How big is our VR Community

This game is only worth playing in VR, shame it sucks!

Let me explain:

The good bits:
  • I use a HTC Vive Pro, so the headset is fine and the graphics are good too.
  • I use a Trustmaster Warthog stick and throttle and I have Logitech paddles for my feet, so actual flying is fine and immersive.

The bits that suck:
  • The need for 3rd party tools to do anything meaning full (examples if the station don't have that 4A module you need & search for best prices to sell.buy your stuff)
  • No build-in keyboard you can pop up and use your mouse to type with.
It just kills the game for me and I have tried hard to "like" it with the obvious shortcomings for VR. I could for a while accept the issues, considering development time etc. and frankly I don't care about there priorities any longer. You want me to play and pay for stuff, then don't make have to exist VR for anything but going to the loo.

Been playing ED since beta and am an avid VR user; I now have a HP Reverb G2 and for ED in particular its absolutely stunning

I previously had a Rift CV1, Vive, Pimax 5K+ and have used a Pimax 8KX, but the G2 is by far my favourite, I don't recommend Pimax at all, what a nightmare

Last edited:
reporting on duty.

I started the journey in VR in 2014 by participating in development of Opentrack and smartphone VR. In meantime i had Acer VR, Odyssey+, HP Reverb and how i am happy owner of Reverb G2.

Smartphone VR/carboard showed the possibility of the future but in true it was the piece of crap. However, after i bought the Acer VR in 2018 then i am playing almost alltime in VR.

I play exclusively in VR. Started with the Cell phone VR, Rift CV1, Rift S and now a Reverb G2.

My current list of VR games: ED, Half-Life Alyx, Ultimate Fishing Simulator, Assetto Corsa, No Man's Sky & Subnautica.

I've found that my interest in VR runs parallel with my interest in ED. Despite having multiple titles that support VR (Skyrim, Subnautica, IL-2), ED is the only game that really compels me to put on the HMD these days. When I'm not in the mood to play ED, I'm not in the mood to play any VR game, and when I'm not in the mood to wear the HMD, I'm not in the mood to play ED.

Let's just say my Rift S has been in its original box for a few months now... Meanwhile I'm having more immersive gameplay with games like Space Engineers and Red Dead Online, despite these games being 2D. If VR gave me the visual clarity of my very nice 2D monitor with the FOV of my natural eyes looking at the real world, I would be more addicted to it like some of you are now, assuming the games available for it were compelling.

People say VR is the future. Perhaps, but not like this. Today's VR may be a stepping stone in that direction, like the Atari 2600 was a stepping stone to the PS5, but there's still a long way to go before it's truly mainstream.

Let's just say my Rift S has been in its original box for a few months now... Meanwhile I'm having more immersive gameplay with games like Space Engineers and Red Dead Online, despite these games being 2D. If VR gave me the visual clarity of my very nice 2D monitor with the FOV of my natural eyes looking at the real world, I would be more addicted to it like some of you are now, assuming the games available for it were compelling.
What do think this about this current gen of HMDs, in particular the G2 and Quest 2? From my experience, using my G2, when I have indulged myself and pushed the slider up to native, it's pretty crisp! In fact, playing Assetto Corsa and ED, I can pretty much read the same dials as I can in pancake using my desktop monitor.
BUT
my monitor only goes upto 1920 x 1080, which probably explains the minimal difference between the two. I guess even these devices are far from what 4k people are now used to now??

People say VR is the future. Perhaps, but not like this. Today's VR may be a stepping stone in that direction, like the Atari 2600 was a stepping stone to the PS5, but there's still a long way to go before it's truly mainstream.
100% agree. Defo a long way to go before it is truly mainstream.

Top Bottom