In 20 days we will finally see how the Imperial Cutter is an upscaled smaller ship

That is the realest of purpose, what are you saying!
I mean, to be fair, in elite dangerous pre-Odyssey, crewmembers tend to look like a Mr potato head doing covert infiltration as a human.
One of my hopes for Odyssey is that the hips we saw in the mission pack thing are in it. I don't really have my hopes up because this is family-friendly Frontier we're talking about. And EA is apparently censoring the Mass Effect remaster. So... yeah...

But hey! Least I can shoot a guy full of bullets!
Oh god, I hope they're not nerfing the 3 colored endings ! Damn you colorblind, it's because of you we can't enjoy a good story !

So... what is the point of this thread?

People want FD to beg forgiveness for not getting the scale of the stairs right or something?

So... what is the point of this thread?

People want FD to beg forgiveness for not getting the scale of the stairs right or something?
I don’t think so - as per the OP and the linked thread in it from 2019, it’s for those forumites who were saying the scale was definitely correct and we were talking out of our you-know-whats.

Also - nice new avatar, Digby would be fair chuffed 😁

I don’t think so - as per the OP and the linked thread in it from 2019, it’s for those forumites who were saying the scale was definitely correct and we were talking out of our you-know-whats.

What I find amusing is some of the most vocal in that 2019 thread aren't here at all now. Maybe they don't play anymore, or maybe they know they lost the argument :cool:

Personally I don't want the devs to ask for forgiveness or anything, but I am hoping they'll dedicate some time and talent to fixing these issues, especially because I'm still hoping for ship interiors where proper scaling inside and out is crucial.

Personally I don't want the devs to ask for forgiveness or anything, but I am hoping they'll dedicate some time and talent to fixing these issues, especially because I'm still hoping for ship interiors where proper scaling inside and out is crucial.

PalatableQuerulousAracari-max-1mb.gif

What I find amusing is some of the most vocal in that 2019 thread aren't here at all now. Maybe they don't play anymore, or maybe they know they lost the argument :cool:

i'm still hoping for powerplay to be completed.

If Fdev wont launch with player choosable interiors to carriers which would involve additional gameplay and they can make bunches of money off of selling in the shop like they do the external look of carriers ... why would they ever invest time in fixing something that wont get them any money, nor offer any kind of real gameplay?

Ship interiors and (more importantly) walking around vr to experience those interiors will come right after raxxla is found and the formadine rift story is retconned and re-implemented properly as it was supposed to be.

Sooooo.... its 18 pages of "I told you so".

Well, i'm glad that's sorted.

What's tomorrow's topic? :D

Sooooo.... its 18 pages of "I told you so".

Well, i'm glad that's sorted.

What's tomorrow's topic? :D
I think it’s more like 8.5 pages of “we’ll be able to tell you so!” followed by several pages re-enacting the scene in Manhunter where Francis Dolarhyde asks, “do you see?” to the journalist who really doesn’t want to see 😁

My vote for today’s topic would be for a “is-there-VR?/crap-performance!/general-dooooom” mash up 👍

I think this is why we don't have interiors or why we have the fade to black to land. Fdev on looking at their ships to get the Neil Armstrong moment only then just realised that the ships had only been upscaled badly and that there was more work needed before they could walk off the ship .

There are a lot of situations in the games development where there appears to be a lack of planning for what the game designers knew would be coming up, even if the community didn't.

Rather than planning out the game in anticipation of future features as is often assumed by the community, there seem to be quite a few situations where 'we'll cross that bridge when we come to it' has been applied, and the way Cmdrs disembark is just another example of that. Hopefully it will improve in time, but things take longer when you have to do them twice.

Personally I'd prefer to see signs that the game designers are working to a plan, filling in pieces of a big picture that starts to make sense the more I see.

Oh god. I still think about that thread, OP.

I barely play Elite anymore, and out of the blue I will think about that thread from these forums, and some of the mental gymnastics certain posters went through to argue (quite rudely) that current scale of some things was "fine" or "normal" and that people who thought oversized canopies made ships look like upscaled toys had "depth perception issues" or some garbage...

When I saw someone post a picture of their commander standing next to a Cutter staircase in the alpha forums my immediate first thought was "my heart aches for that one guy who started the threads about the ridiculous canopy sizes and was told he's blind and stupid" .. LOL

I think I've been permanently damaged..

Oh god. I still think about that thread, OP.

I barely play Elite anymore, and out of the blue I will think about that thread from these forums, and some of the mental gymnastics certain posters went through to argue (quite rudely) that current scale of some things was "fine" or "normal" and that people who thought oversized canopies made ships look like upscaled toys had "depth perception issues" or some garbage...

When I saw someone post a picture of their commander standing next to a Cutter staircase in the alpha forums my immediate first thought was "my heart aches for that one guy who started the threads about the ridiculous canopy sizes and was told he's blind and stupid" .. LOL

I think I've been permanently damaged..
Lol, notice they aren't in this thread though?

Don't feel bad for me. I knew I was right all along :cool: and that their mental gymnastics were, well let's just say flawed.

Know what's hammering it home just as much as those stairs? The pictures of the concept art being posted in this thread. Oh how I would have loved to have those ships instead of the current ones!

Top Bottom