ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Beta Announcement

Seriously? This is the list of "major fixes"? I think you've got your priorities wrong. How about being able to store my cargo from a ship at a station? Is that too much to ask? Or not a serious enough issue?

Seriously? This is the list of "major fixes"? I think you've got your priorities wrong. How about being able to store my cargo from a ship at a station? Is that too much to ask? Or not a serious enough issue?
The inability to use cargo storage other than on your ship is a design decision not a bug, it gets raised and moaned about over in Dangerous Discussions every month or so whenever they get bored with all the other perpetual arguments.

I've never seen a volcanic landable planet w/o geo features. If you find one, please post here it's location. Not saying you're wronfr, I've just never seen one.
Seen plenty myself, I will also keep an eye out and post if I see one. They're not that common, but common enough that most explorers will have seen a few at least.

Seen plenty myself, I will also keep an eye out and post if I see one. They're not that common, but common enough that most explorers will have seen a few at least.
I can confirm that, seen a few dozen of these so far. They're indeed quite rare but on longer Exploration trips there's typically a few of these.

Sorry but that sounds more like a change, in place of a bug fix, which they have stated what this would be.
So changes to the market system for mining and the way GEOs are found are not changes? If it were just bug fixes why is market sales and demand for top mining rocks being looked at?? SO glad we are just getting fixes in place of fleet carriers...

So changes to the market system for mining and the way GEOs are found are not changes? If it were just bug fixes why is market sales and demand for top mining rocks being looked at?? SO glad we are just getting fixes in place of fleet carriers...
View attachment 153307
Because this, apparantly, is what the community asked for. It's not just bug fixes, they never claimed it was just bug fixes, here is the text;

As mentioned in October, our upcoming updates will be almost exclusively focused on addressing recent and longstanding issues and bugs. The next update will be our first step as part of that - and it will be coming towards the end of January.
The "longstanding issues" refers to issues that the players were unhappy about and felt needed rebalancing/fixing before new content was introduced, so yes the marker system and FSS problems fit neatly into that category.

Whereas storing cargo in stations, which doesn't currently exist as a "thing", would be "adding a new feature" and not fixing an existing feature that has problems. This is completely separate from the fact the FDEV currently has no plans to add station storage, so this is more a request or complaint rather than a longstanding issue or bug.

Now whether it was right or not to delay FC's is beside the point, some people would rather they weren't delayed but that's not part of this discussion.

As far as the FSS exists in the non-beta version, we already have a "YES" or a "NO". Why do we need a "Maybe"? If the scan comes back right away, it's a "NO". If the wheel starts spinning around and "scanning", we already know it's a "YES", even if we don't let the scan finish. So we can come back (in the FSS) to those planets/moons that were still "scanning" after finishing all the other objects on the screen. We already know there are sites there, just need to relook those planets/moons to see if we really want to fly out and use the DSS.

I would just say overall we're better off with the current (non-beta) version of the FSS and not implement an additional "MAYBE" answer we're getting in the beta version. Given the stated reason the scan of planets/moons that have sites takes extra time, maybe it's better to just change player actions in the scan, rather than coding in something that doesn't reliably give us the information we need.

As far as the FSS exists in the non-beta version, we already have a "YES" or a "NO". Why do we need a "Maybe"? If the scan comes back right away, it's a "NO". If the wheel starts spinning around and "scanning", we already know it's a "YES", even if we don't let the scan finish. So we can come back (in the FSS) to those planets/moons that were still "scanning" after finishing all the other objects on the screen. We already know there are sites there, just need to relook those planets/moons to see if we really want to fly out and use the DSS.

I would just say overall we're better off with the current (non-beta) version of the FSS and not implement an additional "MAYBE" answer we're getting in the beta version. Given the stated reason the scan of planets/moons that have sites takes extra time, maybe it's better to just change player actions in the scan, rather than coding in something that doesn't reliably give us the information we need.
You’re already working in terms of Maybes.

Instant = non-landable

Short scan time = landable without volcanism.

Long scan time = landable with volcanism.

That’s all that’s definite in the live version.

Boooo, bad Fdevs. The new Pimax HMD (8k+ and 8kx) are likely to be very very good you should look into supporting them.
8k is even more pointless then 4k lol , the human eyes have only enough light receptors to see in 2k , so next time you look at a 4k vid or 4k tv and say " WOW that is so much better "........It isn't =-P

How constructive. As nobody has said this is the second coming and there have been loads of posters already, I would have to assume there are no white knights. But keep it up, you just make yourself look smaller everytime you write something like that.
In the spirit of fairness i gave that poster a like because of the ad hominem odor of your reply. Im sure they are grateful :)

Agreed making us fly to the planet and probe it to get information we had 'for free' previously seems like a backwards step.

My preference would be to implement the 'yes/no/maybe' change, but have something to click to initiate the full scan from the FSS if you want to. If that isn't possible, just leave it as it is, I'll just exit before the scan finishes if I'm in a hurry

Top Bottom