Initial Feedback Response

If the installation is a military site, it will be patrolled by military grunts on "shoot first, ask questions later" orders. When they gather around your charred, twisted body, only then do they discover that you were there to restore power to their facility. (You can confirm this by scanning them!) However, it is easy to avoid them, especially at night, and also easy enough to run away from them by jumping on roofs/walls.

When leaving, try first disabling personnel turrets, base alarms, etc. Then you 'might' not get shot down after stealing plans/looting boxes. If in doubt, head out into the blackness beyond the border for five minutes before ordering your shuttle home. Have never needed to use shields - and only minimal injuries so far - and I'm far from being a season FPS vet...
I’m going to start by saying that a lot of my gripes will likely be quashed by simply fixing the threat assessment system. Just don’t call it T0 if there’s a strong possibility of encountering hostiles.

Another frustration comes from some what I think are odd reactions. Yes, I’m at a military outpost on a mission to restore power. It’s a T0 mission, and I’m passing base security no problem with my provided level 3 clearance. I put the core in to power up the base and call an Apex. While I’m waiting, I get a message saying my shuttle is under attack and then destroyed. Suddenly, I am under assault by multiple base security. I run. They pursue. I outrun the ground personnel. But I don’t outrun the sentinels most of the time. But needless to say, and again repeating, if they’re going to murder me on sight, that is not a T0 mission.

Given that I haven’t been able to survive most attempts at simple support missions, I haven’t even tried the combat or illicit missions. I take that back. I did one exterminate mission, and it did not fare well. In that mission, I found that I was burning through plasma ammo too quick trying to get enemy shields down. Once I got them down, the enemy would immediately retreat and find cover. Annoyingly, their shields never failed to recover by the time I chased back over to them making my Kinetic assault rifle totally worthless. Felt a bit over done for a T1 mission.

Like I said before, I think I’ll be fine if the threat assessment is fixed.

By the way I love with you all have done and accomplished thus far with the look and feel of space legs in Odyssey. All the sounds are absolutely fantastic. The fade to black transition is a huge disappointment though but I expect that will be improved upon in the future. But I do want to thank the entire team for all their hard work and efforts thus far. Keep it up!

Bugs I've seen in the Alpha:

Ark cutter or not cutting the bottom mag lock on the locker all the way open and not letting you try to cut more. Ark cutter freezing at certain points around the corners of the small rectangle panels. After cutting some small rectangle panels the panel will fall inward and get stuck inside and will not let you access the port. You could make the fully cut panel shootable or zapable to free it when it gets stuck in itself like that. Or make the arc cutters secondary feature be a weak tractor beam that could pull and/or push things to and from a short distance especially to cause a distraction in some situations.

Sometimes when clicking on a terminal the character starts walking automatically through it and either gets trapped on the other side sometimes between other terminals( like the 3 terminals at face each other in many stations) or get stuck in general and I've even had one time where it launched me quite far into the thin atmosphere. Luckily I had my shields up and hit the jetpack at the right time to slow my fall rate. I still took some fall damage but survived.

I've also had it where I have gotten missions from terminals on bases/facilities (not to be confused with station terminals) and completed them but when I got back to the base/facility terminal I got the mission from. It wasn't there to complete even though the mission said it was completed and ready to turn in from my missions panel.

Also when you book a taxi to arrive to pick you up at a base but then you decide that you don't need it right now and cancel before it arrives then if you try to get another taxi it keeps auto canceling.
Now I did have it one time where I called a taxi to come pick me up and it would not land on the landing pad. It just hovered several meters above the facility so I canceled it and it stayed there. I tried to book another flight but it auto canceled every time. But the mission was critical to be done covertly so I couldn't stick around long. So I ran over 2.5km away and try to rebook then because I really did not want to have to log out and log back in and then die. But at that time it worked. Just in the nick of time because I was almost out of power.

Sometimes the taxi will not do the Glide properly and drop out to normal space and will not boost until they are roughly 8 km away from the destination.

Otherwise I haven't had a whole lot of issues aside from low frame rates at times.

Off the wall Quality of life ideas:

Give the taxi some performance enhanced thrusters with dirty drag drives and some better shields.
Being able to sit in the lobby or any available seat.
Some guards in stations near the elevators and/or just patrolling the area in general.
Maybe occasional cleaning bots or cleaning staff.
Some futuristic vending style machine built into the wall. Like for coffee maybe some soft drinks, burritos, freeze dried ice cream, space chips or whatever.
Just more small things to interact with in general would add more life to the game. Especially just fooling around in a station waiting on your friends.
We really need team missions...

I would love to see an option where you can go to the nav panel and change your destination mid-flight with Apex even if it cost you some extra credits. I would also love to see some elite themed mini games like and similar to pong, chess, checkers, minesweeper, connect 4, elite themed racing game, maybe even solitaire and other digital card games. They could be single player vs AI at first but later be able to play with other people that's in the ship with you with a score tally system and records of winning/losing against other commanders. It would be cool if we could wager credits or in backpack items in these games too. Maybe some CMDR vs CMDR or CMDR vs AI bar style games in the club/bar area would be amazing like a pool table on some stations, darts, maybe some card games ect. If needed to make it low profile could make into an arcade terminal. That way it could be similar to in ship games but you can practically play anywhere there's a vehicle or station.

We would also be pretty cool to be able to purchase alcohol to be consumed either at the club or anywhere in the galaxy and different alcohols can have stronger and weaker effects on delayed and incorrect reaction timing with a little bit of sway and drunk look maybe even some slight sound distortion. That would a pretty awesome achievement to win a battle in ship or on foot while intoxicated. "Elite Alcohol Tolerance: 100 kills while intoxicated" I'm certain you guys will come up with something better. Also you could get a fine for being intoxicated near station while flying.

Please let there be different taxi options like the other useless ships like hauler, viper mkIV, asp scout, diamondback scout. (You guys need to give the type 7 some love.. whether it's just more armor/shields or a little bit more interior room for cargo space or just a couple extra weapon placements) It would be nice to see all the different liners or at the very least the dolphin as a taxi. That it is unless you're waiting to develop ship interiors so we get the better view of the actual cabin style transportation with the ability to explore the ship and it's passengers. That would add for some interesting gameplay if you are supposed to find a way to poison a diplomat on a certain flight or something. Or take out Criminal Master mind and his thugs. Or a single subject that needs to be dealt with for whatever reason. Some ship infiltration/ops missions may require you to do it without alerting the ship's security. And if you do alert the guard and you get killed/apprehended then you are banned from Apex until your notoriety is low enough.

Alpha Improvement ideas:

When the guards are at caution and I'm talking about when no alarms sounded, no chasing, no gunfire has happened yet just when their suspicious for hours with their shields up for eternity like when you depressurize a building but no one saw it. It would be nice if there was some kind of time where they go back to normal patrolling state.

Also maybe make the skimmers and goliath be on standby and not patrol until someone shows up in an srv, or any vehicle that's in proximity of the base without request of docking. When the alarms sound from on foot events you can make it where the skimmers will start to come out in 30 seconds and the Goliath at 60 Seconds.

Extinguishing grenades that creates a huge fog could also be used to make a smoke screen to hide from enemy view temporarily. The dispersion and thickness will depend on gravity.

I know some of my ideas are out there. But hopefully this helps give you all to come up with some practical ideas from this to improve the game and it's longevity.

Thank you for your time.

sorry but i don't see how moving the starting location to the middle of the system will do anything as with cruise control its the acceleration and deceleration that crucify the times.
i have timed the duration for both a 34K LS flight and a 154K LS flight both took well over 10 mins with less than 1 min difference.
you need to stop having ships start slowing down 20K LS before the destination and not speed up so slowly.
In horizons, i do use cruise control but only for the last 7 seconds of the journey if used at any other time it just ends up taking far too long.
i now know why people go watch movies waiting for journies to finish its what I do in Oddyssey rather than spend time watching paint dry

Move the starter point to a smaller system? Could be a massive rework though and may result in overcrowding in open...

Or reduce the distance of each planet from the stars and reduce the distance between the stats themselves?

Down to Earth Astronomy had some very good basic feedback on issues that can be dealt with (hopefully) during this testing phase. Things that are "working as intended" but either need rebalancing or could use some extra work

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQNwXSIRH54

TLDW Version:
1) Offer mini-games in flight that can allow you to prep for the mission you're heading for... scour databases to unlock maps, building locations, objectives etc... before you even land.
2) Ability to store passcodes in suit memory once they're discovered.
3) Multiple waypoints
4) Add a place where you can change your loadout while in station (like a changing room) in addition to doing it while on your ship. This is based on the assumption that the option to change at terminals would look weird in open as people insta-swap in front of you.

All solid ideas from DownToEarthAstronomy.

A little thing that is annoying me is that every PC is running around in a kinda crouched position, it looks like they have had a accident in their space suit.
Screenshot 2021-04-03 193516.jpg

I was faced with the impossibility of surrendering the completed mission, the terminal simply do not let me where I need to. video(click)

Also a terrible equipment interface. It is impossible to get something out of it very quickly, for example, a first-aid kit. It needs to be simpler and more accessible at any time, just like the sections in it. In an emergency, such as an injury during combat, due to panic, it is impossible to quickly take something, as well as because of it complexity

Last edited:
we hope that the above changes alongside an increased number of loadout and cosmetic customisation options to use during these trips will improve the experience.
Colour me intrigued (like, with a paintjob), but I'm really curious how cosmetics might be employed to while away the journey time in Apex Interstellar. Are we talking the sorts of perks you normally get in a stretched limo? Jacuzzi? Champagne? Prosti Xihe Biomorphic Companions? Some sort of Star Wars style chess game?

How about a fire alert system that can be pulled up on the terminals. I know that one of the missions has a bug which means that you can't complete mission but what about an icon that is displayed on the facilities section that says a fire is detected in that section and disappears if you put the fire out in that section. Would help with larger sites

I was playing in Solo until now, but tried open to see what's what.

Is it just me, or is everyone moving in a constant half-crouch?

Also, while in a taxi leaving the station I switched from Open to Solo... it did not go well. Shuttle got caught on something in the station and blowed up.

Last edited:
No tutorial mission is a real stupid idea. how do we expect to know how to open all these locked doors, how to find the only open one, before some guards attack although you didnt do anything?! or before oxygen or energy is drained?!

this game is far too frustrating and usually i would refund if this would be final. in this state its quiet useless and unplayable. except you expect us to try and fail for months without ANY hint how to open ONE door or doing ANYHTING. you can expect new players to know which buttons to press and how to hack or open or whattheever to do to come yout mission goal any closer before dying of heat, cold, drained energy or oxygen or a bullet by some attackers you dont understand at all why they attack you.

the "mission details" are a joke. they just tell where and what but not how. you dont have any navigation. and btw WHY WHY WHY is the one menu-wheel able to be used via mouse and the other menu-wheel only via analog stick of e.g. hotas?! HEY BY FEET I DONT WANT TO USE THE HOTAS AT ALL! its for the ship - not the frickin by feet mode.

except this i found nasty bugs, like no collision when coliding with other npc or players. exiting after booking a trip and couldnt move anymore. and ov course why the 150kLS. why you try to annoy all early birds?!

No tutorial mission is a real stupid idea. how do we expect to know how to open all these locked doors, how to find the only open one, before some guards attack although you didnt do anything?! or before oxygen or energy is drained?!

this game is far too frustrating and usually i would refund if this would be final. in this state its quiet useless and unplayable. except you expect us to try and fail for months without ANY hint how to open ONE door or doing ANYHTING. you can expect new players to know which buttons to press and how to hack or open or whattheever to do to come yout mission goal any closer before dying of heat, cold, drained energy or oxygen or a bullet by some attackers you dont understand at all why they attack you.

the "mission details" are a joke. they just tell where and what but not how. you dont have any navigation. and btw WHY WHY WHY is the one menu-wheel able to be used via mouse and the other menu-wheel only via analog stick of e.g. hotas?! HEY BY FEET I DONT WANT TO USE THE HOTAS AT ALL! its for the ship - not the frickin by feet mode.

except this i found nasty bugs, like no collision when coliding with other npc or players. exiting after booking a trip and couldnt move anymore. and ov course why the 150kLS. why you try to annoy all early birds?!
you could always ask the community or do some searches like most do

Down to Earth Astronomy had some very good basic feedback on issues that can be dealt with (hopefully) during this testing phase. Things that are "working as intended" but either need rebalancing or could use some extra work

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQNwXSIRH54

TLDW Version:
1) Offer mini-games in flight that can allow you to prep for the mission you're heading for... scour databases to unlock maps, building locations, objectives etc... before you even land.
2) Ability to store passcodes in suit memory once they're discovered.
3) Multiple waypoints
4) Add a place where you can change your loadout while in station (like a changing room) in addition to doing it while on your ship. This is based on the assumption that the option to change at terminals would look weird in open as people insta-swap in front of you.

All solid ideas from DownToEarthAstronomy.
Streamers are Thought Criminals! :)

From what I can tell, the Apex Interstellar ships are using the supercruise assist the full trip from orbit around planet, to arriving in orbit at your destination. This is what is leading to so many rubbing their temples, tabbed out to check these forums now. It would be a strong first step to only have the taxi pilots enable the supercruise assist anywhere from halfway to three-quarters of the way to the destination to eliminate a good amount of the wait. They fly very systematically and haven't been too bad at getting where they need to go. I see no trouble in having them delay their supercruise assistance enabling until a good way into the trip.

For the pilots here asking for faster travel via their own ships, I don't think it would be smart to ask that we jump to bodies and planets and such. I'm fairly sure we aren't asking that, but assuming you read it wrong like a good number of the questions asked in the Q&As that I actually wanted to hear answers to, lets just pose this one. Let's just try a system where, at the very least, we may pick whichever star is parent to the body or station we wish to travel to. ("Star name" A, B, C, so on.) That still leaves the travel time from star to station, without aching heads. It would be no different than if the system only had one star than it would with three and I choose which one I want to travel from once the jump has been completed. We aren't wanting ships to accelerate faster necessarily, just make the journey a reasonable length.
I understand this is one of the features Fleet Carrier owners hold dear but it seems unreasonable that my starship in the 34th century can't plot a difference between stars up to a hundred-thousand lightyears apart, but a super ship thousands of times expensive, and hundreds of times larger, can do it just fine. We can already jump across lightyears with precision, what's stopping us from nudging the target a few thousand light seconds in whatever direction.

As for lack of engagement, I've found that the short time playing in open was a lot more focused in supercruise just because I was at risk of attack by another player looking to cause mischief. Unless you're hauling cargo or wanted in a system, playing in Solo or Private Groups can be a little underwhelming in the way of things to look out for when traveling long distances between planets, stations, or whole stars.

Having played a little more, these are the things that bug me the most:
  • Game almost freezing when ordering APEX ride, either from station or on settlement;
  • when you incur a bounty it's most of the time not cleared and you have to relog to actually remove it;
  • when you do get sent to the dungeon, it's on the other side of the system, in other words another 10 min drive with APEX to the station of your choice;
  • Level 0 powerplant restore missions with about 8 hostiles, that gang up on you in no time;
    • same mission clear the scavengers, try to reboot the system, put in the regulator, but the controls stay dark;
    • Relog to try and reset the mission, oh joy scavengers are back, kill them, yay powerplant online;
    • next objective put out the fires, diabled all the O2 processors but still have fires left, run around for 30 min, no fires in sight;
    • this happened on multiple missions, last one the O2 processors were mentioned twice on the terminals;
  • mission that i completed, tried to take off, got gunned down by turrets, reason crime, but didn't have the icon right of the radar, go figure ;(
  • the next part is pure impressions but stil:
    • feels like threat lvl's are incorrect, i've did missions with lvl 2 and it felt like scavengers dropped faster then at lvl 0;
    • APEX travel feels way to slow and too many missions are at 150k Ls;
    • Scavenger suit storage for crafting components (8) is way to low, normal component (30) feels ok;
      • one of my last missions had about 20 lockers, that a lot of shuttle calls to transfer them to the APEX shuttle;
      • either increase capacity or is this going to be fixed with when we can use our SRV and park it just outside;
        • i mean come on, most are disks and tablet 's;
    • enemies seem to get their shield back up faster then the player can;
    • weapon reticle are to light, they are lost when shooting at:
      • enemies with helmetlight on;
      • during daylight missions;
      • missions in the snow where most of the backdrop is white;
      • there is a reason most real world sight use a Red dot;
    • why do laser weapons have recoil?;
    • would be nice to have an indicator where our grenade is going to land, since we carry so few, it seems to precious to waste them;
    • but the highest is some kind of tutorial or CODEX for crying out loud, you have introduced a lot of stuff even in these sectioned of alfa stages:
      • A crafting and Barter system at the BAR, really;
        • it took me ages to find out i needed to select the stuff i needed and trade in stuff i didn't need to actually get what i want;
        • to say the least it's not very intuative;
      • Upgrade system for suit and weapon;
        • going from the list at the broker:
          • you have to find out for yourself, where all the components come from no hints at all;
          • the two that come from open and sealed crates and lockers are easy;
          • i have yet to find a single crafting instruction or an actual schematic;
            • from the forum i gathered that these need to be downloaded;
            • tried that and still haven't found a single one, which means to me:
              • i'm looking in the wrong place, since a haven't a clue where to look;
              • droprates are very low
              • for now no exchange of these items since they are not listed at the bar;
              • Space has Tech, Raw and Emmissions brokers to solve most crafting and only Guardian stuf isn't;
Suggestions:
  • Look into threat levels of missions, Lvl 0 can i no way mean a 1 against 8 fight, certainly not with non engineered equipment;
  • Mission objectives need some looking into, reset or redo an entire mission from scratch to get where you need to go is not the way;
  • Have security take you to the cells in the CMD building for minor infractions, this isn't Judge Dred, pay the fine there to get out;
  • Allow for download from the terminals, once power is restored or from functional settlement;
    • Map of the settlement;
    • Codes download for the lockers or crates;
    • location of crates containing :
      • Med packs;
      • Powercells;
      • Grenades;
  • Allow for an added device we can disable in CMD building, namely Communications so the guard have less of an organized response when alerted to our presence;
  • mission terminal:
    • why use a different layout then what we are used to from Space?
    • screen is far to yellow / orange;
    • icons for mission rewards, rep and influence are to big;
    • no distance to target, so you can't select close by missions;
    • add threat level to the main selection menu, not have us open the mission it first;
    • you need to get to close to interact with the screen;
    • no adjustment after you selected the screen, if you are not perfectly square to it when you select the terminal, the image stays crooked;
  • APEX travel:
    • to many icons on the screen;
    • everything is blue, either use colour or give the already know landable surface icon a different colour, if you can get there by APEX;
    • the mission marker should be enough to target the planet / moon, and upon further selection you get the actual surface locations;
that's all for now

Last edited:
Good to hear. Agreed on the Apex bits, that seriously wont be an issue in the actual game.

That said, it would be nice if two extra features were added.

1. Let us log off in an apex flight, and still continue to travel while offline. Let me rest my computer if it's going to be a long flight.

2. If its not already possible, let us play CQC while traveling, without stopping the flight. That lets us do something while we wait.

Those two tweaks would make me completely satisfied.

In addition to that, they should allow us to do some fleet management and preposition our ships for the next activity that we might want to do.

Since the beginning of time, well at least since Doom. :) I have always played with v, b, n, and the right mouse button for movement. Might seem weird but if you look at it, it is very convenient. Strafe left, backup, strafe right and mouse to turn and right button to move forward, left button to shoot. Works very well as most other need now keys are always defaulted close by. Anyway, the problem is that when I am moving forward, it is hit or miss if I stop moving forward or continue on as if I still had the button held down when I release it. It is so bad it is getting me killed left and right by the guards. I bet I am not the only one. I posted here because Im not sure this is a bug or not. It is making me not want to play since I get killed 50% of the time simple because I didnt stop moving forward. :( It is really bad, constantly running into things and off of rooftops, running into everything. Should I be posting this up as a bug or is here where it belongs? Trying to overcome it by double clicking when I want to stop. Really sucks to die so many times because of it.

Last edited:
Combat feels to slow(enemy's are sponges) even considering its without engineered weapons and thus combat gets boring fast witch is a shame ,it needs a faster time to kill on shields and heath bar but to keep it balanced ad more enemy's /npc's to bases ,bases feels to empty of npc's any way for such big bases there needs to be more live to fix this you could also ad more civilian npc's to the habitat areas that sit around or sleep on beds that would ad a more lived in feel to the base. How to test player reaction to time to kill? next week with faze2 keep the time to kill the same as is for the first 2 days then change it to a much faster time to kill but also ad more enemy's and lastly lower the shield capacity of the player to keep it balanced thus creating a more tactical fighting from cover intense firefights to the next 2 days of game play, and compare peoples reaction it would almost be a sure thing that a faster time to kill with more enemy's to kill would be more fun and engaging .

You cant make the combat slow and boring early game just because the player doesn't have engineered weapons yet combat needs to be fun and fast and engaging right from the start balance adding engineered weapons later by adding very hard missions only a good player with engineered load out could complete not by punishing the player with out an engineered weapon with a slow boring combat in the early game, there is so much potential in the combat, don't lose new players early in there game because of slow and unengaging combat they will never even make it to the engineered weapons that way .

Please take it as positive criticism done right this expansion could be amazing im in !

Top Bottom