How to win an election in 3.3?

When performing courier missions during elections, which reward to choose where more "influence" or "reputation" ?
As far as I understand, "influence" is frozen during the elections, but it is also the dominant parameter in the system.

When performing courier missions during elections, which reward to choose where more "influence" or "reputation" ?
As far as I understand, "influence" is frozen during the elections, but it is also the dominant parameter in the system.
Without a way to realistically compare, I think most people have decided either:
1) Take the Inf - If anything matters it will be Inf
2) It doesnt matter, so take the cash or Rep if you need it.

Without a way to realistically compare, I think most people have decided either:
1) Take the Inf - If anything matters it will be Inf
2) It doesnt matter, so take the cash or Rep if you need it.

That's exactly what I'm doing, but I thought maybe someone had accurate information.
Once again I am convinced that there is nothing exact in BGS.

This is beyond broken.

We were leading 3-2 until today's tick. The score was supposed to be either 4-2 (most likely) or 3-3 (had something gone wrong again). But apparently, now, the controlling faction has dominated the conflict for 4 days, gaining 2 positions or days in a single tick. So here we are, 7 days of conflict while 6 days into the conflict.

Some time ago I read on the forum a second-hand statement from a CMDR who had watched the FD videos announcing v3.3. One topic/question apparantly was "is it worth continuing in a seven day combat after the fourth day once one MF has gone 4-0 up?". And the FD response seemed to be "all is not lost, and continue to fight on in the back-end of a week-long conflict".

So, I'm left wondering, is that what BGSers are experiencing with late reversals of fortune or seeing an opposing MF 'doubling up' on points.

Some time ago I read on the forum a second-hand statement from a CMDR who had watched the FD videos announcing v3.3. One topic/question apparantly was "is it worth continuing in a seven day combat after the fourth day once one MF has gone 4-0 up?". And the FD response seemed to be "all is not lost, and continue to fight on in the back-end of a week-long conflict".

So, I'm left wondering, is that what BGSers are experiencing with late reversals of fortune or seeing an opposing MF 'doubling up' on points.

We have seen double jumps on the war slider. Ive seen a couple of theories knocking about. We still dont have enough data to discern the mechanic properly (or even if its just a bug). It does not appear to be related to the level of effort in a given tick.

This is beyond broken.

We were leading 3-2 until today's tick. The score was supposed to be either 4-2 (most likely) or 3-3 (had something gone wrong again). But apparently, now, the controlling faction has dominated the conflict for 4 days, gaining 2 positions or days in a single tick. So here we are, 7 days of conflict while 6 days into the conflict.

Reported the same thing about 3 weeks ago
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Victory-to-Slight-defeat-skipping-over-Draw)

We won the election. But we have two more spaceports in the system that don't belong to us. Now the difference in influence is 8% between our faction and the loser. How quickly level the "influence" that would again enter into conflict for the spaceport ?
We do missions for another faction, but it turns out 1% per day (((

What do you think, how to calculate how much you need to perform the courier mission to win the "elections" ?
For example, I know exactly to win elections in our system when competing with a faction of non-players, with a population of 7 billion-80 missions per day. I don't know the lower limit.

yes. If opposed, you need to win 5 days at least. Otherwise, you could have a draw.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
We have seen double jumps on the war slider. Ive seen a couple of theories knocking about. We still dont have enough data to discern the mechanic properly (or even if its just a bug). It does not appear to be related to the level of effort in a given tick.

We've seen it with a single transaction on each of 3 day

In a 'pending' election is there any point in doing missions? If not, I just wondered exactly what the point of 'pending' is? Same with pending wars/civil wars too. Is it purely to make sure everyone can plan game time around it (not penalise players who only log on a couple of times a week?)

In a 'pending' election is there any point in doing missions? If not, I just wondered exactly what the point of 'pending' is? Same with pending wars/civil wars too. Is it purely to make sure everyone can plan game time around it (not penalise players who only log on a couple of times a week?)

I think that's probably it.

Reporting successful elections here.

Low Pop. system (2500).

Leading 7 ticks.

We've do nothing but usual actions, PAX and cargo deliveries (a dozen INF points per tick).

INF bonus/malus correctly applied.

I have a kind of weird issue here.
So I won the elections with a faction 2 times already.
Just some delivery jobs. Do it for a few days. Works.

However. I'm on the 3rd elections already with the same party involved and I have the feeling the system just wants my faction to lose those elections.

The first time, I really put some time in it. Doing missions every day for most of the time I played ED on those days.
On the second time though I just did 1-3 missions per day on the first days, then just flew by to see if something happened to the outcome indicator and did no missions so I guess nobody else was involved there since it would have been easy to win this one or at least move the indicator.

And now I'm back at it again. It's annoying as hell.
I plan to push the faction further after I won this one but I'm not overly enthusiastic because of my experience with another system where I put really much time in to secure a "safe distance" after a war and now suddenly see the same war pending after having 9% difference between those factions...

Anybody else seeing that?

Edit: I assume that war is due to the BGS patch today. The 3rd election though was pending yesterday already (it in fact is still listed as pending while according to the news and the nature of the quests, it isn't...)

Last edited:
Not quite sure if it's the new patch or a continuing bug but I entered an election with the controlling faction (pre-patch). I did 36 + in INF Poll Data Courier missions & 1.2m in cartographic data (handed in to my MF controlled station) virtually no other traffic in system yet lost the day. Bad luck or should I be worried...?

Last edited:
This sounds suspicious.
I'd guess that there are other players involved since the amount of poll data missions should be more then enough from my experience.

Last edited:
I think it was just due to the BGS patch happening on that first day of the election. It's been fine since. Only odd thing that has happened is that the % of the two factions in election has been changing slightly on a daily basis. They're still identical but the last two days has seen a 0.2% change each day - downwards.

I think it was just due to the BGS patch happening on that first day of the election. It's been fine since. Only odd thing that has happened is that the % of the two factions in election has been changing slightly on a daily basis. They're still identical but the last two days has seen a 0.2% change each day - downwards.

Those small changes are just caused by the 'normalisation' of the total influence in the system to 100% after the various increases and decreases have been applied. Plus there's some rounding in the displayed numbers.

Question for those who have had recent elections - have you won when you are the challenger, rather than the system controller? The only election we have lost was when we were not in control of the system, post patch, a couple of weeks ago. All actions seemed to favour the control. We have won elections when we were the controller very easily (and won all elections pre-3.0 ofc)

Top Bottom