It is over?

I'll be that guy. I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I'll ask anyway to make it clear.
Now that we've arrived at BP and filled in the form, the expedition is over? We can return at our leisure? No events scheduled, etc. etc. Aside from the suggested return path to be posted?

That's my understanding. The suggested return path is entirely optional, and your journey is officially complete once arriving at Beagle Point.

It is officially over. You CAN however wait for the mass jump and there might be some recommended waypoints. I just arrived and have no idea whether to wait or not. I'll see.

I'm still 12klys behind, 2000lys above the plain. I have to use jumponium every single jump. I'm not in a rush, but I'm planning to arrive at BP at 13/06/3005 latest to be 'in time' ;)

Or just buckyball back to the Bubble/Colonia like some have done. There's certainly things to do there as well.

To me it is a bit like spelunking. It is fun to get to the "back" of the cave and all, enjoying the trip, but when its time to get back out into the light, I want to get out there and have some lunch. In the sunlight.
I thought about waiting around for an event, but I'm in the US and always miss the Euro times and the US times for such things anyway.
I'm on the Neutron highway going back to our new station then will probably pop over and get rep with the colonia engineers. Will decide as we see what happens with events in the bubble.
Also, need to find a proper barber.
I'm already back across the abyss and halfway through the formorian whatever sector that is just coreward of the abyss.

Hey, if you are taking that neutron highway back and using the path from spansh it will take you through some pretty sparse places not in the abyss but in the second gap between arms before the core.
Also, I don't think spansh takes into account your fuel needs (I'm sure it doesn't). So be extra careful there.

I've been using a mix of the two. The spansh path and the in-game plotter. The plotter will direct you to fuel stars from time to time but tends to sometimes double the number of jumps. Especially for longer ranges.

For instance, the last push for me last night was 7 jumps in spansh and 15 in plotter. In neither case did I need a fuel stop.
I did notice, however, that even the plotter had 1 backtrack jump in another case which was odd since I didn't think it did dog legs. It was from a normal star back to a neutron which popped me ahead.

I did notice, however, that even the plotter had 1 backtrack jump in another case which was odd since I didn't think it did dog legs. It was from a normal star back to a neutron which popped me ahead.

It's pretty rare these days, but occasionally it can do a dog leg like that. Or at least it used to. I was hoping they had silently fixed that.

Hey, if you are taking that neutron highway back and using the path from spansh it will take you through some pretty sparse places not in the abyss but in the second gap between arms before the core.
Also, I don't think spansh takes into account your fuel needs (I'm sure it doesn't). So be extra careful there.

I've been using a mix of the two. The spansh path and the in-game plotter. The plotter will direct you to fuel stars from time to time but tends to sometimes double the number of jumps. Especially for longer ranges.

For instance, the last push for me last night was 7 jumps in spansh and 15 in plotter. In neither case did I need a fuel stop.

Yes I had a fair amount of hand plotting to get around the gaps but still managed a ridiculous 29,300 ly in one day!

Made it to our new station last night. Didn't look for the barber shop. Took a long time to sell the data and I was already late for bed.

Top Bottom