How to win an election in 3.3?

Thought it was two pints of babycham and your first born son?

Have you not done any testing?! That only works for Empire factions that are unhappy, in boom state and civil liberty with an anarchy faction within 6LY whilst pending expansion....on Thursdays during the first half of the month.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
Also - there is STRONG evidence that there has been a bit of a nerf on large actions by a single commander - effectively a "diminishing returns" thing, as there was for trading about a year ago. It appears to be designed to prevent one person propping up/mashing down a single faction in the face of many commanders working against them. For instance, large data drops - there's a "limit" to how much 1 person affects a system now - better to have 10 people drop 1m than 1 person drop 10 (probably larger than that actually - 10m x10 people vs 100m x 1). This appears to affect trade, explo data and POSSIBLY bounties....

I think its safer to say that there is storng evidence that the BGS has been really messed up so far and basing any firm conclusions on observed outcomes thus far is probably unwise. With the 1st day of result after the latest patch my gut feel is that the BGS is currently more responsive than 3.2 - more like the last few days of 3.2 when some unusually large swings occured.

I think its safer to say that there is storng evidence that the BGS has been really messed up so far and basing any firm conclusions on observed outcomes thus far is probably unwise. With the 1st day of result after the latest patch my gut feel is that the BGS is currently more responsive than 3.2 - more like the last few days of 3.2 when some unusually large swings occured.

The facts above have been tested and proven - the team at Hutton have a good handle on it at the moment across 20 systems and things are nice and stable. There are a FEW (only a few) strange behaviours, but it's far from broken. The main problem at the moment is that every faction seems to be stuck in investment and no one is in the lower section of the security or economic scales. We're actively working some smuggling etc to try and force some down into the lower sections at the moment to study the effect.

The facts above have been tested and proven - the team at Hutton have a good handle on it at the moment across 20 systems and things are nice and stable. There are a FEW (only a few) strange behaviours, but it's far from broken. The main problem at the moment is that every faction seems to be stuck in investment and no one is in the lower section of the security or economic scales. We're actively working some smuggling etc to try and force some down into the lower sections at the moment to study the effect.
I can't comment on your evidence cos I have not seen it. I have seen evidence that a single Cmdr can have a bigger effect than in 3.2 and with a hell of a lot less effort. My evidence isn't particularly wide ranging, but it is reproducible, not just anecdotal.

I already made post in the other topic, but I need urgently find the answer, so am asking excuse me, I'll post message still here:
We are in a state of "elections" with the controlling faction. We did courier missions and trade missions from our faction from Sunday to Monday. What is our surprise when we saw that we began to lose the election. We really did a lot and I just didn't expect this. I sit puzzled over what it is and why. Yesterday we again did a lot of courier missions. I'm waiting for the server tick to see the result, but I have a bad feeling.
Please tell us what to do to win this election, we have been going to fight for the system for so long.

I already made post in the other topic, but I need urgently find the answer, so am asking excuse me, I'll post message still here:
We are in a state of "elections" with the controlling faction. We did courier missions and trade missions from our faction from Sunday to Monday. What is our surprise when we saw that we began to lose the election. We really did a lot and I just didn't expect this. I sit puzzled over what it is and why. Yesterday we again did a lot of courier missions. I'm waiting for the server tick to see the result, but I have a bad feeling.
Please tell us what to do to win this election, we have been going to fight for the system for so long.
There is no "answer" - Sometimes (normally) it works, Sometimes (more often that is acceptable) it doesnt.

We stopped taking research data and trading in our system. We performed only courier missions, the result - we managed to get a draw again.
Today we are running courier missions and waiting for the TICK of the server.

The Trade missions will boost your Economy level but don't have a noticeable effect on the Election. Election themed missions appear to have the biggest (possibly the only) effect, particularly Poll-Data courier missions.

If you have for example Boom, Civil Liberty and Election at the same time you will get a range of missions that support each of the three states. Only the Election specific missions appear to effect the Election result.

We stopped taking research data and trading in our system. We performed only courier missions, the result - we managed to get a draw again.
Today we are running courier missions and waiting for the TICK of the server.

My squadron just lost our second election due to a good portion of the main haulers taking our victory for granted and playing Anthem over the weekend. We noticed late with the first one that only the poll data courier missions were counting for our faction. All the other election related missions were going to the controlling faction. If your squad just pushes the same missions you should be good. Just don't let up until you no longer see election related missions available in your entire system. I think our guys saw we had dominated three days in a row (after losing the first day) and figured that an old chart that said elections last 3-7 days was still valid. This led to them playing Anthem and the rest of us doing stuff for engineering. No one caught our victory was turning into a defeat until Sunday, and no one was wanting to play that day.

We stick to the plan. The entire squadron only performs courier missions in our system. We have a status in elections-a complete victory, I hope today tomorrow we will win.

This is beyond broken.

We were leading 3-2 until today's tick. The score was supposed to be either 4-2 (most likely) or 3-3 (had something gone wrong again). But apparently, now, the controlling faction has dominated the conflict for 4 days, gaining 2 positions or days in a single tick. So here we are, 7 days of conflict while 6 days into the conflict.

This is beyond broken.

We were leading 3-2 until today's tick. The score was supposed to be either 4-2 (most likely) or 3-3 (had something gone wrong again). But apparently, now, the controlling faction has dominated the conflict for 4 days, gaining 2 positions or days in a single tick. So here we are, 7 days of conflict while 6 days into the conflict.

Although I can't shed any light on the two-for-one tick, we did notice recently that on what seemed to be a pending election day it was possible to carry out election-themed missions, and then that day was counted. On what seemed to be Day 1 we already had a "Close Victory".

Although I can't shed any light on the two-for-one tick, we did notice recently that on what seemed to be a pending election day it was possible to carry out election-themed missions, and then that day was counted. On what seemed to be Day 1 we already had a "Close Victory".

This is very interesting indeed. We, however, didn't run any missions until the actual start of the elections, and so the conflict began with a "Draw". The controlling faction, on the other hand, blatantly cheated on match point, and not only by countering dozens of poll-data mission runs, but by doubling their "success" in a single day.

This issue was also reported in the sticky thread. I don't know if other conflict states can be affected, but this definitely may happen during the elections.

We stick to the plan. The entire squadron only performs courier missions in our system. We have a status in elections-a complete victory, I hope today tomorrow we will win.

So when doing an election mission ONLY doing the courier missions seems to work for you?

My squadron has been running election missions for our faction for two days now. The first day, only three of us participated, and only did missions that amounted to 10 influence points, as we felt anything past that probably wouldn't count. We lost that day, pretty much as expected.

Then day 2, we had 10 members participating, and everyone did a minimum of 10 courier missions (I did around 40). And we lost again.

The thing that is puzzling is I have this game for Xbox One and PC, and we are pretty sure the people propping up the other faction are PC players. We haven't seen a single human (other than us) entering the station, on Xbox One or PC. So..... ???

What's also annoying is this is our Home System, while these blokes have almost 100 systems. We can't expand until we get control and it's really annoying they are caring so much about a system that is so far away from their Home System. We aren't in their backyard, they are literally in our front yard. We have a Plan B on how we are going to attack them and spread them thin and hopefully it will work, but the worry that this whole election thing is bugged and all effort is just moot is really g annoying.

So my question to you all is, what kind of effort is being employed to win elections (how many people and how many missions executed per day)? Thanks!

Last edited:
My squadron has been running election missions for our faction for two days now. The first day, only three of us participated, and only did missions that amounted to 10 influence points, as we felt anything past that probably wouldn't count. We lost that day, pretty much as expected.

Then day 2, we had 10 members participating, and everyone did a minimum of 10 courier missions (I did around 40). And we lost again.

The thing that is puzzling is I have this game for Xbox One and PC, and we are pretty sure the people propping up the other faction are PC players. We haven't seen a single human (other than us) entering the station, on Xbox One or PC. So..... ???

What's also annoying is this is our Home System, while these blokes have almost 100 systems. We can't expand until we get control and it's really annoying they are caring so much about a system that is so far away from their Home System. We aren't in their backyard, they are literally in our front yard. We have a Plan B on how we are going to attack them and spread them thin and hopefully it will work, but the worry that this whole election thing is bugged and all effort is just moot is really g annoying.

So my question to you all is, what kind of effort is being employed to win elections (how many people and how many missions executed per day)? Thanks!

You might have encountered bugs. For that, you cannot do anything beside bug reporting to FD.
Try PAX missions just in case.

This is beyond broken.

THIS literally just happened to my faction. We lost first two days. Won the next two days. So a tie. We were expecting to be up 1 tick, but I checked this morning, and we are down TWO ticks. ?

Top Bottom