Powerplay How is Powerplay not open only yet?

Oh what subtle irony :rolleyes:

But as for Bruce, he's still young and inexperienced. Of course, he can have his opinion just like anyone else (and as such, he has the right to be just as clueless as any of us). But as a CM, maybe he shouldn't go too far out on a limb...
So an employee is young and inexperienced now.

My gosh and you are even serious about that. Try send a résumé to frontier, then.

Hilarious.

I don't think anyone claimed it made it fun. It just makes it fair. Powers vs powers is what powerplay is. But people hide in solo, makeing it hollow and unfair.
How, exactly, does "hiding" in solo make it hollow and unfair? Powerplay isn't a gladiatorial fight to the death. It's entirely possible, even in open, to play it without interacting with other players. And "unfair" implies that one group somehow gains an advantage over the others by using solo mode. People in open don't use spreadsheets? Making it open only would have zero effect on Powerplay. The motivation behind the idea is transparently obvious... gankers hope it will push more easy targets their way. It isn't about improving anything, it's about wanting to camp out at your home system's entry point and snipe people as they drop in.

Go bore your pals
What: annoyed when people let you aknowledge some of the absurd things you write? Like: telling a professional hired by the company of the game you are a customer must be green because he disagrees with you? You are unable to talk about game mechanics and apparently even more. Do you actually work? Or know anything about working? Because my gosh what you said was first class absurdity.

What: annoyed when people let you aknowledge some of the absurd things you write? Like: telling a professional hired by the company of the game you are a customer must be green because he disagrees with you? You are unable to talk about game mechanics and apparently even more. Do you actually work? Or know anything about working? Because my gosh what you said was first class absurdity.

That's no more ridiculous than assuming that a CM has the same weight when it comes to game design decisions as a developer. Or that he even has to be automatically competent in these things. First of all, he is nothing more than the interface between the community and the developers. And then you turn the logical connections into the opposite (I didn't say that he is automatically incompetent because he is still young or because he disagrees with me, that's just what you make out of it) and show me that your way of thinking logically has some deficits. When it comes to absurdity, you are clearly my master.

That's no more ridiculous than assuming that a CM has the same weight when it comes to game design decisions as a developer. Or that he even has to be automatically competent in these things. First of all, he is nothing more than the interface between the community and the developers. And then you turn the logical connections into the opposite (I didn't say that he is automatically incompetent because he is still young, that's what you make out of it) and show me that your way of thinking logically has some deficits. When it comes to absurdity, you are clearly my master.
Ah don't try to change things now.

You said that:
  • Sammarco was relocated because open only was in Powerplay proposal
  • @Bruce G must be very inexperienced to even talk about Open Only

Dude, really.

There's nothing illogical in imaging that the argument is been discussed, I'll tell you more, I don't believe it's ever been a priority (as Powerplay for example), and with all the issues Odyssey is having right now I do not believe this thing is gonna ever be a priority in the next few months.

So: don't fret, actually what we are talking in here right now has got basically no influence in what the decisions of the dev team will be, as I said before I'm ok in giving meaningful gameplay feedback.

You on the other hand are so sure about what's happening in FDev right now about everything. Again: résumé and you are in, you seem so ready for the job! :p

Ah don't try to change things now.

You said that:
  • Sammarco was relocated because open only was in Powerplay proposal
  • @Bruce G must be very inexperienced to even talk about Open Only

The words "must" and "was" as an undisputed fact were never used by me. I neither said nor thought that in that form. You really have to learn the difference between fact, possibility and opinion and then stop twisting other people's statements into the absurd in order to then throw exactly that at their feet. This is a disgusting style.

The words "must" and "was" as an undisputed fact were never used by me. I neither said nor thought that in that form. You really have to learn the difference between fact, possibility and opinion and then stop twisting other people's statements into the absurd in order to then throw exactly that at their feet. This is a disgusting style.
Oh well, so you didn't say that. Ok ok, go back and edit your posts, because one could think you told exactly that. :)

I don't care what you think by now, it can't be much anyway.
Dude: you are much more hurt than you should. It's just a videogame. Take it easy and have a good life. But for the future: this is what happens when you start making things personal with people that maybe are better than you think they actually are dialectically speaking.

And next time: keep on with "the game is what it is" thing. Stay low, don't even try something different, for what it's worth you've got not much more to say about the argument (as most of the "nothing open only" cult).

How, exactly, does "hiding" in solo make it hollow and unfair? Powerplay isn't a gladiatorial fight to the death. It's entirely possible, even in open, to play it without interacting with other players. And "unfair" implies that one group somehow gains an advantage over the others by using solo mode. People in open don't use spreadsheets? Making it open only would have zero effect on Powerplay. The motivation behind the idea is transparently obvious... gankers hope it will push more easy targets their way. It isn't about improving anything, it's about wanting to camp out at your home system's entry point and snipe people as they drop in.
I've said many times in this thread how making it open helps powerplay. Go back and read about it.

I've said many times in this thread how making it open helps powerplay. Go back and read about it.
Click the link (Wall of Information) in my Sig.

The Devs have told people over and over, for years that all game features are for everyone.
No one mode is "special", no one mode is getting private content because that floodgate would kill the game.

And as has been pointed out, repeatedly. You can play Power Play without doing any PvP at all - even in Open Mode.
With how Frontier has improved and made their "block player" tool better, anyone could just log into Open and block everyone they see. Sudo Solo, while in Open.

The only way you could anything near what the PvP'ers want is if Power Play was moved to its own mode like CQC is. So there wouldn't be a ton of random people knocking about, only those doing Power Play. And the other modes would have nothing to do with it at all. (which I'm fine with)

And again: this kind of approach (the game is what it is and needs to stay this way) is one of the many issues of this community, and mostly I think that kind of feedback has made the game what it is right now, in its worst shape ever, where every MMO-like mechanic (BGS and Powerplay) are utterly broken and even worse totally ignored by the developers, with a completely unbalanced and grindy gameplay where new features are buffed for personal rewards to make them "interesting" to do, destroying in the process the game progression (remember when having an anaconda used to be a great deal? I do.)

I find amusing how you people always say the same things. FDev did your way until now. That way made the game worse. We've got grind wars nobody's particularly fond with unless they are "winning" in that particular conflict, and the very same people, when they lose, they always blame bots, cheating and ask for their enemies to show themselves in Open. Saw that so many times I am quite tired to see how people shamelessly have double standards about in game ethics when fighting other groups.

So I say: let's change things at least for Powerplay, making it that only and unique game mechanic where people will know that there's some mechanic though for players to clash against each other.

And yeah, even in their very own "game mode": you are pledged, you can only log in there. But to do something like that, Powerplay should become something much more complex, where every simple game mechanic is somehow covered, with merits assigned for every single action in game.

Which I believe it's a little bit of a hell considering balancement, but that's not my concern, it's something game designers should be able to do (with a big SHOULD).

But honestly... I have not that much trust in FDev interest of doing anything like that, or anything at all concerning Powerplay. We're going to have a roadmap like tomorrow (if I remember well, or in 10 days?), I except to be let down again. :(

So I say: let's change things at least for Powerplay, making it that only and unique game mechanic where people will know that there's some mechanic though for players to clash against each other.
The players can currently "clash" in any way they choose.
They can trade "clash" and try to outtrade each other, they can combat "clash" by playing Open or in the same PG.

People have the freedom to play it how they want, which was the point of the entire game and mode system from day one.

That being said unless things were changed since I last tried it. Power Play and the BGS were not directly connected (d'uh, wut??? makes perfect sense /facepalm), so moving Power Play to its own mode like CQC is, then at least all Power Players would be together and out of the way of the main game. Then the rest of the community could carry on and never have to think about it again.

Though you'd still have the issues of people strategically blocking other players to sudo Solo in the PP mode.

Top Bottom