Incentives to go to fleet carriers?

If a fleet carrier owner isn't being generous, what would someone gain by going to them? I mean from a monetary POV, as anything you sell to a fleet carrier, if the owner isn't being generous, will likely not be as profitable, as giving your goods/services to a station.

Last edited:
You get the convenience of being able to sell & servive near where you are.
Services will most likely obviously have a surcharge, but if you are flying your big ship and you need to fix up some dings and dents, you won't mind paying a few k extra.

Carriers will be about convenience. I know it will be for me.
If I want to go mining in the black and come back with 20000 LTDs, I can either ferry them back and forth ship by ship, or do 1 or 2 jumps to where I want to sell them.

Nothing. But FC owners sure as heck want all the ways for them to make money.

It's really cute all the "I'm gonna set up markets or sell ships and modules and make all the credits!" when reality is, there's almost no incentive for visitors to use them.

FCs equally need to have ways for non- owners to make money at them. And guess what? It needs to compete with LTD income rates. So either visitors need to be able to earn 200m/h by going to someone's FC (guess who's pocket that would come out of...), or LTDs get nerfed hard.

You get the convenience of being able to sell & servive near where you are.
Services will most likely obviously have a surcharge, but if you are flying your big ship and you need to fix up some dings and dents, you won't mind paying a few k extra.

Carriers will be about convenience. I know it will be for me.
If I want to go mining in the black and come back with 20000 LTDs, I can either ferry them back and forth ship by ship, or do 1 or 2 jumps to where I want to sell them.
That's all good for the owner, but for visitors?

FCs equally need to have ways for non- owners to make money at them. And guess what? It needs to compete with LTD income rates. So either visitors need to be able to earn 200m/h by going to someone's FC (guess who's pocket that would come out of...), or LTDs get nerfed hard.
Has a 2nd Triple LTD hotspot ever been found other the Borann A2 ? Does anyone bother to mine single or double LTD hotspots? Because from 9th June Borann A2 is going from triple LTD to triple nothing!! All the slots are changing order due to Tritium being added. It could be another triple hotspot LTD is never found.

where's the 200m/h coming from then?

It's really cute all the "I'm gonna set up markets or sell ships and modules and make all the credits!" when reality is, there's almost no incentive for visitors to use them.
Quick question, can other players store their own fleets on an FC, to use as a 'home' base. I may have a money making oppurtunity for FC players that just popped into my head....

Its about TIME allocation to do tasks and whats then removed by using the FC..

[/QUOTE]
Single hot spot Deep core rock mining like VO before LTD as LTD will still sell for 1.6m unlike VO....
LTD at 1.6 mill sold for way over 300mill.. Deep core LTD still come in over 200m/hr but was less than laser mining..

I'm not planning to make money with my FC (and can't think of an efficent way to do it with the actual state of the game economy).

My FC will be for personal use.

Even though I'll be more than happy if my services (refuel, repair, restock and UC) are usefull to other commanders but with the amount of FCs that will drop the 9th of june I'm not getting my hopes high on the number of CMDRs that will use my FC...I'll be a small drop in the ocean of carriers.

o7

If a fleet carrier owner isn't being generous, what would someone gain by going to them?
Is your ship dashboard a little bland? Looking for an upgrade and don't have the Arx? Well my friend, Bits 'N Bobbleheads will be opening June 9th with an initial inventory for 52 customers. Show your love or contempt for Thargoids with your very own in game bobblehead. A one time purchase is all it takes to enjoy this your very own dashboard 'goid for any and all ships.

Has a 2nd Triple LTD hotspot ever been found other the Borann A2 ? Does anyone bother to mine single or double LTD hotspots? Because from 9th June Borann A2 is going from triple LTD to triple nothing!! All the slots are changing order due to Tritium being added. It could be another triple hotspot LTD is never found.

Single and double hotspots and core mining still plow the bejesus out of any other income sources.

Thing is, if i focus on just credits, 100m an hour is still achievable, mining or no, using other unbalanced mechanics. You want me to deal with your FC, you need to offer better than that. It's simple economics.

You're against it even harder once you factor in things like the BGS; a big reason i don't suckle these unbalanced credit faucets is that they don't really exist in any of the systems i work; so my trade-off is credits vs influence. Any time at an fc is time wasted which could otherwise help my groups faction, and the cost to pull me away from that is steep.

Last edited:
If a fleet carrier owner isn't being generous, what would someone gain by going to them? I mean from a monetary POV, as anything you sell to a fleet carrier, if the owner isn't being generous, will likely not be as profitable, as giving your goods/services to a station.
In the bubble? There isn't one.

Outside of the bubble? Because there are no stations nearby.

I see no reason why I'd want to dock at someone's FC. Especially if I have to pay or pay extra for things. Seems stupid to me, but I'm no MMO junkie. Whatever blows some people's hair back I suppose.

New triple (and a quad) hotspots have already been located.

That's all good for the owner, but for visitors?
Well, the owner can setup the market to buy LTDs from visitors.
Say there is an excellent quad LTD 2000 LY out of the bubble. You will not be flying back and forth with a cutter at 25-30 LY a jump to sell at 1.6m.
So a savvy FC owner can setup shop there and buy all the LTDs at say 1.2m/t. Then when he is full, take the haul back and sell at 400k/t profit.

Also an FC owner can sinply buy at any price, most likely under 1.6m assuming he finds sellers, hoard up the 25000t and then sell when there is a good market.

Well, the owner can setup the market to buy LTDs from visitors.
Say there is an excellent quad LTD 2000 LY out of the bubble. You will not be flying back and forth with a cutter at 25-30 LY a jump to sell at 1.6m.
So a savvy FC owner can setup shop there and buy all the LTDs at say 1.2m/t. Then when he is full, take the haul back and sell at 400k/t profit.

Also an FC owner can sinply buy at any price, most likely under 1.6m assuming he finds sellers, hoard up the 25000t and then sell when there is a good market.
Doesn't sound like an incentive to me tbh.

How about buying from a fleet carrier. A new player needs 1 meta-alloys to make Felicity Farseer happy in Deciat. One can fly some distance to find one or go to a nearby friendly fleet carrier and purchase one at say a 15 percent increase in cost. Same for the other rares engineers request. Would still have to figure out how to meet especially if in Deciat without griefers killing the new player.

Top Bottom