How FDEV could've made the difference with Odyssey.

Why would you take a highly-skilled engineer whom obviously enjoys what he does and make him a Community Manager? That is one of the most logic-defying things I have seen on these forums.

As for your comments about Arthur, I think they're unwarranted as he is obviously enthusiastic about the Odyssey expansion as it is a significant milestone for Frontier & Elite Dangerous. I have no objections to people being enthusiastic about what they're working on (even though it is an alien experience for me) and certainly don't begrudge them showing that enthusiasm.

Well not exactly, but information of that type is the most interesting stuff to hear. Instead of being told directly how good they are you can infer that from what they say.

Enthusiasm about the game is fine... not sure that's what they're doing there though. Have a listen to the latest one.

Well not exactly, but information of that type is the most interesting stuff to hear. Instead of being told directly how good they are you can infer that from what they say.
I am sure a lot of us would like to hear more about the inner workings of ED but hosting hour long livestreams talking tech is not what Community Management is about
Enthusiasm about the game is fine... not sure that's what they're doing there though. Have a listen to the latest one.
I already had done, and it was enthusiasm, excitement, whatever you want to call it. I would expect a company to want to employ CMs that can be enthusiastic, rather than coming on stream with a CBA'd attitude.

I am sure a lot of us would like to hear more about the inner workings of ED but hosting hour long livestreams talking tech is not what Community Management is about

I already had done, and it was enthusiasm, excitement, whatever you want to call it. I would expect a company to want to employ CMs that can be enthusiastic, rather than coming on stream with a CBA'd attitude.
FDev's whole work ethic as a company is "cba". Thought the community knew this

FDev's whole work ethic as a company is "cba". Thought the community knew this
tenor.gif

Wow, my throwaway comment in post 2 attracted an awful lot of hate directly at me, just for saying it isn't even out yet!? I didn't say it would be awesome, I just said it wasn't out.

I forgot about how hateful people could be with hyperbole here - I need much more practice to recover my White Knight powers - do I roll a 2d6, or do I just not care? I suspect the latter.

Yup, I'll just get the popcorn, but feel free to shoot at me again dandies :)
If you are anything like me, and I suspect that you are 😜 you'll just not care 🙂🍿

Top Bottom