Hokaaaay....Thargoids just creeped me out....

Hallo!
I'm bug-hunting up here in the Pleiades, largely sticking to Scouts by flying into NHSS's, Threat 4. It's wonderful fun, if a bit tedious, but it's nice seeing those numbers actually move. I ought to hit Deadly by tomorrow.
It's fun to watch the Scouts just as they appear from their rift - or whatever it is - and start nailing them even before they've fully arrived, as it were.
However, just now I happened to see them emerge from their cloud; there was a white blip which I targeted. the name that appeared on the white blip was "Thargoid Seeker"
DURR?!

While I've little knowledge of the Interceptor class I know the Scouts quite well now (at least in terms of blowing them up lol) but I've NEVER seen a 'Thargoid Seeker'.
The blip disappeared in just a second; it went with the cloud but I was left scratching my head a bit...metaphorically 'cause there were a LOT of Scouts to deal with - like 8 (There were a few Human ships that spawned as well.) The Scouts beat the tar out of me until I was able to thin them out.

If I see it again I'll try to take a screenshot - but does anyone know in this context what a 'thargoid seeker' is? It doesn't appear in a google search.
Cheers!

try level 6. they'll anhilate you
To Space voyager and Guizin239: Thanks; i'm sure that by now in this thread you have totally gotten off at how totally tough you are taking on higher level NHSS's. I'm sure we are all just wibbling at how totally awesome and cool you are.
Oh - we aren't actually.
OK; go back to bragging amongst yourselves; don't mind us; we're only talking about specific issues here and don't really CARE about how absolutely awesome you are.

To Space voyager and Guizin239: Thanks; i'm sure that by now in this thread you have totally gotten off at how totally tough you are taking on higher level NHSS's. I'm sure we are all just wibbling at how totally awesome and cool you are.
Oh - we aren't actually.
OK; go back to bragging amongst yourselves; don't mind us; we're only talking about specific issues here and don't really CARE about how absolutely awesome you are.
i wasn't bragging, just letting you know that scouts on threat level 6 are very hard to kill. geez.

i wasn't bragging, just letting you know that scouts on threat level 6 are very hard to kill. geez.
...and the English language actually has rules and principles established within its structure that makes your response rather transparently incorrect.
GEEZ.
But whatever; you go ahead and kill 347 Hydras before breakfast. I'm sure the rest of us will be agog at your skill. (shrug)

try level 6. they'll anhilate you
Are you sure about that? Because I've never seen anything other than 1 Basilisk or 1 Clopsie + 4 scouts in 6.

However, in Threat 5, you can go up against 8 scouts total (instead of Clopise) and they can have several zerkers, some healers and shielders. Sometimes they kick my pretty hard, and actually fun to fight in my paperthin hunter. As far as I know, 4 Scouts group can never have extra variants, other than default.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? Because I've never seen anything other than 1 Basilisk or 1 Clopsie + 4 scouts in 6.

However, in Threat 5, you can go up against 8 scouts total (instead of Clopise) and they can have several zerkers, some healers and shielders. Sometimes that kick my pretty hard, and actually fun to fight in my paperthin hunter. As far as I know, 4 Scouts group can never have extra variants, other than default.
Yep, during the Gnosis fail and incursitions their are POIs that go up to... threat 7 I believe that are nothing but scouts.

It's easier to find during incursations because 2 systems get attacked, one with spawn scouts and interceptors and the other will just spawn scouts.

And all threat levels can have variants. I have been in threat 3s with A rengenerator and berserker.

I admit I didn't know there were all-scouts level 6 and 7! I wish we could differentiate them from the interceptors somehow.

I would however change the loadout somewhat. Right now I have two AX MCs and two Gausses. Love to have some target practice with the FA-off while MCs chew the scouts whether I hit them or not. With a huge number of scouts I'd probably go for AX turrets exclusively. I'm not concerned about the scouts destroying me, with the use of speed and heatsinks we're pretty safe. Just remember to change the direction of the flight while boosting and to use those heatsinks.

...and the English language actually has rules and principles established within its structure that makes your response rather transparently incorrect.
GEEZ.
But whatever; you go ahead and kill 347 Hydras before breakfast. I'm sure the rest of us will be agog at your skill. (shrug)
english isnt my native language so 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

However, in Threat 5, you can go up against 8 scouts total (instead of Clopise) and they can have several zerkers, some healers and shielders. Sometimes they kick my pretty hard, and actually fun to fight in my paperthin hunter. As far as I know, 4 Scouts group can never have extra variants, other than default.
there's a document from the folks at AXI that gives you the spawn rates of interceptors and scouts at different NHSS, here:

I usually go for threat level 6 because there's more of them, but they're very hard.

Top Bottom