festivities - Deliver Bounty Vouchers to Davies High in the Reorte system.
    • Start Date - 12 December @ 15:00 (UTC)
    • End Date - 18 December @ 15:00 (UTC)
By taking part in the Anniversary Community Goal, Commanders will be awarded a cargo-bay full of credits and the... Cobra Mk III Iridescent Gleam Paint Job (pictured below!)

Anniversary Livestream
This year, we're also going to be taking a look back at the history of Elite Dangerous, the amazing stories from you, our community of commanders, and more! Join the community team and developer guests for our 5th Anniversary livestream on 16 December at 12:00 (UTC).
  • Topic – Mega-awesome 5th Anniversary birthday stream!
  • Date – 16 December 2019
  • Time – 12:00 (UTC)
  • WhereYouTube, Twitch and Mixer

We hope that you have enjoyed the last five years as much as we have, and cannot wait to continue traversing the Elite Dangerous galaxy together for years to come!
Tried to turn in almost 2 million credits worth of bounties yesterday evening at Davies High but wouldn't let me??????????????? WTH is up with that????

Damn, nice paint job. Shame I'm out exploring! Another one missed....................
My CMDR out in Mare Somnia is hoping we get enough ARX from logins to pay for the paintjob (he's got a Cobra back at Jameson, and he may never actually get back there, but it would be nice to have it if he ever does...)

Happy 5th Anniversary FDev!

I started playing ED on Xbox two years ago. Got really hooked; six months later I upgraded my PC (replaced everything but the cabinet) and bought a VR headset, pretty much exclusively for playing Elite. That makes it by far my most expensive game ever - but haven’t regretted it so far! 😊

Hello Commanders! The festivities we have planned are largely retrospective, looking back over the last five years of Elite Dangerous and the incredible community who have been along for the ride! We will not be revealing any new content during this period.
Those who dwell on the past get left behind.

A one hour retrospective and then a grand exposé of the future, that would be it. In the announced form ? Not interested.

Also Cobra IV finally let off the leash would be nice indeed.
I'm not even dreaming about the Panther or any other new ship.

Edit: This all out retrospective feels too much like so long, and thanks for all the fish.

Last edited:
Those who dwell on the past get left behind.

A one hour retrospective and then a grand exposé of the future, that would be it. In the announced form ? Not interested.

Also Cobra IV finally let off the leash would be nice indeed.
I'm not even dreaming about the Panther or any other new ship.

Edit: This all out retrospective feels too much like so long, and thanks for all the fish.
Celebrate the past, glory in the present and don’t worry about the future it is always subject to change.

Ughhh and I'm way out by sag A.
I'm on the other side of Sag A* heading for BP. I guess I won't be getting any rewards then 😢
I am near the com. goal system (Lave to deliver some L.Brandy to the engineer in order to unlock Shield booster mods) so I guess I am lucky BUT as I posted in the bonus fed rank thread, I have very limited spare time and even when I do I am really tired due to RLIs so it would be greatly appreciated if time extensions could be given.

"By taking part in the Anniversary Community Goal, Commanders will be awarded a cargo-bay full of credits..."

Well, I'm going to hold you to this.

My largest cargo ship holds 794 tons.
794 metric tons translates to 794,000,000 grams.
All US bills (paper currency) weigh the same: 1 gram.
Assuming the interstellar community in Elite Dangerous goes off of the same standard, even the lowest value paper denomination of 1 CR would yield me 794,000,000 CR.
Still less then what you get for vopal or triple painite mining 😜

Top Bottom