How FDEV could've made the difference with Odyssey.

Really? How do you know this?
Because I play other games from other developers that are able to add orders of magnitude more content in a single years than FD has added in the 3 years it claims it spent on this.
I say this because if you just step back and think about whats new:
A new "2 legged" SRV.
A few new assets, rooms, buildings and guns.
Some new UI and menu's.
And (what I openly acknowledge would be a lot of work) the AI for 2 legged NPC's.
an iterative update on the Planet tech.

Keep in mind the whole base game took less time than this update. And the same studio also put out 3 whole games based on the same engine in the same 3 years we're talking about. I don't begrudge them working on other projects, I'm just pointing out that just because it's been 3 years since the last game update that this update is the result of 3 years of work.

Fully tested and released software used to be like delicious popcorn candy, wrapped up in a pretty box, sweetened to perfection, enjoyed one at a time and savored for a long while.

Now, the software is popped quickly, released before it's ready, coated in butter to make it easy to swallow, with you as the tester providing the salt.

I enjoyed the delicious popcorn candy of yester-year, but this burnt, over buttered popcorn, with too much salt we are served today leaves a dry taste in my mouth and not wanting more.

It's a shame this has now become the industry standard for game software.

Keep in mind the whole base game took less time than this update. And the same studio also put out 3 whole games based on the same engine in the same 3 years we're talking about. I don't begrudge them working on other projects, I'm just pointing out that just because it's been 3 years since the last game update that this update is the result of 3 years of work.
Of course, Frontier only hires 100 staff and has lied to everyone...

I'm glad I'm not quite so bitter about a game and its developers as to feel the need to berate them because they aren't 'in the same league' as, e.g. Hello games...

I'm glad I'm not quite so bitter about a game and its developers as to feel the need to berate them because they aren't 'in the same league' as, e.g. Hello games...
I''m not sure what point you're trying to make here. Hello games has a varied reputation so I'm nor sure if you're inferring FD are better or worse.

Those are sentence fragments, so illustrate nothing
My statement was drawing my opinion on what other people express, as a counter to Leo's idea that people play games they hate.

Saying that "I speak for all" has nothing to do with it, unless you assume that Leo "speaks for all", just as much?

My statement was drawing my opinion on what other people express, as a counter to Leo's idea that people play games they hate.

Saying that "I speak for all" has nothing to do with it, unless you assume that Leo "speaks for all", just as much?
Yes he does, as do I - we share the job, along with being undercover spies for a lot of nefarious beasties here on the interweb.

By the way, what's your favorite topping for chips/fries?

The day I have more negatives than positive to say about the game is the day I'll stop playing.

Unlike some I don't play games I clearly hate.

I don't really need that, hence my posts probably. I like being more sitational and just say the honest truth for the topic.

In honesty, the only thing about elite that triggers a high negative (after years of expectation adjustment) is reading rude white knight posts dismissing valid concerns and just rubbing poop on themselves to get attention every thread they decide they personally didn't want to read but had to read anyway.

When it comes to the game, for me anyway what worked at the start always works.. bare bones sandbox truck simulator, everything else ontop is frills to add depth to the trucking experience. I often slip down the slopes that frontier marketing make every few years, but they never turn out as a new player would hope, so its pretty quick to get back to space trucking around these days.

So what do you make of odysee?

ps. The other problem is frontiers self boasting during official streams often extends past their development skills. When it doesn't, or they choose polite modesty, of course i can respect that.

Top Bottom